Splunk Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Splunk Technical Writer Interview Questions

Interviews at Splunk

4.0

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk in November 2017.

Interview

After sending an application I was contacted for a phone interview from someone who did not supply their title, and the message did not come from a work email, but one of those anonymous Jobvites. I responded supplying multiple dates and times I was available to do a phone interview. There was a lengthy delay so many of my times were past by the time I heard back, but we arranged a time for Monday. That meant I gave up part of my weekend to be professional and prepare for the interview and write down my questions. On Monday the call never came, I couldn't reach anyone as mentioned I never got a message from an actual email. Later I received another message from the person who had contacted me which did not include any explanation or apology, just said that 'they needed to reschedule my interview.' Really? Why didn't you contact me BEFORE the interview time to let me know there was a problem on your side, you just kept me waiting for a call. Then you don't think you owe me the courtesy of an apology for blowing me off? Funny how I notice that Splunk has all these negative reviews from people who had the SAME POOR EXPERIENCE. Don't waste your time with these bozos.

Other Interview Reviews for Splunk

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk.

Interview

Interview process was long. Was told in first phone interview they were looking at a six to eight week hiring process. It took seven and felt like nine. By the time I made it to onsite interviews, I was really excited about the company and its culture. Onsite interviews were a brutal five hour affair, with five hourlong interviews with mostly higher-ups. In general I thought I did well, except with one project manager who was subbing for another interviewer that was a no show. He seemed like a typical corporate douche, and I worried that my judgement of him showed and made the interview go badly. Anyway, you never know. I made it into the final round and didn't get the offer. I was disappointed, but respected the explained motivation for the company's lengthy interview process - to guard their cool little culture while the company grows, fast (they were in the middle of taking over the third floor of their building).

Interview Questions

• What do you do to get information from an engineer when email and visiting their cubicle doesn't work.   2 Answers