Splunk Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

After the introductory HR call, I had a coding interview and then onsite.

This was the worst onsite interview of my life. I traveled from San Jose for the interview. The first 2 interviews went well and then the nightmare started. The person supposed to take me to lunch arrived and started interviewing. The "lunch" interview lasted an hour with no lunch. I am a pre diabetic and my blood sugar started dropping low. I woke up early to travel from San Jose. I had brought a granola bar with me. I asked the interviewer that my blood sugar is dropping, can I eat my snack and he says OK. As i take the first bite, boom another question. I put the bar aside and began answering his questions. I was hungry and barely able to think straight at this point. I figured this person does not like me for whatever reason (there was a lawsuit already) but i dont want to speculate the reason.

Not only was this person Rude, but he tried to ask me about internal workings of the company i worked for. Anyways he leaves and the next interviewer comes. I mention that I haven't eaten anything, and he asks if I want lunch. Of course I decline because I did not want to stop the interview. At this point I should have just walked out, but unfortunately I did not. The other interviewers were nice but I was DONE! This happened year ago but i think i should share this. No one should be treated like this

Interview Questions

Splunk Response

Apr 15, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

We sincerely apologize for the lack of courtesy you've experienced here. We're committed to providing a great onsite experience and there's no excuse for not following through on that. Please feel... More

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. And the question is not too difficult. A lot of experience had been gained from this interview. However, this interview does not scheduled as planned. It seems that this company does not have a very regular interview process.

Interview Questions

• Data structure, and some basic programming program.   1 Answer

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Splunk in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online with an internal employee referral. Heard back from a recruiter, but that's where the good ended.

There were multiple significant unprofessional communication issues WRT to scheduling the tech screening. Then an engineer called 15 minutes late to tell me that they needed to reschedule because the other interviewing engineer wasn't in the office that day for what I was originally told was a 1:1 interview. This was at 3 PM. No excuses, but not the end of the world.

A different engineer calls back at the rescheduled day/time for me to find out that it has been passed off to him "5 minutes ago" and it is now back to a 1:1 interview. He conducts the technical screen and tells me 3 times during the 45 minutes that he is coding his own work while watching me on his other monitor as excuses for why he keeps making rookie mistakes in reading my code. Got an optimal solution done with time to spare. He even commented that I did a great job communicating my solution and building it.

I waited 2 weeks, heard nothing back, so I followed up via email. Nothing. At 3 weeks, I followed up via their online portal. Nothing. At 4 weeks, I followed up via LinkedIn. Nothing. At 5 weeks, I followed up with my friend in the company, who tells me that HR told him that they never got feedback from the engineer. They only did this because he physically walked down to HR to ask about it after they didn't respond to his emails either, which went to an HR manager no less.

At this point, I've decided not to continue with their terrible process regardless, but I finally got a response. After all that, they had the nerve to send me a form email from a no-reply address that there was a "stronger candidate" for the position. How can there be a stronger candidate if they never got feedback from the engineer?

tl;dr - Horrible HR department, doesn't even respect their own employees. Lied to me and never responded over and over again. Seriously unprofessional. I knew from the beginning this was going bad but kept going because my friend in the company said it was great. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Combine two sets of sorted ranges into a unique set of non-overlapping ranges, returning an array of duplicates.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Splunk (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I did the application from a School Career Fair. They reached me soon which was surprised me. They firstly made a phone call for scheduling the next phone call. It came soon just in the next week.
    However, this company or maybe the hiring manager was so messed up. After I emailed him about my time availability. He firstly said okay then found that time is not good for him. Then, we made another yet has been cancelled again because of him. Overall, this kind of update happened several times.
    The phone call is also weird. At least, as far as I know, this is the only company that use almost 30 mins for gauging. Nothing else happened yet.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was really cool, and a great learning experience. Many, crisp interviews, spread over a period of three weeks, but I did not feel any pressure. Loved the attitude of the interviewers, they created a friendly and non-formal environment through the interview day; gave a lot of insight about the company, the team, and the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online and then got an invitation for a video screen a few days later. Completed the 45 minute video screen on CoderPad. After a few weeks, they invited me to an on-site interview. They kept changing the on-site interview date. At one point, they had purchased a plane ticket for me and then cancelled it after 23 hours. Finally got a date pinned down with 6 back-to-back interviews.

The lunch interviewer was nice, but it was a little awkward because he had already eaten lunch earlier. So, it was 40 minutes of me eating while he sat there and made conversation with me. Then, he asked me a whiteboard coding question during the remaining 20 minutes of my lunch hour.

The interview with the hiring manager was horrible. She was looking at her phone the whole time and did not seem interested in the least. She hurriedly gave me the coding question and then went back to looking at her phone. I literally had to clear my throat loudly to get her attention.

It took them 6+ weeks to send a rejection email.

Interview Questions

Splunk Response

Sep 27, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re sorry to hear your onsite experience was less than stellar and our sincere apologies for the delayed feedback. We completely understand the... More