Texas Instruments Analog Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.3

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interview

It is in a professional way. They conducted 2 rounds of interview. The first round is to filter the candidates for the second round. The second round is full of technical queations and personal introduction at the beginning.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Analog Design Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2017.

Interview

The first round was an On-Campus one that happened during the Career Fair. Interview lasted for 20-30 mins. Basic questions about projects and few technical questions.

Second round consisted of two parts. First part was a design oriented presentation about the Projects that I have so far done. Questions were asked based on it. The second part was a set of technical questions that ranged from RC, RL networks to basic CMOS amplifiers. Together, the two parts went for an hour. This round took place over phone and also by sharing my laptop screen(for the presentation).

Third round was a phone interaction with a Project Manager under whom I would be working. He wanted to just chat and see, if my interests align with the project that his team is doing. The talk went on for 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

on campus interview, two people interviewed me. the interview lasted about 30 minutes, they asked about a project I wrote on my resume, an two-stage OpAmp design. And they asked me how I did matching network for resistor and capacitor given. The interview process is still going, I have not finished with an outcome yet

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about your failure
      Draw the schematic of this OpAmp you designed
      What is the gain?
      What is the ICMR?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, interviewed in career center by employee from Santa Clara location. Interviewer was nice and gave me some behavioral and simple technical questions regarding device physics. I thought I did ok but never got a response back.

Interview Questions

• - What is one project that I am proud of
      - How does a transistor work?
      - Draw Vgs/Vds - Ids curves   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Walked in, everyone is nice. Pretty stress free. Nothing to worry about. Answer your question correctly and you will most likely get the job. Half technical half behacioral. Lasted 45 min

Interview Questions

• What is an op amp   2 Answers
    • What is the circuit of a low pass filter and what do they do   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through university and had one round of phone interview.
    Then had a follow up interview on webex.
    I was selected for an on-site interview for the final round in Dallas. It was mostly based out on the resume and a few very basic questions about the projects

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of kelvin connection to measure the resistance of a wire?
      Which region of the transfer characteristics represent an ohmic resistor?
      He gave me a 3 end to end diode connected transistors and asked me to find the voltage drop across each of them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to someone in school career fair and got an on campus interview. Then got a phone interview after a few weeks. Then an onsite interview with 2 rounds. The process is not fast. Did not get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tempe, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through college and got interviewed on campus. There was one one-on-one round with one interviewer. It was mostly behavioral questions and few technical questions. The interview was easy though I couldn't get through that round. Mainly, because I bombed one question big time. Got my reject next day itself. Still it was a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioural questions with two technical questions. The technical questions were basic like step input to rc filter, lc filter etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the TI recruiters at the Purdue Career fair and they put me down for an interview with a senior engineer next day the the campus.

The on-campus interview lasted for about an 1.25 hours and the engineer was really nice, informative and told me at the end of the interview that he will likely put me down for the next round.

I was contacted my email by the HR from Dallas 2 weeks later for a Skype-time video interview on a platform TI use. I interviewed with 2 senior engineers from Dallas who worked with the 64 bit DSP processor team for about 1.5 hours. The interview started with a presentation on my thesis work, while they asked technical questions as they came across them on my presentation.

I thought the interview went well but I got a reject 2 weeks later telling me while it was very close, they went with someone else for the position. It wasn't clear whether this was the last round but it seemed that from the rejection email I got.

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between Asynchronous and Synchronous reset.
      2. VHDL code for Asynchronous reset.
      3. What is the difference between hard error and soft error. Explain in detail.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through university career fair. Got a call and interviewed on campus.Mainly behavioral questions and questions related to my resume. Was asked to explain any circuit/project of my choice in detail. Some questions related to digital design.

Interview Questions

• Explain any circuit or any project of your choice in detail.   Answer Question