Secureworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Secureworks

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Cyber Threat Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was split over two sittings. An informal chat with a group of the team lead and team manager, a short technical questionnaire after the interview (at home) then a full on technical interview in the second sitting, which was not easy.

Interview Questions

• Informal chat (30 mins - 60 mins), second interview was technical such as "what are the RFC 1918 ranges and CIDR ranges" etc   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secureworks (Austin, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I have seen the position through companies website and asked for one of my friend working there to give me referral. Had a phone screening from TA Team . Had a technical Hr phone screening. Process was fast

Interview Questions

• Java and Linux basics and explained one of my project. Manager spoke very politely and explained me about the current project .He said they would get back to me couple of days for technical coding screening.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secureworks.

Interview

I was referred by a current intern. Interviewed within a couple of days. The interview consisted of 15-30 minutes of behavioral questions, followed by 30-45 minutes technical questions. I think a referral goes a long way for this one. I received the acceptance letter a few days later.

The behavioral interview was more like a conversation between myself and the recruiter. I guess he wanted to make sure I wasn't a socially inept robot and could articulate my thoughts.
    The technical question was in front of the recruiter, one of the team manager, and one of the team leaders. The interview was given by the team leader that I would later work at.

Interview Questions

• There were nothing extremely difficult. They asked basic Java concepts (because I told them that was my most experience language). There were a few basic algorithm problems as well, such as sorts, and a database question that involved being given a scenario and was asked to design a database schema accordingly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

After an initial 30min phone screen, I was invited to a 4-5 hour long interview, consisting of 5 one on one sessions, each lasting around 45 to 60 minutes. Questions touched areas of previous work experience, "social" things ("what are your hobbies"), as well as deeper technical knowledge. I was also given two "problem solving skills" questions.

Overall, it appears they do expect good technical background.
    On the negative side, no one offered a drink, not even water during the whole 4 hour+ sessions. More importantly, I was supposed to receive an answer from HR within a few days, but never did. Even after more than two months and after contacting them a few times via email and phone, no final word from SecureWorks.
    This leads me to believe that they interview for positions that do not actually exist, just to find good candidates to add to their database for later.

Interview Questions

• What is the commandline parameter of X to do Y?
      (Where X is a common Linux commandline tool, and Y an action that you could "normally" quickly look up in a man-page)   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewing for a management position and I had to interview with 6 people before I was extended a job. I interviewed via video and in person. I found myself drained after so many questions from the same people about the same thing.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you look to accomplish on your first month in the office?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Secureworks in May 2016.

Interview

Very simple, I was their last interview. It only took one interview, over the phone, to land this internship. It was a fun conversation, though. We spoke for almost an hour about the company and my role, so I basically knew that I landed the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position, what is your experience, how do you describe yourself, etc. pretty typical   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in May 2007.

Interview

I originally applied online in a resume blast I did to try and find a job.
    A couple MONTHS later, I was emailed to set up a phone interview. This happened the the next day and went very well.
    The next week, I was asked to submit writing samples and schedule an on-site interview. When setting up the in person interview, they said they were "very flexible, whenever was convenient for me." However, they were not flexible, and only had the next afternoon available. So I adjusted my schedule so that would work for me at the last minute. Then, they said "I believe I said we were available during the afternoon, but actually, we are not. Are you available in the morning?" I again, made myself available, but never heard back from them with a confirmed interview time, or directions to their office. I sent an email at the end of business that day letting them know that I would "Google" their office and be there at 9 am.
    I received a phone call at 8:50 am the next morning asking if I had figured out how to get there... I was already in the parking lot. I would definitely characterize this communication process as less than ideal.
    Anyway, the in person interview turned out to be a series of 1 on 1 interviews with everyone on the Marketing team, luckily, I did not have any conflicts with staying in their offices for 3 hours. My resume and experience were discussed and I received praise for my writing skills. I was told I would hear back "soon."
    The next day, I received an offer from another company who wanted a decision right away, so I accepted. I let SecureWorks know and they immediately called me and offered me a job at a higher pay rate.
    Overall, the interview process was straightforward and easy if you are good at speaking with others about yourself, albeit confusing and poorly coordinated. I accepted the offer based on a continued interest in the position, and the pay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really need to negotiate since they offered me more than I was looking for so I was happy.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First was a phone screening with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then followed by an almost half-day, multiple hours, marathon interview. Met with 5 people back to back, from various teams.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult but because meeting with so many people, all at different times, you repeat the same questions and answers over and over.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Drawn out, straight forward - enjoyed the opportunity and would have loved to continue working with the interviewing manager, but high turnover affected the ability to work with the group of workers that made secureworks so special "back in the day"

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secureworks (Atlanta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

This position is for java technologies. First I had a phone interview with the manager and that was easy. Pretty much general questions on java like abstract class, interface, JSP, CSS questions. Then I was selected for the panel interview and it was scheduled for 3 long hours at their Atlanta office. This project is very much diversed and people sit at different geographic locations. Only two of their project members sit at altanta, GA. Rest two at RI and two at myrtle beach. so, I had teleconference with them.

Team members at atlanta, ga seemed very geeky and their questions were with some purpose Though it was not so difficult questions, they easily built my nerves. They asked questions about datastructures, recursive functions, comparator, comparable difference etc. They asked about java services and some design patterns.

Rest of the teleconferencing went good. Few logical questions and programmatic java questions. They were testing on the practical knowledge of java.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview the following week. The interview went well, asking all the basic questions. The Recruiting Manager seemed to have an "upfront" style and she laid out a timeline for me on when I would get feedback, when they needed this person to start, etc.

She turned out to be like all the other recruiters out there. Missed her promised time frame by a week so I reached out myself and got the usual, "I've been out of the office, no feedback, etc," and she would get that feedback right away. 2 weeks later, still nothing so I reach out again and same thing, it's the managers fault, she's out of the office, blah, blah, blah and she'll get something for me right away. That was now a week ago.

Even if she comes back (because I'm not reaching out again,) wanting to move forward, I will not be pursuing this opportunity. Even if it is the managers' fault for not providing feedback, it is the recruiters job to at least reach out and say she doesn't have anything yet. I have no interest in working in this type of environment or with these type of people

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult situation with a hiring manager   Answer Question