Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.1

Freight Leader/Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prattville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Prattville, AL).

Interview

The Store Manager was very down to Earth and had realistic expectations of people. She communicated in a way that didn't make you feel pressured or out of place. This situation obviously can vary, but the interview process as a whole is as basic as it gets. The process was in person, in the managers office.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Very easy. I think I got asked 3 questions and they were simple "Did you, or didn't you do" or "How would you handle thing" type questions. If you pass, they make you sign the typical employment papers then you wait x amount of days for your background check.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with angry customers in the past?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Miami, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Annoying phone interview with the recruiter. As he was asking questions, he was banging away on his key board typing which made it extremely hard to concentrate. I could tell he didn't really want to be on the call and seemed very stressed. The entire call turned me off from wanting to be employed by the company. I truly believe the first interactions with an employee of the company can give you a good sense of the overall environment and culture. The recruiter even emphasized how the hiring manager had no time to train someone, so one had to come in the door and hit the floor running and because the employee in the current role was leaving that Friday, it was critical they get someone fast. This came across as a lack of planning on their part. The entire call was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Was asked confusing questions regarding hard and soft skills, but the way the recruiter asked the questions, I wasn't 100% sure how the recruiter wanted me to answer. It was like decoding a riddle. Not sure he really understood the difference between hard and soft skills.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

First, I applied online and received a call two days later for an interview. I went to the interview and did all my background check stuff while I was there. Next I came back a few days later with a copy of my drivers license and my social security card. I start training this Friday!

Interview Questions

• Contrast a work environment that is strict compared to a work environment that is more laid back   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I applied online. I had to take an assessment test shortly after. It takes a good 40 minutes to complete. Got a call for an interview and then got a drug screen and background check right after.

Retail Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Metairie, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online on November 13th and received a phone call from the Store Manager for a f2f interview November 28th. The interview went over my work experience with current and former employers.

Situational questions and how would I handle irate customers.

The interview was great overall the Store Manager was very knowledgeable. I made sure to deliver as much as possible with answering the question he had which allow for the Store Manager not to have many questions because they were answered already.

Overall great experience will possibly hear something today or
    tomorrow November 30th regarding position. *** Additional Feedback***

The Store Manager I interviewed with passed my resume over to another Store that was also seeking a CMT. Interviewed for position again December 1st, with Store Manager background check was submitted same day, was advise District Manager may wanna conduct phone interview once all documentation was received.

Received call from Store Manager December 6th to inform District Manager would like to conduct phone interview, which I had on December 8th. Received follow up call today advising I received the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question
    • With your current employer if I was to contact them what would they said regarding your work ethic?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Killeen, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

When I arrived I was taken to the back of the store to have the interview. The person who interviewed me was kind and explained the questions to me when I didn't get it.

Manager Interview

Interview

horrible and not very long they were late and busy do not work for this company they do not know what they are doing and are about to go under

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Called me about a week after I applied asking basic personality type questions. During the same phone call asked me to come in the next week for an in-person interview. The on-site interview was mostly behavioral and running through the resume.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a final round interview at the headquarters in Boca. They scheduled the fight (longer than necessary with a lengthy layover) and I had to take care of booking everything else, transportation, hotel, etc... Was disappointed that they interview schedule changed dramatically. The person leaving the role and company was the primary decision maker and was somewhat aggressive in trying to justify why perhaps I was overqualified and would not be the best for the job. The hiring manager who was scheduled for a full hour only spent 10 minutes with me and people who were not on the schedule were added last minute to compensate. After the interview I had to chase the HR rep for a follow up which almost took one month.

Interview Questions

• How would you forecast for a product that you have limited data for?   Answer Question