Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Outback Steakhouse Interview Questions

Interviews at Outback Steakhouse

2.1

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

It was very welcoming and friendly. After being hired, they put you through a training process that helped prepare you for the menu and the fast-paced environment. There wasn't any type of intimidation factor, and they offered a lunch if you wanted it.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Wichita, KS) in March 2020.

Interview

It was really quite short but they had no information to give me. They just put me on the schedule right away but gave no clues to benefits and pay.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Lake Worth, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

Went to an interview and was hired on the spot. Make sure you smile and bring a resume and answer the questions honestly. They want people who are going to be welcoming and inviting and quick on their feet. BRING A RESUME AND SMILE

Interview Questions

• How long do think you’ll be working here   1 Answer
    • What is your availability   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

Basic interview reviewing personality and communication. Previous employment history will be discussed as well as responsibilities with each position. Dress appropriately for the interview but be prepared to interview in a busy environment since it will be conducted in the dining area

Server Interview

Interview

every easy took about one day roughly. They just make sure you are qualified for the job and will be successful for it. Be diligent and you'll get the job

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Stockbridge, GA) in November 2019.

Interview

Super easy. Just talked to two managers about availability and experience. No real interview questions. Worst part was waiting for the managers to be free to talk. Also was a 4 week wait time to start. They do onboarding class once a month.

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Largo, MD) in November 2019.

Interview

I’m not sure if they really needed people, or if your application online did all the talking, but I got hired with 2 questions asked both interviews. Took 2 mins each, and was hired on the second interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse (Fort Smith, AR) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, was reccomend by a friend. Two interviews, basic questions about experience and expectations, interests, education, promotion interests. Orientation is 2+ hours long because they take you through the whole history of the company, and coach on all their core values and philosophys.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to work here?   Answer Question
    • Do you plan to try to train for other positions later, such as serving, back of house. or management?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses? How does this affect a customer service setting?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Outback Steakhouse.

Interview

The interview was not really an interview. Definitely feel like Outback could’ve been more professional. They did not ask me a lot of questions. Fairly easy to get the job.

Host Interview

Interview

Walked in and asked if they were hiring. Submitted an application and heard back a few days later. Came in for a short interview and was notified a few days later that I got the job.