Red Robin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Very professional phone interview with relevant, pertinent questions. Face to face interview with the ROD. "Day in the life" which allows you to see if you're a good fit for the team and they're a good fit for you along with a final interview with the home store General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard operating procedure questions pertaining to restaurant management. This was followed by personal accomplishments, vision for the future, conflict resolution issues and core values.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary as the offer was above and beyond what was originally discussed.

Red Robin Response

Feb 23, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience! Welcome to the team!

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Robin (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Starts online with standard personality questions, then phone interview, then interview with area director. Very easy process if you know how to interview.
    Just talk about past success and the benefits of being calm, understanding, and training.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with resistance   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call two weeks later. The interview lasted about 15 minutes. Asked about previous work experience. Talked about myself, so I could show my personality. Talked about why I wanted to be a server. Talked about different situations and then how would I handle the situation under pressure.

Interview Questions

• What jobs have you held in the past?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

It was nice quick and brief, the manager was nice. It was not much of an interview as they asked questions about my availability. They also checked to see if I had any experience however the training was very long and kind of hard. I was a first time server but the training helped.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Allentown, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process took three steps. It was with the different managers of the restaurant. It took approximately 2 hours. The best part of the interview is that you get a free burger to eat when you get the job!

Interview Questions

• Sell an upcharge to a menu item.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Two part interview, ask what your strengths and weaknesses are. Will most likely offer you a lower position with a lower wage than originally anticipated. Have you fill out a small questionnaire. Second interview is typically the hiring interview, where you'll meet the General manager and they'll have you sign off on employment

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment are you seeking?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no opportunity for negotiations

Sever Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin in June 2015.

Interview

Called to check on paper application and was called back and given interview next day. Waited about 10 minutes to be interviewed. Sat with two managers and asked a series of questions. Then they went over training and how many shifts are expected and dress code

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?
      Name a time you got in a conflict with a coworker, how was it handled?
      What's a bad day like for you?
      Can you work under pressure and handle multiple things at once?
      Name a weakness and strength   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Robin (Glen Mills, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very brief and easy to learn; just watch out for the drama! There are opportunities to grow but does not make significant change unless you apply and go for corporate position. If you're going that route; skip the floor work all together 😂

Interview Questions

• Standard how do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy, I came in during a slow hours and was hired on the spot. They asked more questions about me and why I wanted to work at red robins and my experience. I had NO experience.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin in August 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews for server position, which seems to have been a miscommunication between restaurant manager and general manager. I came in, sat down, and waited for the manager to come out and talk to me.

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Beavercreek, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Standard. Met with a manager, who asked basic questions and very friendly. The process was rather quick and was offered the job on the spot. It was a process that made me feel very confident.