Samsung Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2018

2.9

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Dallas, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview + Skype Interview. Phone Interview by two persons with an accent. Interview was on Amazon cloud Architecture (included in JD), PHP OOPS, REST API, Database fundamentals, MVC programming.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

This position is about mobile development, and the first interview is assigned on the next day I received HR's call, so I have not too much time to prepare for this interview, and then the second day, they give a call and totally about technical questions of java and android, easy questions like what is static in java, but also hard questions like different situations on exception handling, but if you have study algorithm very well, this won't be too difficult, I assume it as average difficulty in large companies. Questions on android is not widely applicable for all candidates, but these questions will be based on your projects, and will be difficult to analyse, and the phone interview last about 1 hour, even with codes you need to write on google share doc. So, it seems no very easy to deal with.

Interview Questions

• How sharedpreference works on android?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

At first they ask to give a written test. which is based on aptitude test and coding skills. and number distribution is 50-50. after passing the written examination, they ask to attend the technical viva, which is pretty much based on string related problems, oop concepts etc.Last part is slotted for an HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics in May 2014.

Interview

I was taking a phone interview for internship. Asked questions about projects experiences in resume. One question is what is the most successful project you did and what is the most unsuccessful one? and some other questions like why choosing Samsung and Java languages.

Interview Questions

• Ask me details of what project I think is most unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Applied in the college career fair, it took several weeks to get back to me. There are 2 rounds of phone interview, and coming after that is 1 onsite interview. It's located in south bay area. The interviews are not so difficult. One need to be very familiar with what's listed on the resume. Moreover, some basic programming questions and knowledge questions are also asked. The onsite process is long, so have a good sleep before it comes!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

Apply online, got call from recruiter, Easy process, easy people to meet, the overall interview process is pretty smooth, met a few team member, manager, they seem pretty nice, get the offer later, would recommend to other applicant

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics.

Interview

After getting contacted by the vendor, I got scheduled for the interview. It was a panel of 3 people asking on various technologies. The first round was a phone call and the second round was skype call. Interview went great. Lot real time scenarios have been asked.

Interview Questions

• Design and Development of REST API.
      Scaling large scale websites.
      Complex MySql Queries etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview two weeks after I applied. Phone interview was simple. It includes some basic algorithm concepts and knowledge about python (I told him I am familiar with Python).
        Invited to the on-site interview a few days later and scheduled it one week later. There were five white-board interviews, about one hour each. Four of them were Leetcode questions(medium to hard) or similar. One was just asking some ideas about the technology field.
       Rejected one week after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Merge k sorted linked-list
      2. Search in rotated sorted array
      3. Design LRU system   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Electronics (Mountain View, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter Bangalore contacted me through a job portal and asked me for my profile. After that he asked me to schedule a phone interview, once I asked for convenient dates, he dint reply for 20 days. After that he called and asked to schedule a face to face interview at San Jose, California . He clearly told that it will be a discussion with HR.

Once I traveled there, he called me(The HR had come from India to USA just take interviews or may he wanted to come to USA so he made up a reason in front of his higher management) and told that he had left a "voice mail" on my phone about the interview time which was much earlier than the time we decided via email few days back. I somehow ran to the Samsung research at Mountainview and made it on time. After I go there, he said the interview is delayed by 30 mins and made me roam around from building to building. Finally, when the interview started, they told me it will be a TECHNICAL interview(for which I was not at all prepared for). It was a 3 panel interview, one guy was not at all interested in the interview, he left after 20 mins. Other guy, the HR, came after 40 mins to the interview. The third guy whom I interviewed with was not aware about which area to focus on so he just started asking questions about what he knows. He was focused on the areas I am not interested in and courses that do not belong to my field of interest. Frankly, he was trying to show off his intelligence than understanding my profile and expertise. At the end, When I asked him about the Harman aquisition, he asked me "Oh, when did that happen?". So you can imagine the type of expertise he had in interviewing candidates.

I literally felt like there was absolutely no management at all. Even a kindergarten kid would have done a better job than these guys. No clear communication, no action plan and no one knew what they were suppose to do. It was the most disgusting experience ever.

Interview Questions

• 1) write a program to create circular queue?   1 Answer

Interview

First they had a written exam. It had basic language and aptitude questions. It was to be done in a given time frame. It was an elimination round too.

Second round was a technical interview round. It required basic coding and DS knowdlege. If you are good logically and technically you will be able to clear through it
    Basic Data structure
    Language specific questions.Very basic level
    Basic Puzzles
    Make File and other related if you going for C

Third round was HR round. HR explained about company policies in general . We were made to fill a yellow form if we were selected.

Interview Questions

• Puzzle : How to cut a cake into equal pieces
      Question : Write a program to check a string is palindrome or not   1 Answer