Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Interviews at Southern California Edison

3.1

Industrial Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

I first had a phone screen with basic questions to see if I fit the minimum requirements. I was then invited to an on-site interview. I interviewed with two individuals. The interview process was organized and I found it easy to pull relevant examples.

Interview Questions

• How have you had to ensure workplace safety in your past experience?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Didn't really care what I had to say. Cut me off before I could even mention the education/experience they were asking about. Suggested I why I wasn't a good fit unknowingly mentioning education and experience that I did have. Don't think they even knew who they were speaking to as they did not once acknowledge my name.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Monrovia, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Total was about a 3 month process. Once the interview is scheduled they will ask about your current experience, then they will ask you a series of questions which you should answer based on the STAR method

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with confrontation with a co-worker in the work place?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter for 30 minutes with general questions around resumes and why looking to leave current employer. The recruiter then described the interview process; and concepts to be aware of for the next round.

Then had a 3 person panel interview for 1 hour with the hiring manager, Sr. PM and PM, where they asked a total of 7 questions from an approved list of questions. The questions were quite simple, but they wanted specific examples from my related work experience.

The next round of the interview was they provided a case study, in which I was to analyze the data provided and then give a recommendation on how to move forward. Key data points are left off the case study intentionally, and the point isn't necessarily to have the correct answer, but to see how you approach the problem and present your findings in a 30 minute meeting with the same panel attendees.

Interview Questions

• Reason for looking outside of your current employer?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time where you've had to escalate an issue to your manager?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you've implemented a process improvement?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience working with collaboration tools, such as SharePoint?   Answer Question
    • An instance where you've had multiple deadlines at the same time, how do you prioritize?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you've had to analyze two options, and provide a recommendation?   Answer Question

Planner Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

The entire process took approximately four months.

I applied online on March 15, 2019 and received an email from the Talent Acquisition team stating that they would review my qualifications and contact me if I was going to move on to the next portion of the process.

Two weeks later, I was invited to take an exam which is required for this position. It is the EEI Tech exam. The website has a brief study guide but it is in your best interest to dust off some old math books or study online. The test will take about two hours to complete and it consists of basic graphic problem solving, interpreting basic maps and diagrams, basic mechanical problems, and basic reasoning problems. Now I used the term “basic” but again, if you haven’t studied math or map reading problems then the questions on the exam may stump you.

On April 10, I was invited to take part in a “Digital Interview”. In order to take part in this interview you need a device with a camera and some decent lighting. The website that hosts the interview will give you tips on how to best set up your computer and also tell you that you should do the interview in a place where you be free from distractions. There are practice questions where you are able to answer and review your video. You can answer the practice questions as many times as you want but once you start the actual interview, you have to answer every question and they are timed.

On May 1, I was emailed and told that I was being invited to a face-to-face interview at one of the service centers to which I had applied. The actual interview took place on May 6. The interview was with two Planning Supervisors and they asked STAR type questions. They took notes during each of my answers. I believe they asked six or seven questions in all. The interviewers were both very friendly and professional and they made me feel comfortable during my interview.

On May 16, I was emailed by Talent Acquisition stating that they were offering me the position and that I would have to go through a background check and take a drug test. The drug test was done on May 20 and they sent my results a couple of days after that. My background check had also been completed during this time. Once everything was completed, the HR personnel had me go in so they could check my social security card and driver license and they also took my photo for my company ID.

It was a long process but very well worth it. The job offer was $67,000 to start as a trainee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to manage multiple projects at once. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Brief 30 minute interview. Asked basic behavioural questions with 3 interviewers at their Pomona sight. They asked basically scenario questions and expected the STARS method. The interview was pretty casual and easygoing. I may not have had the experience and knowledge for the position though.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you got through an obstacle and walk us thorough the process   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a panel interview with two executives, again over the phone. After that I was finally brought into the office for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in November 2019.

Interview

I went through one round of interviews. The recruiter and staff told me it would be a techinical interview but it was actually a case interview. It was conducted via skype, but their meeting would not let my camera join. I was told to dress in business professional but both interviewers wore athletic fleece sweaters to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Gourmet donuts is looking to optimize their donut production. They have 2 machines one that can make 20 donuts an hour for $2/donut and one that can make any number of donuts per hour for $3/donut. How will you decided the most effective way to produce donuts?   Answer Question
    • Gourmet donuts is considering adding a cronut machine to their store. It will cost $130,000 and produce cronuts for $4 that can be sold at $5. How long will it take to pay off the machine, assuming some donuts are still sold.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA).

Interview

They asked me multiple behavioral questions and some technical question. They walked me to the lab and introduced me to other interns. Three on one interview, they all ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about a transformer? Difference between a fuse and a circuit breaker?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Very Straightforward and organized process. Met the recruiters at their annual open house and again during a career fair at my university. I recommend reviewing power concepts prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Using the star method describe a time when you had a disagreement with another group member and how did you resolve this?   Answer Question