Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I worked with an HR hiring specialist to understand the position and submit the proper documents (resume, etc.). I was then tested in a group of other potential hires for team dynamics, leadership, etc., with use cases that we had to work through. I was interviewed two times and then hired.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, Excel exam, business case review with managers, middle management panel, and upper management panel. Standard behavioral and technical questions. Process took about 4-6 weeks.

APP2 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Interview panel of 3 or more and they ask you behavior questions to see if you will fit into their group. SCE is a great company to work for, you just have to be able to answer multiple questions at once. They will give you time to write down the questions however be prepared to give back the notes you took during the interview.

TSP3 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA).

Interview

4 people asking dimensional questions with parts a, b, c, very nice people they were not rude very polite read the questions twice no problem understanding them They were all dressed well

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you did not agree with your manager? Making a decision that impacted an entire system? who were the stakeholders? what is your definition of team work? How do you constantly improve the results you work on?   Answer Question

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume on June 7th. A few weeks later, I received an email invitation to do the customer test on June 27th. Testing is easy if you know basic math and have worked in a call center before. After, they let you know if you've passed or fail. If you pass, you meet with HR and they invite you to a panel interview on July 11th. Interview was with 5 managers, separately. All behavioral questions. Then they say results will be expected in 2 weeks. I waited until August 16th to be emailed that I wasn't a successful candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you ran into a difficult situation and how you solved it   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Rep1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from an agency called me with regards to my resume that he came across a job site. Job description, wage and expectations were clearly explained. I passed the phone screening and my application was submitted to SCE for possible in-person interview. After 4 days, agency recruiter called me and said that I was selected for an in-person interview the following week. The interview was very professional. It was a panel of 2 interviewers. The questions were printed on a paper where you read it and answer out loud while the interviewers take down notes of your answer. There were 5 or 6 questions. The interview lasted for 25 minutes. It went very well. I feel very positive about the interview. The interviewer told me that I'm going to hear something from them the following week. Almost 2 weeks past, no update from the agency. I called and emailed them but no response. Luckily, I got a hold of the recruiter from the agency and I asked if there are any updates whatsoever about the interview. He said that SCE never contacted/emailed them about my application but he feels I didnt get the job cause it's been awhile. He actually checked the SCE portal and really no updates under my name. I think they should be more professional. Applicants always need any kind of updates good or bad. They need to update their portal in a timely manner and communication should be improved between agency and their company.

Interview Questions

• If given an offer, how can you guarantee that accuracy and quality are met for this job?   2 Answers

Consumer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Emailed by the recruiter without a phone call to set up an in person interview. Interview is a panel interview with 3 individuals. Hiring manager and 2 other core managers. Very structured as each had a printed document with the question and section to write responses. During the interview I was told that all notes I wrote had to be handed over to the manager at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of how you convinced a person or group of people to follow your recommendation or insights.   Answer Question
    • What was a great problem that you encountered and what were the steps to solve it.   Answer Question

Transmission & Distribution Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They invited me for an interview about 1-2 weeks after I applied online. I was told it would be a panel of two people interviewing me, but there were actually four. Friendly environment and workplace, and the people were really nice (didn't feel like an interview at all). Mostly behavioral/situational questions, with some technical questions towards the end. They sent me an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about safety practice and dealing with hazards.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work on multiple projects/assignments   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

fairly easy about 5 situational questions and you are asked to conduct a powerpoint presentation.
    panel interview....they wanted to know if your able to teach a process in a classroom setting.

Interview Questions

• how would you explain a technical application to a non technical customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Applied through a University Recruiter, then online. Got an email a couple weeks later saying I'd get a call for a phone interview. After the phone interview, got an email a couple weeks later which said I got an onsite panel interview.