Red Robin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Very professional phone interview with relevant, pertinent questions. Face to face interview with the ROD. "Day in the life" which allows you to see if you're a good fit for the team and they're a good fit for you along with a final interview with the home store General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard operating procedure questions pertaining to restaurant management. This was followed by personal accomplishments, vision for the future, conflict resolution issues and core values.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary as the offer was above and beyond what was originally discussed.

Red Robin Response

Feb 23, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience! Welcome to the team!

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin (Hamilton, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

I simply went online and found Red Robin was looking for servers. I was coming home from college and thought this would be a good place to apply considering I have precious serving experience. Within hours I got an email that the GM wanted to set up an interview with me. I wasn’t coming home from school for 3 weeks but once I came home I had an interview that week. He didn’t ask any specific questions. He focused on the days I can work and guidelines. Hired on the spot. The GM seems very friendly and in excited to start training soon!

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Robin (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, then received a phone call from the AGM within 3 days, went into a in person interview and got hired on the spot. I really liked the AGM and the interview was casual and friendly. Started orientation the same day and will start my first shift later on in the week. The process took about 1 week total and the staff and environment seem very nice. I already felt really comfortable and welcomed being there during the interview.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Plainfield, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

The kitchen manager was very professional yet laid back. Made me feel comfortable as if I was already part of the team. Had a second interview with the front of the house manager because the general manager had to handle business for the restaurant so it was one on one and she gave me a tour of the back of the house to let me know what I'm getting into which I feel was GREAT. Set up a 3rd interview which I'll be attending today hopefully I'll have great news and say I'm part of the team.

Interview Questions

• What are two of my strong suits that I can bring to this team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Janesville, WI) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call 2 weeks later. First they brought me in, had me sit at a table by myself for about 10 minutes, and then the host manager and the restaurant manager sat down in the booth with me. They looked over my resume from the online application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that is not on this paper   1 Answer
    • Any questions for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Robin (Mesa, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

One interview went well 2nd was hit or miss because I was supposed to meet with the GM but he wasn't there and I met with a kitchen manager..I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions

Red Robin Response

Mar 9, 2018 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we'll be happy to follow up with the management team there about the next steps in your interview process.

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a position in a new location. They called multiple times, always at night, which made it confusing for me as to when I should call back.

When I finally set up an interview, I walked into the yet-to-open location. One of the managers brought out a book and asked questions based on the book. It lasted about 15 minutes. She told me to wait for the GM, who was speaking with another candidate.

The GM came over after 15 minutes and asked me the exact same questions as the lower-level manager. I answered the questions and when it came time for my questions, I asked a few. To every response, he had a long, drawn out answer, pontificating about his management and success. He spoke for a solid 45 minutes. About halfway through one of his tirades, I realized that I didn't want this position, but didn't know how to excuse myself from him as he kept speaking.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Louisville, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process went pretty smoothly. It took them 2 weeks to call once I’d applied, went in and sat down 1:1 with a manager, and then the general manager. Was offered a job on the spot. When I went in for orientation though, the gm wasn’t there so I had to reschedule. Overall a pretty good experience.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

The interview process at this location was brief (barely an interview). Quick and easy. Only a couple of questions were asked and the job was basically given on the spot. This is a revolving door atmosphere and when they are desperate to hire they do not spend much time or thought on who they bring into the company. This usually leads to less than satisfactory results so a better screening process would be preferred. For those looking to get a job asap, with little hassle, this may work for you. However, the imbalance of work ethic due to the way they choose to interview and lack of care for the employees they hire is frustrating.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin (Amarillo, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

HR was very prompt in setting up a phone interview with me. She called at the scheduled time and we used the entire 45 minutes she had told me about in advance

Interview Questions

• What was my experience level in managing kitchen employees and if I was bilingual.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Robin (Fairfax, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Sat down and spoke with 3 managers about pay and ability to withstand long walking and possibly doubles. Which is 10am to 11pm everything is done on an iPad and then orientation which is a couple videos

Interview Questions

• Basic resturant scenarios and team member ability questions   1 Answer