Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2018
1,065 Interview Reviews

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

College career fair follow up interview. Mostly non technical questions. This happened after talking with their representatives at the fair. Interview happened on campus a day later. A few questions about TI themselves.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Had phone screen, phone interview, and on site. Everything was smooth and great until my recruiter disappear. I tried to email her many times and the email address was not valid anymore. Maybe she left? But she never introduce me to a new recruiter. Then 2 weeks later, I got an noreply email saying they no longer wanted to move forward.

I fee the hiring process is not pleasant, but the people I met, the team looks great and very easy going.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

-Applied online
    -First round: Personality/behavioral recorded interview. How do you handle tough situations, when have you been a leader, how would you react in this situation, etc.
    -Second round: Technical video interview with current engineer. Analog electronics questions. Gain of a certain op-amp circuit. Description of a certain technical design to a non-technical person. Project experience.
    -Third round: On site interview. Flown to HQ in Dallas. Interviewed with two engineers in two separate rooms. Some behavioral questions, description of a technical project I had done in the past, and then some specific technical questions, and some general "problem-solving" technical questions.

Product/Test Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview I had on campus during a job fair week. The second interview was online, and I was required to prepare a technical presentation. The third interview I am being flown in to Tucson this week. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, a lot of questions about teamwork too. Some of the technical questions I was asked involved projects and research I mentioned in my resume, and questions about my technical presentation. I didn't do the 3rd interview yet so I put that I didn't get an offer, though that may change.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked on a team project and your team failed to meet a task.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and asked several questions. It was nothing past a phone screen unfortunately, but they were very open to questions. I don't think I researched the company well enough, but overall gave a good impression.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Three stages of interviews; first two were phone interviews, the final one was an in-person interview. The first one was a mixture of technical and soft skills; the second required a presentation of a past design project, and the third was all technical.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2018.

Interview

I obtained the interview from applying online. The first interview was a virtual interview where they asked 5 questions and gave me 2 minutes to respond \ with a 30 second preparation time. I received a phone call the same week telling me I'd be moving on to the next step, a phone interview. I conducted a phone interview with two engineer managers who asked me about 5 to 7 questions total. The total conversation was easy going and lasted about an hour. The engineers were extremely knowledgeable and helpful in answering questions with great things to say about the company.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you failed at a project/goal? What did you do to overcome this failure?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

Submitted application and heard back a few weeks later for an interview. For the interview, I gave a powerpoint presentation on myself, my interests, and my goals. Heard back a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you encountered conflict, and how you approached that situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met at a college campus event, was invited to a screening interview the day after. The interview was pretty short (30 min) and was 1 on 1. Consisted of only one technical question, which was fairly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Variation of the traveling salesman problem.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Conference room meeting with several members of the management team. There were several high level managers that did not take a huge role in the interview process. I mostly discussed the position with middle management and answered any technical questions that they posed to me.