Rite Aid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Orange, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn and forwarded it to the hiring manager. The process was brief and to the point. Manager was friendly and explained the position. They wanted retail remodel experience and in depth construction knowledge. Knowledge of retail, merchandising, and arch was key. Coordination with operations and sales is highly sought after.

Interview Questions

• Past experience. Likes and dislike. Challenging job experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter called with the salary package. They offer markets rates and company car and I accepted.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Birmingham, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

I went into rite aid and filled out the application there and was given a slip on how to take an online survey. Super simple, basically asking about drugs and focused on if you would steal or not. The very next day I got a call back and was told to come in for an interview the next day. I wasn't asked any interview questions but was just told what she expected of cashiers and if I agreed to those terms. I did, and was offered the job paying 9$ an hour. I am super pleased with the hiring process as it was very simple and to the point.

Interview Questions

• If I had a flexible schedule   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Springfield, OR) in April 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was started at a career fair. The HR manager got into contact with me afterwards to set up an interview time. This HR manager was very professional and asked a lot of questions about service related things that I had done in the past. They also asked about career ambitions and went over the career paths that they had. I then met with the store manager of the store they wanted to hire me on at and had another interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Give me two examples of times that you had a conflicting view with someone above you and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not really any room for negotiation. It was basically, "this is what we start at and you can take it or leave it"

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Rite Aid (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

Manager was thorough in asking about my career objectives and why I wanted to work for the company. Honest about the demands of the position, need to be willing to work a varying schedule, and the importance of being reliable.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions. The hardest part was knowing how much I could ask for in salary since store budget is based on sales, which would be difficult for an outsider to determine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Conditional job offer> Drug Test> Background Test> Intake processing. I didn't really negotiate much because the offer was about what I was asking for at the time.

Interview

There were a lot of questions that wanted you to share times where you had to handle poor performers, drive sales, and implement change.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any unexpected questions, they were pretty standard among retail management questions. Just know examples of when you succeeded in different formats and when you had to have difficult conversations with a team member.   Answer Question

Interview

Went through interview with Store Manager, 2nd interview with District Manager, was offered job next day.

Anonymous Employee in Walla Walla, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Walla Walla, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

First hired on as Shift Supervisor. Completed application and online personality assessment first, then interviewed with Store Manager. Received a conditional offer based on background and drug screening results. Three weeks from beginning to end. For Assistant Manager position (applied internally as this was a promotion), I had three phone interviews with the store manager and then had to drive four hours to meet with the district manager in person. After a two-hour interview, I was given a conditional offer pending drug screening. Rite Aid requires drug screenings on any promotions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever thought about committing a felony?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go high, expect low no matter how much experience you have.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Two interviews. One with Human Resource Mgr and a fit interview with DM two weeks later. They mostly asked about my work experience. Rather than hypothetical customer service questions, it was more about a personality fit. And it works both ways. I liked them as well.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my work experience and how to train and develop associates.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

I saw an ad on the internet that Rite Aid was hiring for Assistant Store Managers so I went into a location close to my home and filled out an application. The Store Manager looked over my application and set up a time for me to Interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous retail experience and what qualified me for the role as ASM.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Was recruited at a job fair, two in person interviews with basically all situational and behavioral questions. Had a dinner interview as well. At the end of the interview they always asked what your strengths and weaknesses are. Tip, come up really good question. For example, how has the company dealt with decrease in sales, how will it compensate, how is it compensating vs. the growth of it's competitors.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you excelled at customer service?   Answer Question