OTIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OTIS Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.8

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

On campus interview followed by panel interview (3 rounds/2 interviewers) and 5 minute presentation at headquarters. Interviewers were really friendly and encouraging. The presentation is short - they just want to determine your presentation skills.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OTIS (Kansas City, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was informal and light hearted. It has basically a sessions to find out more about you and see if you fit the company. There are some simple questions about past experience, willingness to travel, and if I have any questions about the company.

Account Management Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS (Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

One on one interview on college campus. Then was flown down to a super day in Hartford Connecticut. 30 minute presentation and then 3 thirty minute interviews with two interviewers in each. Heard back via phone call within a week.

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10, 1 being Introvert 10 being Extrovert, what are you?   1 Answer
    • Do you work better in a fast paced environment or a laid back environment?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at OTIS (Florence, SC).

Interview

They flew me out for their superday. It was a group of about 10 to 15 of us seeking multiple positions. We spent an hour doing a walk throught of the company. Then we broke up to separate tables for a round of 3 interviews. 2 with the engineer of your related field and 1 with HR.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions such as tell us a time where you worked well in a team, a time where it did not work well, where do you see yourself 5 years from now, what brought you to the company.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

I applied and had my interview the next day. I was interviewed by two representatives on campus and then moved on to a second and third interview onsite a month apart from each other. Each interview was with a different manager at the branch.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview. HR manager called at exactly top of the hour. Was very polite and professional.
    Clearly had read my resume, so we did not have to spend a lot of time going through work history.

Told me on the phone that I would go to next step and by when I would hear. This HR manager was seriously good at handling phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a problem employee. How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • When you are explaining something technical to a customer, how do you know they understood you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker. What happened? What was the result of the conflict?   Answer Question
    • Did the recruiter explain the compensation?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the position?   Answer Question
    • What is your management or supervisory style?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was a phone interview, so it only resulted in moving to the face-to-face interview.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OTIS.

Interview

I met with reps at a college careers fair and was asked to do an interview the following day. I did, and then was contacted about three weeks later asking for a second interview. I drove over 4 hours for a one hour interview which I did not feel was very in depth or informative at all. They offered a position and I was so unimpressed with the poor interview and time that they took with the process that will not accept.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OTIS (Gainesville, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy in person interview. All behavioral questions. They want to know why you want to work in sales and how have you developed your sales approach.

Project Manager CRM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

2 PM roles. One PM role for Asia and one PM role for Europe. 3 Sr interviewers. 1 per each PM role and 1 for Governance. This is within the IT organization. Interview is behavioral. They are not clear what they want and have been looking for months. Thy want a CRM expert at a PM price.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in CRM Dynamics. Specifically global.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OTIS (Farmington, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

2 PM Positions. One for Asia. One for Europe. Both for Dynamics CRM. 3 interviewers. One for each PM and one that represents Governance. Otis is under a reorg. This position has been listed for quite some time. They are not sure what they want. CRM expert at PM price.

Interview Questions

• What is you experience with Global CRM implementations.   Answer Question