Tata Consultancy Services Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Java Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Interview

Total four rounds. First phone interview, just to know about the basic knowledge. Second and third rounds are skype technical interview, fourth are Face to face round with manager which includes both technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Difference between application Context and Bean Factory   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

Had multiple rounds for interview. First HR and Group Discussion round, Two levels of Technical round and One stress interview.
    Can not tell all the questions and answers of my interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical and HR questions. But stress interview was pretty intense and more like a rapid-fire round. Can not tell all the questions and answers of my interview   2 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in March 2016.

Interview

I had interview with tata at Dallas . It was great. They ask about past experiences. Specially focus on what have I done . I guys was very nice. It was kind of job fair for other company .

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview Questions

• Easy Interview .. They don't what they are looking, For the sake of it they took interview.. They called me and said some opening is there, I went there and they asked me to wait for almost 60 Mins.. I waited there and few guys came and had causal talk.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Culver City, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Got call from recruiter for position in TCS CA USA.
    First interview was scheduled and interviewer called from India for position in USA.
    Interviewer was not interested in knowing my background and telling me about projects or company. He started with questions not related to my background and resume. His intention were clear the way interview was being conducted right form beginning.

I am not expecting next round interview calls.

Interview Questions

• Architecture or server lever tuning   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

it is easy to interviews in tcs so don't fear guys i am very happy in this profile
    most probably you must to know the java and core java basics also your communication skillls

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Has three rounds. First level is technical and second level is manager round and third one is HR level round ... v ...

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Non-tech background :

Relatively easy interview if you are from non-tech background .
    Would just ask some basic logical questions of array sorting , pattern .
    Majorly your attitude and approach towards a task is important for them .
    Your field related basics should be clear , your final year project would definitely leave a mark .

Tech background:

Little high expectations from you . Domain related knowledge should be clear .
    Don't bluff if you don't know as mostly you might feel that the interviewer looks dumb , but they fortunately are trained to take interviews and have answers to the technical questions they ask ,it's not a random question .
    Your values would be checked more as TCS believed in having clean values .

Cracking the interview is not a headache . So just be confident, intent of approaching to solutions , important to the good values in the industry . This should surely get you an offer letter

Interview Questions

• Array sorting .
      Linked list.
      C++
      Shell script .
      COBOL advantages .
      What is a framework.

Patterns display like (for non-tech )
      *****
      ****
      ***

Do ,dowhile ,for
      If else
      JavaScript vs jQuery

Don't worry . You will not be asked everything from this , one or two questions on technical stuff if you are from non-tech background .

If you are from tech background , make sure your basics are clear . Basics would be the stuff they would ask more to you . Explain the application of your final year project with detail to show your intent and approach.
      Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in November 2016.

Interview

1. telephonic round
    2. face to face round
    3. HR round

1. telephonic round: questions asked related to basic core java concepts like OOPs concept, Threading, Concurrent hashmap, Hash set & Hashmap

Interview Questions

• which one is platform independent
      JDK,JRE, JVM

What is thread?
      What is deadlock? how can we resolve the deadlock
      What is Spring IOC/MVC?
      Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Written test as well as human resources management round of interview screening testing. About Java concepts and about my self my family background as well as my former experience. About my training on Java.