OTIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OTIS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

I applied and had my interview the next day. I was interviewed by two representatives on campus and then moved on to a second and third interview onsite a month apart from each other. Each interview was with a different manager at the branch.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview. HR manager called at exactly top of the hour. Was very polite and professional.
    Clearly had read my resume, so we did not have to spend a lot of time going through work history.

Told me on the phone that I would go to next step and by when I would hear. This HR manager was seriously good at handling phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a problem employee. How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • When you are explaining something technical to a customer, how do you know they understood you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. What happened? What was the result of the conflict?   Answer Question
    • Did the recruiter explain the compensation?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position?   Answer Question
    • What is your management or supervisory style?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was a phone interview, so it only resulted in moving to the face-to-face interview.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

I met with reps at a college careers fair and was asked to do an interview the following day. I did, and then was contacted about three weeks later asking for a second interview. I drove over 4 hours for a one hour interview which I did not feel was very in depth or informative at all. They offered a position and I was so unimpressed with the poor interview and time that they took with the process that will not accept.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you did not meet your goals?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OTIS (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy in person interview. All behavioral questions. They want to know why you want to work in sales and how have you developed your sales approach.

Project Manager CRM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

2 PM roles. One PM role for Asia and one PM role for Europe. 3 Sr interviewers. 1 per each PM role and 1 for Governance. This is within the IT organization. Interview is behavioral. They are not clear what they want and have been looking for months. Thy want a CRM expert at a PM price.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in CRM Dynamics. Specifically global.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

2 PM Positions. One for Asia. One for Europe. Both for Dynamics CRM. 3 interviewers. One for each PM and one that represents Governance. Otis is under a reorg. This position has been listed for quite some time. They are not sure what they want. CRM expert at PM price.

Interview Questions

• What is you experience with Global CRM implementations.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Lengthy - started with HR screen, then super day meeting with 8+ people from a variety of branches. Most set in groups of two with a good cop/bad cop set up. Test you to see how you can handle tough questions.

After meetings, you have to give a presentation on a topic you're interested in in front of everyone you interviewed with + the other candidates attending that day.

If you survive this experience, you get to ride along with a current rep to see what a day in the life looks like.

If you're extended an offer after all of this, you have to complete a drug screen and background check. I think they have now added an IQ test as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can handle tough customer meetings?   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was coordinated through Lucas Group Executive recruiter. HR and management reps from Otis were very approachable during the process and were not trying to add to the overall stress but focused on determining candidate skills and fit for both the role and the company. HR was timely with follow up phone contacts and responses to queries on the way ahead were prompt. Very professional experience.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience specifically qualify you for this role?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Bloomfield, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

One on One interview with a supervisor where they ask you team development skills and your past performance with previous companies. The supervisor then showcased what the position would be doing real-time by shadowing other employees.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Bloomfield, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

SEP2015- Emailed HR Manager w/ Resume (Received automatic email stating person was on vacation for a few months)
    DEC2015- Followed up with another email to HR Manager.
    JAN2016- Received an response from HR manager & was told ENGR Co-Op was filled. Told me to apply to 2 other Customer Service Rep Co-Ops. (I was told they prefer engineering students)
    MARCH2016- Email from HR Manager to schedule an interview with two different managers for 2 different CS positions.
    MARCH2016- Was told both managers wanted me for each position & was asked which one do I want to work for. I chose a manager BUT I was told ENGR position opened back up & I could hold off on the position if the ENGR Managers were interested in my resume.
    MARCH2016- HR Manager said they were interested and my interview was 2 days later.
    MARCH2016- Interviewed with a panel of 5 ENGRs that I would be working with in the future. I was told they were having 5 other interviews plus my predecessor who was now a full time ENGR. Interview lasted for about 30 minutes I was taken on a tour of the facility asked for everyone business cards & was told a decision would be made the next week.
    MARCH2016- The following week received an email from HR manager saying I got the ENGR position.
    MARCH2016- Received offer letter & documents forms to do drug testing and background checks.
    April- Cleared all testing and checks.
    MAY2016- Start Date.

(All March events happened within a 2 week span)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. UTC's intern hourly rates for ENGRs go by year in school. (ex: Sophomore, Junior, Senior)