PayPal Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PayPal Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at PayPal

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA).

Interview

A phone call from the recruiter followed by the hiring manger. They called me on site and I had a discussion with Manager again and then an hour technical interview. Coding question on write a Java code if a tree is sum tree.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PayPal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayPal (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was about discussion type.Very friendly and understandable.applied on line.It was a phone interview.Asked me to code in JAVA.They explained me about the problem.Hiring process is difficult.It improved my confidence level.

Interview Questions

• Write a code for a real world problem?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PayPal (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

Interview process started with hiring from online coding round on Hackerearth platform, followed by 1 day onsite involving 5 rounds (1 coding, 3 design, architechture and technical rounds, 1 Hiring Manager) followed by HR round.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of islands in a 2D matrix of 1s and 0s, where 1 represents land and 0 represents water.   2 Answers
    • Design a communication/messaging platform (say Whatsapp for example). Explain the architecture and scenarios.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PayPal (Chennai (India)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter asking to share resume. Then a recruiter called and gave an intro of what they were looking for and invite for interview was sent out through mail.

1st round consisted of a few mcqs , 1 subjective question and 1 programming question.

2nd and 3rd rounds were F2F rounds. The questions were asked from our interests. They mainly test you on oops, algorithms and the ability to breakdown and solve a problem.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you can improve the deployed servers to handle a sudden spike in request   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

Interview

Interview was very unprofessional. I had answered all of the questions but he just gave me a blunder reason that You are not in good shape for paypal.
    Moreover the interviewer was boasting about PayPal which was not really required and also was degrading my previous company which is really not part this interview.
    I had considered paypal as my dream job, but due to this individual my perception about paypal has now taken a U turn which even took me to the level of stopping all paypal services which I was using.