Pocket Gems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pocket Gems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

General fit call with hiring manager (go into detail about the projects you've worked on, etc.), followed by a "homework" exercise, followed by another phone interview about the project. Didn't get an on-site, though was never told this.

The project was interesting, but the interview process as a whole seemed pretty disorganized and inefficient. Unprofessional that they never got back to me (not even an automated rejection) after I'd spent ~4 weeks in process.

Interview Questions

• Build a game user LTV model given a slice of user in-app purchase data.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

I applied with friend's referral and I just received coding challenge. But now I am preparing so I have not started yet. I will update along with the interview process.

Ad Tech Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview with another PM. Being their first job, it seemed there was no interest about my career (mid-senior level) or in conversing about growth opportunities. They wanted to hear about passion for the game this position monetized (game for teenage girls). My own fault for not being able to navigate through it, but it was an odd fit for an interview.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the office manager on his last day. Then the hiring manager emailed me with a take home assignment which I completed and sent back within the allotted time. I never heard back. Not even a "got it, thanks!" Left an impression that they're disrespectful and rude to their candidates.

Interview Questions

• Take home assignment about keeping conference rooms clean.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems.

Interview

I applied online and received the online challenge. I have not started them yet, but will do so in the next week. work in progress. I will update once I complete the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in July 2017.

Interview

DO NOT INTERVIEW HERE! First of all, I've been interviewing with a couple of companies lately, ranging from medium-sized startups and large companies. And I have to say this is so far the worst experience. During the first round of phone screen, the signal was so bad. And even worse, my interviewer was as quiet as a sheep. Even after I tried really hard by asking multiple times "Does that make sense to you?" to break the silence - still no response from the other end. I think the interviewer doesn't know how to speak English well enough to explain the question, never received any sort of training to become a proper interviewer and doesn't give a damn in assisting you in solving the question.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

- Initial phone screening was brief and pleasant. Explained the process and went over the Design Test.
    - Design Test was a pretty fun but took about a day to complete (around 7 hours). 1/2 written 1/2 design challenge
    - Passed the Design Test and was scheduled to have a phone call with a senior member of the art team. He was very distracted, disinterested, and only asked very basic questions and wasn't engaged at all. Call was only about 15 minutes and didn't even bring up the Design Test or ask any relevant questions about my experience and how it relates the job.
    - Got a very brief and robotic email stating they were moving on with other candidates.

My interview experience closely matches another review below for the same role. This seems to be a reoccurring problem with them. Why waste my time with a lengthy Design Test if the second phone interviewer had no interest in getting to know me further and take the time to understand my qualifications?

Very disappointed at their lack of professionalism and I don't recommend interviewing at this studio.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pocket Gems (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call, followed by an onsite interview with the analytics manager. Then a homework assignment: design an experiment to test the results of a sales offer. Included SQL queries and data analysis questions (create a model etc).
    Interviewer was friendly, office has a lot of character.

Interview Questions

• What variables would you use to investigate the effect of a sales offer on revenue?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a coding test the same day. They are very prompt with reviewing and replying. I gave this test back to back with another coding test, which was a huge mistake and caused me to not be able to pass all the test cases for this test.

Interview Questions

• Given an adjacency matrix, find the minimum number of cluster of nodes you can form.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pocket Gems in June 2017.

Interview

Doing a coding challenge at the beginning of the interview. Barely asking questions about resume. The phone signal is really bad, I can hardly hear the interviewer's questions. I recieved a reject on the next week.