OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a relatively simple interview. It took about 20 minutes to complete the interview. The manager was friendly and asked a few basic questions most other businesses would ask potential employers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer/co-worker?   Answer Question
    • What are your future intentions with the company?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about handling a decision made by the manager that you disagree with?   Answer Question

Logistics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I applied online, then got called in for a face-to-face interview. It wasn't anything terribly difficult, primarily just a discussion of my qualifications, needs, and expectations from the job. It was pretty clear that the store manager just wanted to get a read on what kind of person I was and if I would fit in. I must have passed his tests because I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If I was okay taking a low salary to begin with.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied on company website. Contacted by a recruiter several weeks later. Job I applied for was filled internally. Four months later the same recruiter contacted me again. Two phone interviews, followed by District manager interview, then a final phone interview with two other district
    Managers in lieu of the regional VP being available.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Las Cruces, NM).

Interview

It was good and professional, the assistant manager and manager were too. It was serious and also a bit fun, getting to know the store and what exactly ill be doing and about the assistant manager and manager

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation that involves an unhappy customer?   2 Answers

Seasonal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inverness, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Inverness, FL).

Interview

I applied for a seasonal sales position online and was contacted a couple of days later about an interview. The interview process itself was pretty painless; I researched the position on Glassdoor, and it went nearly the same for me as it had for others who applied for the same position. I thought the interview went well. It was explained to me that the seasonal position was actually a probationary period; if hired and if things went well, I would likely be asked if I was interested in long-term employment. Most of the questions pertained to the type of work conditions I felt comfortable with, and my feelings about taking a full-time position if it was offered after the season. I was not contacted about the job opening after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I felt about the work conditions in which I usually felt most comfortable   Answer Question

Retail Senior Sales Consultant Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porterville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Porterville, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by an Assistant Manager first.I was asked a series of questions fairly standard to any retail sales position. Nothing out of the ordinary. They even used the age old "Sell me this pen" question. All in all a very easy interview. Afterwards, just a very brief discussion with the Store Manager, then a job offer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had to interview with the store manager, then a different store manager then the district manager before you can get offered a spot in the company. The interview questions are easy and not to stressful.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Stock Questions, but the AM was flexible and went off list. There was only 6 questions on the list and one he added. It was relaxed and I got the impression if you had minor experience and could hold a conversation you would be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you were a pizza what kind would you be.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online which took only a few minutes (less than 10) plus screening questions. I was contacted by the store manager a few days after I submitted an application and an interview was scheduled. I came into the store about 15 minutes before my interview time. The interview lasted about 40-45 minutes. He told me he was going to recommend me for a second interview with the district manager and that was conducted 30 minutes because the district manager was coming into the store anyway. After about a week I was offered the position and happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay Question: Sell me a laptop   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview was easy. the manager asked sales related questions. he will give the basics on how the store works. you will everything in the training videos and exercises. Almost everything will be straightforward.This is a great if don't have a lot bills, because you only get pay $8.80

Interview Questions

• what does it take to create an exceptional customer experience?   1 Answer