Sherwin-Williams Management Training Program (MTP) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sherwin-Williams Management Training Program (MTP) Interview Questions

2.7

133 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted within a couple days by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview that lasted a little less than a half an hour. She asked about my leadership experience on my resume but not a whole lot more. She then said she'd send me contact info to set up a store visit.

I called the store and talked to the manager and set up a visit for the next day. I arrived 15 minutes early and waited about half an hour before sitting down with the manager. We talked for about an hour, no typical HR questions, just conversation about the position and job. He was very straight forward and honest about everything. The recruiter actually called me as I was driving home and asked to set up a meeting with the district managers.

I drove to the district office knowing that I was going to meet with 3 managers. I ended up talking to each of them separately for about 20-30 minutes each. The first guy was very nice, I liked him a lot. He asked some typical questions but made you feel comfortable. The second guy based a lot of questions off my resume and seemed kind of vague with his questions. The third guy talked more about the position/company rather than ask questions.

Got a call two days later by the recruiter who told me she'd be emailing me with an offer. Now, I'm just waiting on the official offer. Overall, there were no crazy questions. Just be prepared for typical STAR questions. They stress that you must be open to relocation after your trainee period (typically 6-8 weeks but can be closer to 3 months).

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your dream job?
    Q: What are you strengths?
    Q: What are your weaknesses?
    Q: What is a time that you had horrible/amazing customer service?
    Q: What is the #1 skill that you need as a manager?
    Q: What is a time that you disagreed with someone on a project?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

The process is slow so patience is a requirement to move through the process. Screening interview, store visit, & interviewing with district manager or managers. As some districts are larger, they are divided into regions so if you live in a large metropolitan area be prepared to be interviewed by more than one district manager.

Interview Questions

• Many "tell me about a time" questions. Also questions regarding safety.   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Interview

First a phone interview then a one on one with a store mgr then the Informal interview in the store. Many aspects of the job were discussed. My territory would be multiple stores over a 50 mile radius. Mileage and an iPhone would be provided as well. (This seemed more a formality as the headquarters in Cleveland is in charge of the Color consultants. ) Must have a degree or…

Interview Questions

• what are you career goals with Sherwin Williams   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Recently underwent the first interview with Sherwin Williams, I applied online and they got back with me in less than a week. I had my first interview over the phone and it lasted about 45 minutes and then the next day they called me for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I applied for this position online sometime in January. It took a while before a recruiter contacted me. Once she did she said she needed to contact another recruiter for me because she was in another state. That took another 2 weeks. Once she finally contacted me she asked me a few questions to understand if I would be a good fit for the company and understand the position. Once we agreed she emailed me about a week later with a in store visit/ interview. When I went, it was more of just a tour of the store and he briefly described a little of what I would be doing. He asked mainly if I had any questions for him, I wasn't asked any questions. The recruiter told me to print out the store guide she emailed me, but we never went over it. After I left there I contacted the recruiter to let her know but she didn't respond. I called several times and emailed. After feeling like I should move on from this opportunity, she emailed me 2 weeks later for a interview with the District Managers. I was still interested so I went and was interviewed by 2 people. They asked mainly about pass work experience and discussed my resume. After I left, I received an email the same night with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you came up with a theory on how to improve something in your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they sent me an email asking me when I would be available for the interview, one week later I did a phone interview, after two days they asked me to go to the district office (in the city I applied) and then I interview with the city manager and finally the district manager. A week later they sent me an offer by email

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you made a mistake and what you did to repair that mistake.   Answer Question

Management Training Program (MTP) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Multi-faceted. There was a phone interview, followed by a store walk through, then another phone follow up. If all went well then a formal interview was conducted. There were mostly situational questions asked in all interviews, while also walking through your resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a small chance for negotiation, but I'm not sure how lenient it would actually be if I had responded.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

3-step process. Phone interview, store visit, and face-to-face with upper management. All friendly folks, up front and honest, looking to hire the "right" people. Never felt out of sorts or uncomfortable and made me realize this is definitely a company I would like to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable interview. They did not make me feel nervous at all and I felt like I was just have a casual conversation. The interviewer made me want to continue talking which I thought was good. And you also get some free stuff at the end. I got a car charger and a pen!

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I have been in the interview process for two months now. First contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview. Then i went to the nearest facility to me and had an in person interview. Basic questions nothing too hard