Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Interview was a total joke, it was a manager selling me on the position. I would like to say there was some challenge, or expectations for employment, but there were not.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Sanford, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Spoke with a very nice recruiter by phone however via the entire interview each time she asked a question and I responded, as I began to talk she clearly had her phone next to the keyboard which made a very loud racket which was difficult to talk/think through. I answered questions well and thoroughly however, asked some good questions and was told the Store Manager would contact me for an interview which I figured as an "at least" with 15+ years of retail management experience. I was contacted two weeks later by the recruiter via email stating they found someone else. Meanwhile the same position posted again this morning as a "new" opening so the apparently "better suited" hire had quit or was terminated.

Copy & Print Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Went by pretty well they where very transparent with the whole process and how everything would go. I don't know what else to say to fill up the 30 word minimum.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about building a base of regular customers.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It was very informal. Asked me basic, general questions, most importantly wanted open availability. Nothing seemed out of the order. Typical retail interview; wasn't too complicated. I was offered the job on the spot.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online directly on Office Depot website. Contacted within days by recruiter via phone. I returned call, left voice message, and never got a call back. Rather than pursue, I used the experience to define how the company operates.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, interview was a case study, could have been given more direction but overall not bad, spoke with various team members who were very helpful, no negotiation for salary at all

Freight Leader/Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Prattville, AL).

Interview

The Store Manager was very down to Earth and had realistic expectations of people. She communicated in a way that didn't make you feel pressured or out of place. This situation obviously can vary, but the interview process as a whole is as basic as it gets. The process was in person, in the managers office.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Very easy. I think I got asked 3 questions and they were simple "Did you, or didn't you do" or "How would you handle thing" type questions. If you pass, they make you sign the typical employment papers then you wait x amount of days for your background check.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with angry customers in the past?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Miami, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Annoying phone interview with the recruiter. As he was asking questions, he was banging away on his key board typing which made it extremely hard to concentrate. I could tell he didn't really want to be on the call and seemed very stressed. The entire call turned me off from wanting to be employed by the company. I truly believe the first interactions with an employee of the company can give you a good sense of the overall environment and culture. The recruiter even emphasized how the hiring manager had no time to train someone, so one had to come in the door and hit the floor running and because the employee in the current role was leaving that Friday, it was critical they get someone fast. This came across as a lack of planning on their part. The entire call was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Was asked confusing questions regarding hard and soft skills, but the way the recruiter asked the questions, I wasn't 100% sure how the recruiter wanted me to answer. It was like decoding a riddle. Not sure he really understood the difference between hard and soft skills.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

First, I applied online and received a call two days later for an interview. I went to the interview and did all my background check stuff while I was there. Next I came back a few days later with a copy of my drivers license and my social security card. I start training this Friday!

Interview Questions

• Contrast a work environment that is strict compared to a work environment that is more laid back   Answer Question