OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2018

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

The interview process was relatively informal and practical to the job applied for. Interviewer was very willing to hire inexperienced workers that were willing to learn. Would recommend the job for first time workers

Interview Questions

• What kind of schedule are you able to work?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (East Peoria, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview with Asst. Manager went well, was basically promised the job but then the Store Manager interview was a terrible experience. I ended up not getting the position due to one of my answers that the Store Manager thought meant I couldn't do the job but was exactly what the assistant manager needed for the store.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation and your solution to a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowery Branch, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Flowery Branch, GA).

Interview

It is just one interview and very straight forward, the question they asked are based on the job description. You need to know about their selling culture, business model and their general opreation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Aberdeen, SD) in January 2018.

Interview

I initially applied and submitted my resume online for this position and was contacted by the HR department a couple of days later for an initial phone screening. I was then immediately contacted by the Store Manager for an in-person interview which went very well. From there I received an email with an offer and a request for a background check. The background check took about a week, but their HR recruiter was extremely helpful and stayed in contact with me the whole time. Overall, a very professional and encouraging hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, availability, and motivating factors at work   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kahului, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Kahului, HI).

Interview

I was told to come in at a certain time for my interview and you are interviewed out on the sales floor on their office chair displays. It was very casual.,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the store manager then, 2 one on one interviews once with the store manager and the other with the print supervisor. At the end they gave me a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this (random item)?   1 Answer

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Very friendly environment, associates were very welcoming to new faces. The interview was a one on one process, basic interview questions and it seemed to be very well put together. The interview had a flow to it and it wasn't rushed.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Appleton, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process, very simple predictable questions, and everyone who has gotten an interview has gotten the job at my store, as long as you do some research on basic questions and you prepare your answers you shouldn't be caught off guard.

Retail Merchandising Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Honolulu, HI) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy laid back interview. Spoke with 2 managers, hired on the spot. Called in for orientation sessions the next week. They explained the hours and duties of the position and pay was discussed. Seems they need people for the overnight shift.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a relatively simple interview. It took about 20 minutes to complete the interview. The manager was friendly and asked a few basic questions most other businesses would ask potential employers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer/co-worker?   Answer Question
    • What are your future intentions with the company?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about handling a decision made by the manager that you disagree with?   Answer Question