Texas Instruments Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

3.1

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

This was for an Applications Intern for the summer.
First interview was on campus after an information session for 30min. Very easy interview, asked me about stuff on my resume, typical behavioral questions. Very relaxed.
Second interview was through video, lasted an 50min. This one was a little more in depth about my research/internship experiences.
Waiting on reply, said they would contact me within a week for an answer, just had it today.

Interview Questions

• Since I'm a masters student, he asked me questions about transistors. basically the equations for IDS in triode and saturation.   Answer Question
  • Draw op-amp with gain of 2, inverting and non-inverting.   Answer Question
  • Derive non-inverting op amp gain.   Answer Question
  • Low-pass/High-pass filter: input and output for them, why it's a low pass/high pass   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Applications Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Recruiting team is great. Very organized and listens to your preferences. Interview itself was two rounds- one more behavioral and the other technical. The interviews were very fair- not trying to trick you up, just gauging knowledge.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

I talked to the recruiter at the career fair and got on-campus interview for the next day. It went very well. After that, I got 2 more phone interviews. It's more about technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Design amplifiers and what difference between amplifiers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was difficult to get a job. I was in constant contact with hiring manager, but it took about 4 years to finally get a requisition freed up by corporate in Dallas.

Interview Questions

• a question on the board asking for a calculation to be performed in front of hiring manager.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was pre-recorded messages through Hirevue. Mostly behavioral questions.

Second interview was a video chat also through Hirevue. Questions are typical such as what talk about projects you've worked on and some behavioral questions. There were also questions about RLC filters and op-amps.

Third interview was onsite. There were additional op-amp/RLC filter questions. Additionally, candidates had to prepare a 4-6 slide presentation on a previous project. Depending on the interviewer, this may not be used at all.

Interview Questions

• Derive the cutoff frequency of a low pass RLC circuit.   Answer Question
    • Given a window comparator circuit, draw the output with a triangle-wave input.   Answer Question
    • Make different gates such as AND/OR using mosfets.   Answer Question
    • Draw a voltage follower and an inverting amplifier using op-amps.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and got called in for an on-site interview about a month later. The interview was with 3 people back-to-back with people that I would be working with and for.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in November 2016.

Interview

Brief interview in person on campus about op amps and filters followed by another web interview a few weeks later i did not get an offer for about a month after that

Interview Questions

• Which is a high pass and low pass filter   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I had a first round interview in my school and passed to second round where they asked me more hardware question that's where they realized I was a software guy ;)

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The process was comprised was supposed to be comprised of three steps, but I only made it through two. The first round was a on-campus interview. The questions asked were mainly behavioral with a few simple technical questions (define some characteristics of an op-amp). The second interview was a web interview using Hirevue where two current application engineers interviewed me. The entire interview was an hour with 30 minutes used for behavioral questions and the other 30 minutes used for technical questions. From what I was told, the third round is an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Design a low pass filter and draw its equivalent bode plot. What happens to the bode plot if you add a inductor in series with the resistor?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The interview process was suppose to be a 1:1, 30 minute interview but it turned into a phone interview due to the bad weather. TI contacted me with ample time to prepare accordingly. There were two interviewers on the phone that asked behavioral questions along with questions about the projects I listed on my Resume.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions: "Tell us about yourself", "When was a time your project wasn't going well and did you fix the problem?"
      Technical Questions: Had to do with projects that I had on my resume; asked to describe a process that I used.   Answer Question