Samsung Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2018

2.9

Marketing Investment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greece, NY

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Greece, NY).

Interview

I applied online through a recruiting agency. About a week later they asked me to take some tests and an interview with the recruiter. Three weeks later I interviewed with the marketing managers. They seemed to really like me and the interview went on for about 2 hours. Having heard nothing back a month later I sent an email to the recruiter. She let me know that I was rejected and that she had already replied. Turns out the email was sent to the wrong address.

Machine Learning Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Scheduled an interview, person said he was only considering PhD candidates, but was forced by HR to talk to me. Seemed very uninterested in talking, kept interrupting, or repeating the same question.

Verification Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

1 round of telephone interview. First the manager asked some stuff on resume. Mostly projects and stuff. Also asked a couple of questions related to work I will be doing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked on basics of SV,UVM and computer architecture   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Brook, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Pine Brook, NJ).

Interview

Took a month and half to set up an interview with the company. First got contacted by the recruiter that they would like to set up a second interview with the manager. Second interview went well the manager was very helpful in describing the job and was very easy to talk to. After the phone call I was set up to meet with a 3 person panel. Unfortunately the day before I had the interview someone close to me had passed and I was still distraught and in mourning. It was a little to late to reschedule so I just went into the interview anyways the following day. The first guy that interviewed me kept it rather short to 3 questions and seemed like he was to busy to be conducting an interview. The next interviewer was extremely helpful and made it seemed like I was interesting candidate. Third interviewer was with the manager again, but face to face. The interview process was overall welcoming and pleasant I have no complaints. I wish I was more focused and on my game for this interview because my mind was a little cloudy at the time. The only thing that I did not like throughout the whole process is that when I had try to contact the recruiter on feedback after the interview, they refused to answer my email. So I can pretty much safely assume that I did not get the job after 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your organization skills?   1 Answer

Compiler Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

1. Telephonic round. 7 hour Onsite Interview. One team member mailed me through linkedin, and then I have the telephonic interview. After that I was called for onsite interview, where ther ewere 6 rounds including lunch.

Interview Questions

• 1)Compilers Theory 2)Reading and understanding Assembly Language 3)Delete a node in double linked list 4)Quick Sort   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Austin, TX).

Interview

One telephonic round followed by 6 onsite and a lunch interview. Onsite interviews were manageble as interviewers were friendly. They mostly test on the depth of topics listed in resume

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Group interview. Went over each of our resumes and asked questions one at a time. Told us to take out our phones and to sell it to them. Asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Favorite place to shop and why   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Friendly and open minded. Mostly to see if personality would be cohesive with team, they were casual and not super strict with their questions. We looked through projects briefly and talked about potential projects with them.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience working with (last employer)?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Newark, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Submit application by online, one week later phone screening by HR. HR team check if you are qualified with the position with several questions. Once you meet their qualification, you
     can be scheduled a Phone interview with a direct manager, next week in-person interview at the office , and then training period

Interview Questions

• What is your carrier goals?
      What is your strength and weekends?
      What is your achievement in your previous position?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in January 2018.

Interview

Contacted by HR for an on campus interview. The hiring manager was disrespectful. The rest of the panel were friendly. This hiring manager clearly had someone else in mind for the job. He unnecessarily prolonged the interview process by requesting a panel of the account team to review me. Both rounds of interviews took between 3 and 4 hours. While I was promised to get an answer within a week, no answer came until after 2 weeks and several follow ups. Both HR personnel and hiring manager had a very miserable attitude.