Samsung Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Samsung Electronics

1,082 Interview Reviews

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone interview + on site interview. interviewers are nice, but not very patient.
    overall, it is good experience. during interview, there will be three engineers, 1 manager and 1 director.

Interview Questions

• most what you did in your previous job interviewers are nice, but not very patient.
      overall, it is good experience.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

phone interview + on site interview
    coding interview during phone interview (use of a software to answer the coding question)
    data struct + algorithm + coding + general knowledge questions during on site interview
    Met with 5 people during on site interview

Modem Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

bad experience, interviewer is nitpicking about the work on your resume. He asked about all details about your works and as he did not have a background information he always claim that your are doing wrong or you cannot explain clearly.

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

The phone interview lasted for 45 mins. I was asked questions related to my project mentioned in my resume. I was later asked questions related to the basics of wireless communicatio.n.

Interview Questions

• Q1. y = hx + n is the system model. Describe ML and MMSE channel estimation to estimate x.
      Q2. What is the role of Cyclic prefix in OFDM?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in February 2020.

Interview

It was an okay interview. I had a technical problem and they wouldn’t let me redo it unfortunately but they give you many chances to record your answers which was pretty nice

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something you had never done before? How did you react? What did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you will be a good fit for Samsung?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Houston, TX).

Interview

I visited Samsung in career fair. The recruiter asked about my interest in research or industry. Then he said they will contact me for scheduling an interview. They contacted me for scheduling the interview and said that it will have a 10 minutes for my presentation followed by questions. I replied them back and determined specific date and time for interview. They asked more questions about precise date and time and I answered to them, but they did not contacted for interview. I replied a few times for scheduling another time, but they did not reply at all. It was weird.

Interview Questions

• Are you more interested in research or industry job?   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (San Jose, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Telephone call with hiring manager and then onsite. Impressive technical team. But HR/ Reimbursement sucks big time.
    Please don't go for onsite unless absolutely necessary. Submitted receipts within 3-4 days and no one replied for 2 months. After 2 months, they kept fighting for few dollars on receipts. I am glad i didn't go to samsung. Horrible HR. Avoid at all cost.

Director Corporate Mobile Business Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Plano, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

Given my lengthy industry experience in the Telecom sector, I was sent a notification for this opportunity. After reading the job description, I had applied online.

A few days later, I had received an e-mail from the recruiter handling this requisition. We had scheduled to speak over the telephone a few days later.

Our conversation was lively and very informative. There are a lot of exchange of ideas and the discussion was interesting. Towards the end, the recruit indicated that she would be recommending that I speak to the Hiring Manager (a VP). She also gave me an insight into the timeline for hire.

But for unfortunately, after numerous follow-ups, I did not hear back anything. The recruiter went on to say that she had contacted the Hiring Manager - but he did not respond. This was somewhat odd and peculiar for a corporate environment. I appreciate if people are travelling on business or tied up with other important obligations, but to keep candidates in the dark is quite unprofessional.

At the end of the day, "ghosting" a candidate is never cool and it diminishes the reputation of the company / employer.

Today's candidates are tomorrow's leaders. If a candidate is treated unfairly and not with respect, chances are that many of these candidates will abstain from doing business with Samsung Electronics in the future keeping in mind the culture. If this is how they treat candidates on the outside, one can only surmise how they would treat their employees internally. There are plenty of great tech companies out there that treat candidates, employees, partners, customers, etc. with dignity and compassion; stay away from Samsung if you value your worth as a talent.

Interview Questions

• Share with me your experiences in the Mobile Devices segment and Telecommunications domain.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Had only a phone screen asking mostly logical and computer architecture type questions. This was a R&D center. Interview seemed aimed at knowing you have a general understanding computer architecture and can perform some basic problem solving.

Senior Shopper Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Interview

The process I experienced from the recruiter was the most unprofessional experience I’ve ever seen. The recruiter Pamela first called me late one even and left me a message to call her back. I returned her call within 30mins but was unable to reach her. Left her a msg. and figured she would call back. After a few days went by and no call back nor email communication; I decided to reach back out. Again, she wasn’t available so I left another VM msg. A week and half rolled by and no communication from Pam. Decided to reach out to her one last time. I finally got her on the phone and she seemed interested in getting to know more about my background. That was until she abruptly interrupted me in the middle of me sharing and said she had a meeting and wanted to reschedule for later the same day. We agreed on a set time to chat and again she didn’t call. Samsung needs to be made aware of this employee and ashamed to have a recruiter like this.