Texas Instruments Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 4, 2017

3.1

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was difficult to get a job. I was in constant contact with hiring manager, but it took about 4 years to finally get a requisition freed up by corporate in Dallas.

Interview Questions

• a question on the board asking for a calculation to be performed in front of hiring manager.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was pre-recorded messages through Hirevue. Mostly behavioral questions.

Second interview was a video chat also through Hirevue. Questions are typical such as what talk about projects you've worked on and some behavioral questions. There were also questions about RLC filters and op-amps.

Third interview was onsite. There were additional op-amp/RLC filter questions. Additionally, candidates had to prepare a 4-6 slide presentation on a previous project. Depending on the interviewer, this may not be used at all.

Interview Questions

• Derive the cutoff frequency of a low pass RLC circuit.   Answer Question
    • Given a window comparator circuit, draw the output with a triangle-wave input.   Answer Question
    • Make different gates such as AND/OR using mosfets.   Answer Question
    • Draw a voltage follower and an inverting amplifier using op-amps.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got called in for an on-site interview about a month later. The interview was with 3 people back-to-back with people that I would be working with and for.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2016.

Interview

Brief interview in person on campus about op amps and filters followed by another web interview a few weeks later i did not get an offer for about a month after that

Interview Questions

• Which is a high pass and low pass filter   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I had a first round interview in my school and passed to second round where they asked me more hardware question that's where they realized I was a software guy ;)

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The process was comprised was supposed to be comprised of three steps, but I only made it through two. The first round was a on-campus interview. The questions asked were mainly behavioral with a few simple technical questions (define some characteristics of an op-amp). The second interview was a web interview using Hirevue where two current application engineers interviewed me. The entire interview was an hour with 30 minutes used for behavioral questions and the other 30 minutes used for technical questions. From what I was told, the third round is an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Design a low pass filter and draw its equivalent bode plot. What happens to the bode plot if you add a inductor in series with the resistor?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The interview process was suppose to be a 1:1, 30 minute interview but it turned into a phone interview due to the bad weather. TI contacted me with ample time to prepare accordingly. There were two interviewers on the phone that asked behavioral questions along with questions about the projects I listed on my Resume.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions: "Tell us about yourself", "When was a time your project wasn't going well and did you fix the problem?"
      Technical Questions: Had to do with projects that I had on my resume; asked to describe a process that I used.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Three step interview. Part one is conducted virtually where you answer questions by recording answers. Second is a virtual interview with two engineers where they ask you behavioral questions with some technical components. In the last part you get flown to Texas where you interview with several engineers and they tie your behavioral and technical knowledge together.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a three step process. First, I had an interview on campus after talking to them at the career fair. This interview was mainly behavioral questions. Next, I had a virtual interview on HireVue that was also mainly behavioral questions and questions about my resume and projects I've worked on. It was a bit more technical than the first interview. The final step was when I was flown to Dallas for an on-site interview. On the first day I stayed at a really nice hotel and had dinner with other candidates and current Application Engineer Rotation Program people. The next day I had two, back-to-back 45 minute interviews at TI, where there were two people interviewing me at a time. These interviews were technical in nature. I also had to prepare a presentation about a project I worked on.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview: Mainly behavioral questions

2nd interview: Behavioral questions and questions about my resume. A couple of technical questions that really depend on who's interviewing
      1) Describe the block diagram of a Bluetooth wireless headset.
      2) How would you improve the Bluetooth wireless headset?

3rd interview: Technical questions specific to my resume and presentation. My presentation had buck converters in it, so they asked me:
      1) What's the purpose of the inductor and capacitor at the output?
      2) How do you make the input more efficient?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very smooth and easy first round. Meet them on campus, and get an interview on second day. TI has good reputation regarding their on campus recruitment. And their info session is very helpful. First round interview is always easy, just going through your resume. Waiting for feedback

Interview Questions

• why do you choose application engineer as your career path?   Answer Question