Texas Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day., I just sent my resume on the career fair. and then they told me to have the interview next day. Sorry I am not have interview yet, after i have it , i will update my information.

Interview Questions

• describe a project that you worked on in the past, describe what part you played in it, describe the project architecture.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First round is behavioral. They asked about what I did in college and just went over my resume. Asked about diversity questions and how I would react to conflicts. Not too bad. Got into second round in a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflicted with others.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2015.

Interview

The first round was an in person interview. They just go through your resume with you, ask about different experiences, and things like that. They took a pretty long time to get back to me after the first round (like a whole month).
    The second round is a phone interview. I had to prepare a presentation, and I just talked about a previous school project I worked on--the design process, the final result, the different problems I ran into while coding it. The phone interview was almost an hour long.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through job fair and talked to a university recruiter. University recruiter liked my resume, so she set me up with the first interview. First interview was basically behavioral, like why you want to work here, and etc. second interview is with two senior engineers and is a video conference with a 10 minute presentation about your self. The other minutes are basically technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

it was not difficult, I was referred by a friend. The questions were pretty basic about my previous work experience and my graduate study, also questions about what I'm willing to work at

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied for on-campus interview. Got a phone call later on, then had an on-campus interview. Then had a second round interview that was over the web and focused on us presenting a project we had worked on before. The interviewers were generally nice, and the HR folks are awesome. They are accommodating (within their limit) and really make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions

• What do a section of memory addresses allocated for a struct actually look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because it was an intern position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Santa Barbara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Gave resume at career fair, had on-campus interview the next day. Asked me behavioral questions. Had a webex interview a couple weeks later with two employees and more behavioral questions as well as some questions about C and the stack. Few days later they told me I had an offer, then set me up with a phone call with the guy I'd be working for, doing embedded systems stuff.

Interview Questions

• Did a function call that took two parameters, each parameter was an in-line evaluation. The output shows that the parameters were evaluated in reverse order. Why?   1 Answer

I'm not interested in the low-level hardware-interaction stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a university careers website and got an on-campus interview. This lasted about a half hour, and it was just a behavioral interview. Later that evening, I heard from HR that the interview had gone well and that they'd like to set up a phone interview for as soon as possible. The phone interview would also have a web conference component where I was to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation on a project that I'd worked on.

My phone interview/presentation was with an embedded systems engineer, and he had an extremely thick accent. I had a hard time understanding most of what he said over the phone, and I had to ask him to repeat himself many times. From what I could tell, he thought my presentation was very good. However, when he asked me if Texas Instruments was my top choice for employment, I said no, and that I was hoping to get a more software-oriented position if possible. Because of that, I didn't hear back from TI after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Follow-up questions asked during my presentation: Explain why you chose the language you did, and why you chose an interrupt-driven design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at UF career showcase. Had on campus interview, video-response interview, phone/presentation interview.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Recruiters at university career fair conducted initial 1:1 interviews on campus with candidates.

Next and final round of interviews took place on-site. The day began in a group setting with a presentation about the company and to allow interviewees to mingle with each other and the various managers. Then 1:1 interviews began between interviewees and each manager. This was followed by lunch and final round of remaining interviews.