Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2017

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

First went through a couple behavioral questions, then proceeded to a set of 4 technical questions that required me to solve some circuits and build an AND and XOR gate using CMOS gates.

Interview Questions

• Circuit with 8 resistors and different Voltage supplies with a diode in the middle, wanted me to find the voltage across the diode.   1 Answer
    • Write truth table for AND and XOR gates and then make both of them using CMOS transistors   Answer Question
    • Voltage divider with zener diode attached to the output, wanted me to describe how the output was affected by the diode   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

I spoke to a Texas Instruments product/test engineer at a career fair and was offered an opportunity to interview the next day. The interview was purely behavioral in nature with the interviewer explaining the duties of the internship, running through my resume, and then asking 30 minutes worth of behavioral questions. I was told that it is a three interview process consisting of a behavioral, followed by a more technical interview, followed by a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most diverse group of people you've been on a team with?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where, despite your best efforts, a project was not working out. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a project where you have been extremely proud of the end result.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

Interview

So far, only had the first round interview from talking to a recruiter at my university career fair. The interviewer was extremely nice. He wanted to make sure I was comfortable throughout the interview. He asked me questions directly related to my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to chose between two solutions and tell me your thought process on how you came to that solution?   Answer Question
    • How could you make your code in one of your projects better?   Answer Question
    • What topic do you think most students struggle on? (Asked because I'm a TA for a CS course)   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online before attending my school's career fair and talking to TI. I was then offered a next day interview. The interview was 30 minutes, and I expected it to be purely behavioral. Unfortunately after a few generic behavioral questions, my interviewer (a senior design engineer) pulled out pen and paper and grilled me on conceptual circuit questions (op-amps, inverters, an infinite lattice of resistors, transistors and diodes). He wasn't at all sympathetic if I didn't remember something from my classes, or if I hadn't learned something in class (like transistor circuits). I think whether or not technical questions are asked on the first interview is up to the interviewer, and they all seemed to be off the top of his head. He basically told me at the end that I'm unqualified and good luck in the future. TI also doesn't email you to tell you if you've been rejected.

Interview Questions

• What is the generalized impedance of an infinite lattice of resistors?   Answer Question
    • Given a square wave entering an op-amp circuit (can be any configuration depending on what the interviewer told me), draw the output wave.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, interviewed in career center by employee from Santa Clara location. Interviewer was nice and gave me some behavioral and simple technical questions regarding device physics. I thought I did ok but never got a response back.

Interview Questions

• - What is one project that I am proud of
      - How does a transistor work?
      - Draw Vgs/Vds - Ids curves   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Onsite - very difficult and unfriendly people. One guy wrote me off almost immediately - I was very new just out of college but still. After 3 minutes he pretty much said he had no more questions. They ask very technical questions, don't hesitate or they think you don't know anything.

Interview Questions

• Know you technically expertise, either digital or analog specialties.   Answer Question

IC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Stressful. HR rep was accommodating but the hiring manager was not available resulting in a month long delay. Interviewer attitude was terrible, almost demeaning at times. They lack basic courtesy skills. Facility at Kilby Labs, Dallas old and not upto standard (Some grad schools have better facilities, equipment etc.) . Please don't waste candidates time if you don't know how basic professional behavior.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was difficult to get a job. I was in constant contact with hiring manager, but it took about 4 years to finally get a requisition freed up by corporate in Dallas.

Interview Questions

• a question on the board asking for a calculation to be performed in front of hiring manager.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Park, MD).

Interview

Went to the career fair at my school and talked with engineers at their booth. Was then allowed to talk to the head recruiter who wanted to schedule a technical interview with me the next day. Interviewed with them that following day.

Interview Questions

• Determining which sorting algorithm is best for certain situations? Followed by a question about audio processing?   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting ACCESS Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Within a few days of applying, I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well, and I very much liked the interviewer. The questions consisted of mostly background inquiries and general information about myself. Thereafter, I was passed on to the second round of interviews. This round consisted of a recorded video interview in which hiring managers had recorded themselves asking behavioral questions, and I was tasked with recording my answers. This was surprisingly difficult, especially given that I only received one try to get it right. Fortunately, I was passed on to the final round of interviews in which I was flown to headquarters with about 24 other candidates who had been chosen out of thousands of others. We were told that they would hire about half of us at the end. Throughout the two day event we received a grand tour of the TI campus and the Refab Facility, went to a cocktail-type event where we mingled top management, executives, and our interviewers, as well as attended a formal dinner at an upscale restaurant. The second day began with the interviews which were conducted in two rounds, both of which were with a panel of two to three interviewers. The questions asked in this round were a combination of behavioral and technical questions based upon your major and your career preferences. Following the interviews we were split into groups for a challenging team-building activity in which we were to work as a team in order to complete a task, in a timely manner, using the tools and resources provided. Throughout this activity, the interviewers would watch your team and document your ability to complete the assigned task and to work together to do so, in addition to, completing your individual objectives as provided in the instructions. This was the last event before we had lunch and transported to the airport for our flights.