PayPal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I got an email for a recruiter asking to interview. In later correspondences, the recruiter was extremely rude. I did not respond because I don't want to work at a company with such disrespectful people at the start.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied and recruiter contacted and went on about how good my resume was and how I'd be perfect for role. Connected to senior manager for phone interview and then a Lower colleague. First senior manager had positive feedback and wanted to move forward, the next junior colleague wasn't prepared with questions and was awkward to talk to. Didn't know what she was asking. Recruiter never got back to me on if I was going forth or not until a week later of sending multiple emails. I didn't want to work here after seeing the process and clueless people working there. Ended up taking a director position elsewhere.

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Phone call interview: some behavioral questions and some brain teasers. Also I got asked about some risk management questions regarding the seller position.
    Let me walk through the resume. The interviewee got some urgent stuff during interview and called back in 5 mins

Interview Questions

• How many televisions were being sold last year in U.S?
      Suppose that you have a triangle with 3 ants on different vertices (corners) of the triangle. What is the probability that either 2 of the ants or all of the ants collide if all 3 ants start walking on the sides of the triangle?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

What can be asked in Software Engineer iOS role in onsite interview. I have done with 2 tech rounds. Tech rounds generally consist of iOS concept and 1 coding exercise in first round and having an onsite @ San Jose, CA

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Had a quick phone screen and then went on the site for an in-person interview. A fairly straight forward process, but overall did not enjoy the recruiting coordinators who set it up or the on-site as they were very un responsive and did a bad job of organizing the whole process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal in August 2017.

Interview

Went through a phone interview, had an in person interview 3 days later. Received a call the next day asking for permission to do a background check. 2 days later I was called back and offered the position.

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Hunt Valley, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I went in a group with 5 other people. We had a group activity where we had to work together to complete an assignment. Then we had 3 individual interviews with members of management where you go in detail about your resume and experience.

Compliance Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

Very strange interview experience. It repeatedly felt like the hiring manager was trying to talk me out of the position. She also scheduled my initial phone screen without telling me. My prospective boss wound up calling me while I was walking through the train station on my way home.

In person interviews were OK. I received a much different description of the goals for the role from the people I interviewed with at the remote office than what I was told by the prospective boss (though it is very common for there to be a vast disconnect on the role of an ethics professional). Otherwise, I felt the in person interviews went well.

I did not get a call or email about the outcome; I had to email the hiring manager to follow up. I didn't get the position, and when I asked about other openings, I received no reply. Not even a, 'we'll keep your resume on file.' I felt like I'd been ghosted.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager called to ask me about salary expectations and moving. this was where I felt she was trying to talk me out of the role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Really weird interview process.

I was contacted by their recruiter on Indeed for a Sr. Software Engg position even though I've <2 years of industry experience. When the interview started, the interviewer didn't even know the position that he was interviewing me for. He felt I didn't have sufficient industry experience to be considered for a Sr. Engg role, I guess had he looked at my profile earlier he could have save himself and me both those 45 minutes!

The interviewer used up the entire 45-50 minute time to ask about every possible Java concept theoretically. IMO doing a coding test/challenge helps one understand so much better about the thinking process of a person rather than grilling them about the things that one can easily look up and read, if they don't already know. They sent me a reject even though all my answers were spot on. I think they themselves were confused about what they were looking for in the candidate.

My Personal advise: Don't waste your time here.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts:
      - Abstract vs final
      - overloading vs overriding
      - multithreading
      - why java doesn't support multiple inheritance, etc   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Worst hiring process ever. The manager has some pretty good credentials as far as academics go. She was rude from the very first word uttered. Asked me a case study which I answered fairly well. I may have made some errors, but largely everything was on par. Received absolutely no feedback on the interview. Not even a generic decline. This part irked me the most. If a candidate is spending time to prepare for the interview and answer your hypothetical questions, the least you can tell him/her is that he is not going further. The recruiter handling my case set up my interview and disappeared for a 10 week sabbatical leaving me with no contact details for the temporary recruiter. Worst process ever.

Interview Questions

• Case study question: Group A and Group B are sent emails as part of an email campaign for a new product. Group A is test and B is control. Find the conversion rate in each of the groups. Now, after you establish that conversion rate what are your next steps?   1 Answer