Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY).

Interview

For this specific role, they opted for a 4-step Selection Process.

Step 1: Make a 2-minute video clip about one of the given topics (how to rehabilitate Manila, how to revive the OPM/Phil. cinema, hould celebrities join politics and what should be the right percentage of tax). They also said that it has to be creative, informative, and out of the box.

Step 2: A skype interview

Step 3: Group Dynamics

Step 4: 1:1 interview focused on the Data Analytics exercise/assignment. They send a document with performance figures that should be transformed into a Powerpoint presentation.

• Did not proceed with the application
    • Their selection process is too complicated and redundant. The role is for a live chat process and the 2-min. video clip is NOT AT ALL related to the job description
    • Read from other reviews that the company has the tendency to complicate their org structure, processes, and projects.
    • Their previous and current employees also said that they don't have a great culture and compensation package. All of the people I talked to said they want to transfer to other companies.
    • I feel that if their hiring process is this demanding and untelated to the role, there is a tendency that they may demand things like this from their own employees.
    • These information were sent on a Sunday to take place within the next 3 days.
    • They didn't do an initial phone interview to screen the candidates or provide clarifications on expectations.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

It was over Video Conference - the Video unit was not the greatest and felt like perhaps at times when I was answering questions they were looking at my forehead. I get the person I'd be supporting travels a lot but this wasn't the greatest interview experience I've had. I felt comfortable and confident but the setup was not the greatest for a 30 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience booking travel?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY).

Interview

Resume based shortlisting (IIT ; non-circuital branches)

2 coding questions on hackerrank ( dynamic programming) 1 hour

Further shortlisted on the basis of marks .

Ques: Given an array of positive numbers, A the rule is if you select any (say A[i]) you can't select A[i-1] or A[i+1]. What's the best obtainable score?

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Personas Based interview with process and cross functional team experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very cool and the HR's helped to chose the right structure

Senior Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (South San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Brought in by a recruiter - same day notification. I was interviewed by the VP of Operations. He was very thorough in the interview process. I was hired on the spot with no experience in the industry and successfully negotiated a $5,000 increase after 90 day satisfactory probation period

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$5,000 increase after 90 day probation period

Interview

Nice .

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

The interview process was organised through HireVue and involved behavioural questions, a coding challenge and cognitive games. The experience overall was very positive, however ended up taking quite a while so make sure you block out some time.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you built a positive relationship that lead to a better product.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra in August 2020.

Interview

Firstly, resume screening. Online test and video interview through hireVue. The online test includes a coding test and a cognitive test. Video interview includes six behaviour tests. Then, the AC interview.

Interview Questions

• why you want to join in and why your background is fitting in this role   Answer Question
    • what is your last long term research experience?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

The online application was very simple only required resume and transcript. No need for a cover letter. Psychometric test was on par with others I have done in the past. Video interview allowed multiple attempts for each question.

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

I applied online asked to provide CV and answer basic informational questions. recieved an invitation to take video interview

Interview Questions

• The questions were 1 motivational behavioral(long the line of your motivations for the role or the company in general)   1 Answer