Texas Instruments Analog Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

3.4

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, interviewed in career center by employee from Santa Clara location. Interviewer was nice and gave me some behavioral and simple technical questions regarding device physics. I thought I did ok but never got a response back.

Interview Questions

• - What is one project that I am proud of
    - How does a transistor work?
    - Draw Vgs/Vds - Ids curves   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Walked in, everyone is nice. Pretty stress free. Nothing to worry about. Answer your question correctly and you will most likely get the job. Half technical half behacioral. Lasted 45 min

Interview Questions

• What is an op amp   2 Answers
    • What is the circuit of a low pass filter and what do they do   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university and had one round of phone interview.
    Then had a follow up interview on webex.
    I was selected for an on-site interview for the final round in Dallas. It was mostly based out on the resume and a few very basic questions about the projects

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of kelvin connection to measure the resistance of a wire?
      Which region of the transfer characteristics represent an ohmic resistor?
      He gave me a 3 end to end diode connected transistors and asked me to find the voltage drop across each of them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to someone in school career fair and got an on campus interview. Then got a phone interview after a few weeks. Then an onsite interview with 2 rounds. The process is not fast. Did not get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tempe, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through college and got interviewed on campus. There was one one-on-one round with one interviewer. It was mostly behavioral questions and few technical questions. The interview was easy though I couldn't get through that round. Mainly, because I bombed one question big time. Got my reject next day itself. Still it was a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioural questions with two technical questions. The technical questions were basic like step input to rc filter, lc filter etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the TI recruiters at the Purdue Career fair and they put me down for an interview with a senior engineer next day the the campus.

The on-campus interview lasted for about an 1.25 hours and the engineer was really nice, informative and told me at the end of the interview that he will likely put me down for the next round.

I was contacted my email by the HR from Dallas 2 weeks later for a Skype-time video interview on a platform TI use. I interviewed with 2 senior engineers from Dallas who worked with the 64 bit DSP processor team for about 1.5 hours. The interview started with a presentation on my thesis work, while they asked technical questions as they came across them on my presentation.

I thought the interview went well but I got a reject 2 weeks later telling me while it was very close, they went with someone else for the position. It wasn't clear whether this was the last round but it seemed that from the rejection email I got.

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between Asynchronous and Synchronous reset.
      2. VHDL code for Asynchronous reset.
      3. What is the difference between hard error and soft error. Explain in detail.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career fair. Got a call and interviewed on campus.Mainly behavioral questions and questions related to my resume. Was asked to explain any circuit/project of my choice in detail. Some questions related to digital design.

Interview Questions

• Explain any circuit or any project of your choice in detail.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Apply through job fair in the college. And the staff ask few technical questions then, he appoint the meeting the next day.
    The interview with one HR and one Engineer. Mostly they focus what I described in the resume.

Interview Questions

• When you fail the project how did you overcome? explain   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Long for about more than an hour. Employers were super kind and the interview went smooth. It was a relaxing environment and so I was able to speak at a good pace without being rushed.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2014.

Interview

I'm there for the intern only, nothing too complicated, it only lasted half an hour, 3 to 4 basic analog design block problem, like redesign two single output op amps into one op amp with differential output, or design buffer for the delta sigma ADC. if you get in touch with these often it won't be a problem.

Interview Questions

• I haven't touched the basic MOSFETs for almost a year, nothing seems to be familiar to me now. Though nothing challenging during the interview, but you need to have a solid background knowledge on the IC design.   Answer Question