PayPal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

I interviewed at PayPal credit in Timonium, MD. It started with a tour of the newly renovated office, which was very nice. Then we went into a small conference room with 4 other people. They asked me about my resume, then asked me to do coding questions on MacBook connected to a TV. I thought I did pretty well, but I did not hear back.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of start and end times, determine if any overlap.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I received an email asking when I can be interviewed over the phone and was given technical questions on the very first call. On this call the interviewer was not friendly and did not let me know if my answers were heading in the correct direction. She was unhelpful and never gave any positive feedback whatsoever even though I now know some of my answers were correct.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a program that only returns integers in the array that can add up to a particular number?   Answer Question
    • What could be wrong with implementing a stack with an arrayList?   1 Answer

Collector Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

You get a phone interview first which they ask you the basic questions: like what you past employer was like, how your skills transfer to working in collections mostly customer service type questions. Then you do an in-person interview and you do a side by side where you sit with another collector. AFTER you do the side by side then you'll go and have an interview with a manager. AFTER the hiring manager if you get the job they will have you go and sit in the room with HR. HR they'll go over the next step in the process and that meaning that you will have to get a credit check and then they'll tell you you should pass as long as you don't have too many like really bad things and your credit history like bankruptcy. You'll get the job that takes about a 2 or 3 days for it to come back. Then you have to go get a drug screen. Aftee then you will get a call you to fill out your paperwork that they send you via email and everything took about a week and a half two weeks and then you'll get your start date.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PayPal (Omaha, NE).

Interview

two panel interview. One would ask questions while the other reviewed my portfolio. They they would swap. The interview lasted about an hour or so. The process was very comfortable and went by nicely.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First round is phone interview, in which one team member asked a few basic Javascript questions. A few days later, HR connected me and scheduled an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of five individual interviews, most focusing on technical questions

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 45 min phone interview. First he asked me basic things about my background. It took 10-15 min. And then he asked two coding questions. After solving coding questions, he asked me complexities of both questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to bit manipulation and hashmap. Can not disclose the exact questions.   Answer Question

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (Chandler, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, took about 15 min to complete. A hiring agent will first contact you via email and set up a time for you to do a phone interview. Once they ask their questions they send your answers to their hiring managers who will then decide to follow up and schedule you for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What is some of your previous work history that will help make you successful in this role?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

recruiter contacted me on linked in. the process took 3 weeks. In consistent with the other reviews here i found the interviewers too arrogant and horrible. All of the interviewers were Indians and all of them had a horrible attitude.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First round is phone interview, in which one team member asked a few basic Java questions and a couple of questions related to array. I Dint got call for the second round.

Interview Questions

• Few basic questions about java.
      Find Smallest integer in circular array.
      Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Solutions Teammate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

I received and email from a recruiter telling me they are hiring bilingual customer solutions teammates. I sent him my resume and was scheduled for a phone interview. The day and time the interview was going to take place the recruiter never called. I emailed them back and they told me they are going to look into why i didn't receive a call that day and that they would reschedule my interview. fast forward couple off days and i haven't received any updates on the situation. Very unprofessional company, i'm not sure if it was just that specific recruiter or the company as a whole.