Samsung Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

I had a phone screen with their external recruiting company, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and an on-site interview with two panels. The first panel interview went well, but the tone of the interview changed with the second panel. Half of the interviewers seemed very disinterested in the interview from the moment they came into the room. They were also unprepared and did not know who should lead the interview. Business matters were also discussed during the interview. It was so awkward and uncomfortable that not even halfway into the interview I decided I was no longer interested in the position as these would be the people I would have had to work with.

Sr Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted resume online, took 4 weeks to get an email by HR, HR screening interview, 1st interview by phone, 2nd interview by phone, 3rd interview onsite, HR compensation, background check,

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

screen review with front-end html jquery question and back-end javascript question. Then comes to a on-site interview for over 5 hrs with 5 different people and 5 fields of questions

Software Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Fife, WA).

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. I had a referral so it was a little quicker. Overall good environment to work with good benefits. Workload may be overwhelming sometimes. Very fast pace working schedule with lots of change.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to compromise a deadline.   2 Answers
    • Do you prefer to work individually or with a team   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

I got the mail from the Samsung Research from HR Team and scheduled an interview for the next week. There was no HR round but the technical interview to check some basic concepts of Computer Science. Interview Questions Topics: 2-3 - Android Questions, 1 - Database related, 2 - Web service and security, 1- Operating System. An interview was taken around 30 mins. It was basic questions related to the topics. I have mentioned few interview question below and I'm sure it will be helpful to you.
    I am waiting for the next round of the interview but I haven't got any response since last two weeks. I think the process is a bit slower as same as other big companies.

Interview Questions

• Web Development: Difference between RESTful & SOAP (include security point)?   Answer Question
    • Operating System: Interprocess Communication and its types.   Answer Question
    • Database: What is Foreign keys? they will ask related case scenarios   Answer Question
    • Android: Technical Problem and its solution(more technical side)   Answer Question

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from Texas for a channel lead role in the Ridgefield Park office in January. Did a phone interview with recruiter to get understanding of skillset, career goals, interests, questions. Followed-up by a phone interview with senior member of Sales & Marketing, that was experience-based questions to gauge the skillset and capabilities. Leader was very transparent on the challenges, decision making process, Korean influence, Samsung culture, and was confident we could move quickly. Over the next 4 months... yes - that is 4 months, I did series of phone interviews, an on-site interview with HR recruiter in Ridgefield Park, and a month later a day-long on-site interview with the channel team. All of the interviews went well, and was affirmed that the original recruiter from Texas would follow-up with next steps. I assumed there would be internal candidates as well as a few solid external candidates in competition - but the length of 4-5 months total was far too long. And to top it off - I still have yet to hear a response from the senior recruiter after several phone calls and emails. I can assume I am no longer in consideration, but after a 5 months interview process it should be professionally courteous to thank the candidate and follow through to completion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a product or brand you managed suffered a sever setback, and what did you do to turn things around for growth? What specific leadership decisions did you lead?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a decision where you were responsible for the outcome, but not necessarily empowered to make the final decision. How did you strategically influence leadership?   Answer Question

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

There will be a codility test followed by onsite interview. Interview will be for minimum 2 hours. There will be four rounds and all are technical. You must be good at solving algorithms and data structures. Also good at designing test cases and considering corner cases.

Interview Questions

• Implement Circular Queue. Few other questions related to automation testing and performance testing were asked.   Answer Question

GPU Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a mail from manager asking for availability for a phone screen. It was a 45 minute interview. After clearing the round, asked the availability for second phone screen. It was 30 minute interview stressing on state machines and verilog coding. Then I was invited for a onsite interview at San Jose office. It had 6 rounds of technical screening and 1 HR round. Due to lack of coordination between team members, after the first round, the interviewer was waiting for second team member to come and take the interview. Since no one showed up even after 10 minutes, she exchanged few mails between team members and finally manager has come after 15 minutes. After that the interview went smoothly with other team members. Was asked all basic questions on Verilog, System Verilog, C++ and Computer Architecture. I was able to answer all the questions except 2 or 3 questions in the whole interview. Even then I was rejected just due to the fact that I was unemployed for last 3 months. Whereas few of my friends who were not able to answer many questions are selected for the job. This is a very bad way of judging the candidates. Just because he/she was unemployed for last couple of months doesn't make him/her a bad candidate. Try to select a candidate based on the knowledge he/she has and not on the previous employment status.

Lead IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Good conversation with the recruiter, Moved to phone screen which was the typical code this in CoderPad. I exited it early because I couldn't remember how to write Fibonacci function. While not particularly hard, I could not remember it so no point in continuing. I have decided to stop interviewing at companies that do this kind of interview. The card question I think I got.

Project Manager - Digital Content Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in May 2017.

Interview

This is regarding a preliminary conversation I had with a recruiter, for a full-time employee position. Let me start off by saying this is the worst recruiter experience I've ever had in my 8 years in high tech. She called me 15 mins. late. Usually if someone is 5-7mins. late, that's understandable. Fifteen minutes late though is really unprofessional especially if you don't let the candidate know you're running late.

Starting the conversation, it was clear she hadn't taken time to really digest my resume as she was asking me very basic questions that could easily be answered if she had read my resume. I was surprised because she had my resume & Linkedin profile for a week prior to our conversation.

She continued telling me that she's personally very happy as a contractor and would never take a full time role. I'm not sure why she started talking about her professional preferences as I thought the goal of the conversation was to find out if I was the right fit for the position I had applied for?

Her tone started becoming combative when I started going into my professional experience and how it related to the job I was applying for, so much so that I felt the only thing I could do was end the conversation altogether.

Recruiters are very important voices for these companies; they should be professional and courteous. I've been fortunate enough that I haven't run into a recruiter who has behaved this way in the past, but it's really a shame because I was interested in this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• She asked why I was interested in a full-time role vs. a contractor role as I had been freelancing for the bulk of my career.   1 Answer