Red Robin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

1. Featured Interview

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Red Robin (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Very professional phone interview with relevant, pertinent questions. Face to face interview with the ROD. "Day in the life" which allows you to see if you're a good fit for the team and they're a good fit for you along with a final interview with the home store General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Standard operating procedure questions pertaining to restaurant management. This was followed by personal accomplishments, vision for the future, conflict resolution issues and core values.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary as the offer was above and beyond what was originally discussed.

Feb 23, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

We are so happy to hear that you had such a great experience! Welcome to the team!

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

The interview process at this location was brief (barely an interview). Quick and easy. Only a couple of questions were asked and the job was basically given on the spot. This is a revolving door atmosphere and when they are desperate to hire they do not spend much time or thought on who they bring into the company. This usually leads to less than satisfactory results so a better screening process would be preferred. For those looking to get a job asap, with little hassle, this may work for you. However, the imbalance of work ethic due to the way they choose to interview and lack of care for the employees they hire is frustrating.

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin (Amarillo, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

HR was very prompt in setting up a phone interview with me. She called at the scheduled time and we used the entire 45 minutes she had told me about in advance

Interview Questions

• What was my experience level in managing kitchen employees and if I was bilingual.   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Robin.

Interview

I applied online, then went into the restaurant the next day. spoke with GM and was told that since I didn't get the assessment test then they can't find me in the computer and there was nothing they can do. He then told me to hold on and he would get the hiring manager, he came out and told me to apply again with a different email and the test would come through. Well here I am 4 different email addresses late and on 2 different computers and still no assessment test. I called this morning and was told there is nothing they can do.

Interview Questions

Red Robin Response

Aug 29, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Please let us know which location you were trying to apply for so we can straighten this out, you can send us a private message on Facebook at... More

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherwood, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin (Sherwood, OR).

Interview

I applied online. I went into the store to give the Managers a resume. They sent it back and told me simply to apply online. Managers sat down with me and chatted. Standard interview questions were asked. Interview was easy. Management was friendly. Looking at other people who were interviewed I realize now I tried much harder than other people who were hired. Many people came to interview in jeans and t shirt and were hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a situation where you were triple sat?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Robin (Manchester, NH) in August 2017.

Interview

Went in and asked if they were hiring they told me to apply online and I would her back within 2-3 days. I didn't hear anything so I went back and got a formal interview the next day. It went well but then was told I should also meet with the front of house manager the next day. I went in and was sat and told a manager would be right out. I sat there and waited for an hour. The manager never met with me nor did another server check in to see what I was waiting for or anything. It was ridiculous to have something scheduled at a certain time (so they should be prepared) and then sit there for an hour and still nothing.

Interview Questions

• describe the kind of interaction you had with customers at your previous job   Answer Question

Aug 16, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience during the interview process. Thank you for providing us this feedback, we will be happy to look into these concerns.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Red Robin (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

The interview process was so laid back and easy. It made you feel comfortable and relaxed. At times it did seem a little rushed though as if they had more pressing issues. If you are going to schedule an interview make sure you leave yourself with enough time to actually talk with the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change jobs   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy, I came in during a slow hours and was hired on the spot. They asked more questions about me and why I wanted to work at red robins and my experience. I had NO experience.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin (Tukwila, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application online and received a prompt phone call for an interview. I met with two managers and interviewed with both of them separately. Hired immediately.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Robin (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process was pretty normal didn't take long was given a tour as part of the process discuss the focus of the company the culture and the vision of the brand also talked about the role of the general manager

Line Cook/Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Factoria, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Robin (Factoria, WA).

Interview

Walked in and asked if they were hiring, they were not busy and the GM was available so he said he could give me an interview onsite then apply online if I was interested following the interview. He asked after the interview if I was interested in working at their facility, and that they could always use extra help in the kitchen and that all I needed to do was submit my application online and they would get back to me after it was completed and reviewed. I started working that weekend.

Interview Questions

• What are your previous work experiences? And what were your duties while employed?   1 Answer
    • Any experience with food preparation, or cooking?   1 Answer