OTIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Field Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OTIS (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had previous work experience so the interview process was fairly easy... I met with the operations manager first for lunch... Then met with his staff of supervisors, and after this process you will meet with the branch manager. Once hired, you will meet the regional operations manager and he will give you all the training you will need.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle union workers   1 Answer

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by one on one interview with several people, following by a group interview and a luncheon with everyone on the team, followed by a background check and drug test. The phone interview and one-on-one interview were standard, run-of-the mill interview questions, but meeting with the team was different - in a cafeteria on site with your future coworkers... very socially awkward since they all knew each other and I didn't, plus we were all eating.

Interview Questions

• What is a process you would change at your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sign on bonuses are available - you just need to ask. Vacation isn't negotiable, but working remotely is - many people work from home at least one or two days each week.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview ended up with me interviewing them. My advice; prepare solid questions about the work you'll be doing, the company and the leadership opportunities offered by UTC. Do research on your interviewer and tailor your responses to his / her responsibilitie

Negotiation

The terms were good. High hourly rate with stipend.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with several members of the engineering team followed by an in person interview with those same members. The in person interview took approximately half the day. The people who interviewed me were easy to interact with and very helpful in answering any questions I had at the time.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were relatively straightforward and none were too technical. Since the position was for a software engineer I would have liked to have been asked more programming type questions.   Answer Question

Janitor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

The hiring process is very interesting because first they fly you out to salt lake city and have you go to an office where they have you use the company phone to conduct an over the phone interview with corporate. If you pass that, the second interview is in kiev and you meet with the CEO. If you get his approval then you are hired. Nobody gets his approval.

Interview Questions

• If you are in a room with an oil lamp, a candle and a stick of dynamite, and you only have one match, what do you light first?   2 Answers

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OTIS (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Hired based on my skills and also having a lot in common with the type of work I would be dealing with. The interview was more about what I would be doing and the tasks I would be handling most of the time. Overall the whole process was a breeze and wrapped up within a day.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

Very easy behavioral interview questions. I think it was more of an interview to see how you would fit with the company. I was interviewed by the sales manager and branch manager.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Lengthy - started with HR screen, then super day meeting with 8+ people from a variety of branches. Most set in groups of two with a good cop/bad cop set up. Test you to see how you can handle tough questions.

After meetings, you have to give a presentation on a topic you're interested in in front of everyone you interviewed with + the other candidates attending that day.

If you survive this experience, you get to ride along with a current rep to see what a day in the life looks like.

If you're extended an offer after all of this, you have to complete a drug screen and background check. I think they have now added an IQ test as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can handle tough customer meetings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OTIS (Sacramento, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume, followed up with email, received an application which was then submitted. I was called in for an interview with the Branch Manager and the sales manager. I had one interview and then waited 2 weeks for an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why would you like to work for Otis? What experience do you have in sales? Tell me about how you would develop business in new city? Why should we hire you? Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (East Hartford, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

Heard about the job through on-campus career fair, start off with a phone interview, then 1 on 1 interview on campus for round 2, once passed, third round of interview was to go through 3 groups of 2 managers of local/regional level, got an offer first thing in the morning Monday of the week after.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Des Moines, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

I met OTIS for a career fair at my university. They invited me to do an interview on campus the next day, where I met with someone in HR from CA and a local manager from IA. I was then invited on the spot (which is rare I guess) to attend their Super Day, where their top 10 candidates West of the Mississippi would be interviewed.
    Their Super Day was originally supposed to be in LA, CA, but because 3 of the top 10 candidates went to Iowa, they decided to move the Super Day to their Des Moines office. At their Super Day, you did a panel interview with a group of executives, did a writing sample, a role play, and did a presentation you were asked to prepare in advance. I received an offer about a week later.