Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Standard online application, I called a few days after to follow up with a manager. The interview was very straight forward with general questions. I was offered the job after speaking with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What would you do in (insert situation here)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garner, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Garner, NC).

Interview

I applied to Outback for the Host position. The process took around 2 days. The interview was fairly simple. The manager asked the typical hiring questions. The interview was short and took around 15 minutes. The employees were friendly and even wished me luck. However, I did not get the job, presumably because they found someone with work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

Three interviews all very informative. The group interview was more about information for safety and sanitation . They're just looking for dedicated flexible people with people skills who can stand for long periods of time

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I contacted the owner over the phone asking to apply and to schedule an interview. I had met the manager before and I was friendly with a few of the servers years before I started. During the interview we went over why I wanted the position, my previous experience with customer service. Discussed the position, hours, scheduling, and what the outback family is like. We discussed the type of worker I am and how I will be working with outback.

Server Interview

Interview

It was basic. Go in speak with a manager express interest in working there. Thy will ask for previous experience and if you are qualified will be given the job. Before you can start you have to complete a test on the menu items. Again, not very difficult.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Bad. Did not get a good feeling about the company at all. Too much turnover. Do not seem like good people, like they were hiding something. Went like a normal interview, normal questions, except something seemed very very off.

Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later asking me to come in and interview. The interview was very casual and I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Mount Pleasant, SC).

Interview

Was told about the job and then told I was already hired. Took maybe 15 minutes. We honestly did not go over any questions at all. It was extremely easy over all.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

I was contacted about an interview about a week after I applied. The hiring manager asked primarily guest service questions. He was nice, but really chatty. He asked if I was interested in being a server. I told him no, only the hostess position. He said he would contact me if they chose me for the position.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get a call back because I didn't want to be a server. If they only needed servers, they shouldn't have put out a job ad for a hostess.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Typically, you'll have one interview with one of the managers and if they like you you'll be given a 2nd interview with the proprietor of the store. If you pass that, you'll start training. Training is tedious which includes a lot of online training and floor training. It can take up to a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to handle a stressful situation and what you did in the situation?   Answer Question