Splunk Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for a position online and heard back from the recruiter. Had a phone screen with the hiring manager who was excited to hear about my experience and how I could help them with their challenges. Despite their need for a local PM, she wanted me to fly in for an onsite interview with 5 folks. The interviews went very well and I was given a tour of the site at the end of the day along with a rundown of the positives. The hiring manager made me feel I was the right person for the job. After returning back, there were two more Skype video calls with senior management which went very well. The week ended with an email from a senior recruiter who said they were excited to move forward and wanted to discuss next steps.
I was asked to wait till they figured out and cleared the budget with new executive who had recently joined. After a couple of weeks, I was told that the new executive was not okay with the budget and that they had to rescind the offer.

Now it is not uncommon for this to happen, but I felt a lack of professionalism from the other end which is what soured the deal. I am just glad this happened though as I could avert being part of a workplace where it seems ethics are not valued.

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Started off with phone screens with recruiter, hiring manager and then video conference with a potential team member. Was then invited for an onsite interview and met with several program managers.

Overall the process here is very slow, if you are in between jobs, would not recommend banking everything on a job at Splunk because of their slow response time.

Post video conference took about two weeks to hear back. And after the onsite about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize projects?   1 Answer

Splunk Response

Oct 15, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for submitting a review! We apologize about the slow response time and we’re definitely working on our feedback process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process with the team was fine. 1 phone interview followed with 2 rounds of in person interviews. Unfortunately the issue is with the recruiters. They did a horrible job at communicating and kept changing. They provided inaccurate information about salary range and RSU’s which eventually lead to me declining the offer. Shame as I really liked the company and team. The recruiter confirmed comp it would take for me to accept then gave an offer no where close to that. And although they said there was room to negotiate they really couldn’t offer much over their initial offer. RSU’s were almost insulting.

Interview Questions

• Focused on personality and had open conversations about program   1 Answer