PayPal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,070 Interview Reviews

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal in January 2019.

Interview

2 phone screens. One easy LC question (reverse the string type), and 1 Medium Leetcode question. The interviewer were very nice and friendly. I thought I botch up the interview because it took me 1 hour to solve it, and way past their allotted time, but they seem happy that I try my best to solve it and eventually found the solution (it was a bug that I didn't anticipate, though my code logic was correct). The offer was quick. They let me know immediately after a few hours after the interview that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a string? How do you generate permutations of an array?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Standard product manager interview where I met with the hiring manager, engineering team, and director (all 1-1s). They asked questions to understand my experience, product, and a high level technical knowledge to check compatibility with engineering team. Please note that this was a contract position.

Interview Questions

• A time when you used negotiation skills?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was in the store it was quick and the manager was very nice. Although it was my first sales position. I felt that the company was willing to take a chance and invest in me.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

A phone interview, a 45 min technical interview and a 2 hour technical interview with a few Software Engineers. From applying to the last interview was about a 2 month process.

Software Engineer - Java Backend Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

First round is Hackerrank with two questions. One is based on Hashmap and the other one is binary search. The questions are quite confusing and I am unable to complete both at the given time. Recieved the rejection shortly afterwards.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was great. Talked about my experience and seems like the manager just wanted to see what was my background. After that phone screen I got a call back they wanted to offer me a software engineer position. Not technical questions, it was more focused on my background and the technologies I have used.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. I took an assessment that I was given 24 hours to complete, then told I would have 1 interview. I ended up having 3 interviews, each taking around 45 minutes. The interviews were okay, all were technical and get to know me. 2 of the interviewers didn't seem to care and were grumpy. Asked a lot of whiteboard questions.

Interview Questions

• What I know about React, Node, experiences, challenges I've had, how to shift an array or find the needle in a haystack. Questions you can do on leetcode.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

First round with a Lead data scientist. Went Well.
    Second round with some Asian Dude who is 'Data Scientist' but was actually a risk analyst. Weird!
    Half-minded questions w/o giving any context - which is usually the their way. Fancy ML words w/o any idea about the details.

Interview Questions

• Feels like all DS teams are completely ruled by asian mafia at PP. Interviews sometimes are mere formality. Careful all folks who want to apply here :/
      For a company, management should take some action. This shameful for the Valley standards.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayPal.

Interview

After the recruiter chat, was connected with the team with relevant reqs. The interview was relatively simple - after covering a few general concepts in Java the main question for the interview was regarding system design.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

Spoke with the hiring manager, that went well apparently. Typical discussion around what you've worked on etc.

Then moved on to a virtual technical interview.. Select a DOM element, add classes and remove classes for that DOM element. Create functions to do this and then consolidate and build an object to handle the implementation. Odd test, but whatever.. then radio silence.

I have no problem with interviewing, but if I'm spending my time to go through the interview process at a minimum I expect a response back with yes or no. I shouldn't have to chase the recruiter to find the answer.

Interview Questions

• Create a jQuery implementation of adding and removing classes to a DOM element.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PayPal in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online and got request to record video of me answering 4 assigned questions. Silence for over a month and then got scheduled for another round with the hiring manager.
    One thing I can never forget about the interview was that the hiring manager talked to me on a video call while driving and GPS was playing in the background. It was extremely distracting and I obviously wasn't getting the attention I very well deserved. Eventually it seems he did park his car and spoke to me describing the expectations from the job role. Needless to say I was indeed very excited about the role but disappointed by the experience, I wish the hiring manager had asked for an interview reschedule for a better time.
    Its been more than a month already and no further word in spite of follow ups. Would have been nice if I received a feedback either ways.

Interview Questions

• Why are we talking? Questions around Problem solving. Payments experience   Answer Question