Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sherwin-Williams Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.5

Manager Training MTP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few days. I had a phone interview. She said that I would hear back within the next few weeks for an in person interview, but I have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance that you have went above and beyond for a customer? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a job that you did not like and why?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Little Rock, AR) in September 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Suppose to be Skype interview, but apparently there was some internet outages involved. Have been told that District Manager is going to look at resumes and doing in store interviews. Haven't herd anything back yet.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had a recruiter reach out to me in December 2015 saying they found my resume on a website and if I was interested in the position. I had agreed to find out more about the company. Spoke to the recruiter twice on the phone so she could get a feel for who I am, spoke about an hour on the phone the first time since we spoke about my degree background etc very laid-back. Second time was to tell me I passed the first step and next was a store visit. Went to visit a store nearby and spoke with the Manager, felt very comfortable and overall a great experience. (I ended up training in that store for 3 weeks). Third interview was at the district office with the DM, also felt very comfortable but professional. Since it was around Christmas time he said hopefully I receive an early Christmas gift. Within half an hour after the interview I got a call saying I got the job. My advice to you is be yourself, be prepared with any paper work they tell you to bring, and talk about your sales experience if you have (they love that).

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Pretty relaxed from my experience, pretty simple questions, because you'll go through training to gain experience later on to learn more about the products. It was an overall pretty good experience.

Interview Questions

• What experience do u have in the past?   1 Answer

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Greenville, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

From the initial phone screening to the final interview with the district manager, everyone treats you with respect and are completely welcoming. I was blown away by how well they treat their employees, and the generous compensation package they offer.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Richmond, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Cool & laidback. Discussed previous work and how it could help me be a good fit. Answered you normal "what would you do in this situation?" And "tell me a time when.." interview questions. He told me information about the company. The manager had a funny personality so everything was pretty light. He kept having to get up and help customers.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to show great customee service?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter then had an interview with the district manager. They are very flexible about where you can intern at during the summer. Process took about a month.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams.

Interview

Asked a few questions and not much less. The whole process lasted about ten minutes total. Hardest part is just waiting usually on the back ground check and them working you into the schedule and what not

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Newark, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to set up a time for a phone interview a few weeks after I applied. At the arranged time, I received a call and we spoke for a little under an hour. During the interview, I noted that I was interested in being considered for the position in another area. The recruiter said she'd forward my resume and her notes (she wanted to continue and do the full interview) to that area's recruiter. I was left with an overall positive impression, but then I never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond (it doesn't have to be work related).   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sherwin-Williams (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

There are a total of three interviews, which includes a phone, in store and a district manager interview. The phone interview can be either Skype or regular. Are you willing to relocate?

Interview Questions

• What is one way you can improve safety inside and out of the work environment?   Answer Question