OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with the store manager then, 2 one on one interviews once with the store manager and the other with the print supervisor. At the end they gave me a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this (random item)?   1 Answer

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Very friendly environment, associates were very welcoming to new faces. The interview was a one on one process, basic interview questions and it seemed to be very well put together. The interview had a flow to it and it wasn't rushed.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Appleton, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process, very simple predictable questions, and everyone who has gotten an interview has gotten the job at my store, as long as you do some research on basic questions and you prepare your answers you shouldn't be caught off guard.

Retail Merchandising Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Honolulu, HI) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy laid back interview. Spoke with 2 managers, hired on the spot. Called in for orientation sessions the next week. They explained the hours and duties of the position and pay was discussed. Seems they need people for the overnight shift.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a relatively simple interview. It took about 20 minutes to complete the interview. The manager was friendly and asked a few basic questions most other businesses would ask potential employers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer/co-worker?   Answer Question
    • What are your future intentions with the company?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about handling a decision made by the manager that you disagree with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at a reletiving small store. After coming in I was taken to one of the furniture displays and we had a candid conversation about my past experience. It was one of the most laid back and comfortable interviews I've ever had. I had a follow-up interview the next morning with more structured questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee refusing to do given tasks?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Amherst, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Informal, sit in an open door office, was interrupted a few times with other workers needing the interviewing manager. They asked a few questions, I asked a few questions. Talked about a wage and availability. Afterwards, said I was done and would call back after they ran a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with selling technology, furniture, or have you worked in a copy/print center before?
      Have you used a cash register before?
      Are you a people person?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I applied online, then got called in for a face-to-face interview. It wasn't anything terribly difficult, primarily just a discussion of my qualifications, needs, and expectations from the job. It was pretty clear that the store manager just wanted to get a read on what kind of person I was and if I would fit in. I must have passed his tests because I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If I was okay taking a low salary to begin with.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied on company website. Contacted by a recruiter several weeks later. Job I applied for was filled internally. Four months later the same recruiter contacted me again. Two phone interviews, followed by District manager interview, then a final phone interview with two other district
    Managers in lieu of the regional VP being available.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Longmont, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Store manager emailed me saying they saw my resume online and wanted to interview me for the job. I came in for a face to face interview the next day.

Questions were standard "Describe your managerial style", "How would you handle an employee that wouldn't follow company standards"

All in all, mostly just a conversation about how you would handle different situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee not following company policy?   1 Answer