Schneider Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Schneider

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Fontana, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got a call from company asking when can I work and I was new for company driver. Was I sure it was for me to stay on the road moving loads.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I hear about them and what are my reasons on picking them   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter. Easy to get in as long as you can prove you are a good safe driver with a clean criminal and DRUG FREE background. Company checks driving record and screens with DOT urine and hair follicle.
    2 week process over the phone with recruiter (I was still with another company so they worked with my schedule) 3 week training: week1 greyhound bus to Green Bay,WI for classroom and skills. Hotel rooms are double booked- I had a roommate. Week2 greyhound to Chicago more classroom for the week with hard skills in the truck . Private hotel room. Week3 out with a training engineer and driving on real loads. Trainers are nice people, supportive and informative.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good. They ask you your income expectations and work to home time preferences but none of that really matters because they give you what they need. If you don't make money or get home when you like or when they say, oh well. Better luck next week....

Interview Questions

• Income expectations and home time requirements   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Fontana, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Long and a word of advice: NEVER EVER try to lie about anything and make sure you have all dates correct on your application. Interview was a positive experience. This interview process is many hours of classroom and many hours of actual drive training. The entire orientation process takes three weeks to complete with both written and actual on the road testing. You learn a lot and you will never forget the experience. GO FOR IT as this company is a great starter company for any new CDL driver.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come work for us? What type of power units did you drive prior to applying with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Schneider (Gary, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

Less than 30 mins, phone interview, drug screening, personal questions, employment background, simple, fast and very easy question and answer interview, very hard to not pass an interview like this one

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Schneider (Lebanon, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

I Called an talked to them on the phone. They Then took my information and the recruiter talked back and forth with me getting things ready for Orientation. The process took a fe wdays to work out everything prior to heading for Orientation.

Interview Questions

• Went over the road experience-did I go to trucking school-any felonies-what were my expectations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Schneider (Palm Bay, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

you speak to a recruiter they set up your drug test once that and background come back they send a ticket for you on greyhound they put you up in a hotel for your training they feed you for free they bus you back and forth for orientation from hotel to the OC.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Schneider (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

At first all went well and very good, although get in writing everything discussed to prevent misunderstandings regarding re-imbursements during training, and recruiters should communicate with training personnel more closely to eliminate possible grievances between driver, training supervision and company recruiter

Anonymous Employee in Marion, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Schneider (Marion, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Smooth, They answer any question you may have. Leave hire date up to you depending on when you would like to start down to which day you want to schedule your drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Schneider (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Fast and pleasant interview, recruiter keeps in touch on a weekly bases.
    they seem to a fixed process in places, with canned explanations. which are ambiguous.

Interview Questions

• ask if I had any training & current CDL   1 Answer