Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Business Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

About a week after applying online, I received an email asking if I would like to do a phone screen. After the phone screen, I was told they would like to do an on-site interview and that took about 3 weeks to schedule. The on-site had two panel interviews. After the on-site the recruiter told me that she was going to get feedback from the interviewers and that I should hear back in about a week on whether or not they want to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to break protocol to 'make it happen'?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

There was actually 4 or 5 interview processes I had to go through, when I first went in I didn't realize I was getting hired through a contractor agency. I believe the first was when I called to begin with and we had a phone interview and then set up an in person interview. Then I met with someone who made me an offer, had another phone interview at some point, (this was just through the contractor) then had another two sessions with the actual TI company, some testing and also a group thing to see how everyone did having to suit up to be in a clean room environment.

Interview Questions

• Asked what interested me in the job.   1 Answer

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Interview

5 question
    1 logic design
    1 c programing
    2 state machine design
    1 basic problem

Interview Questions

• em....1 problem about how to design a circuit to make 5 * 3 = 15   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied for on-campus interview. Got a phone call later on, then had an on-campus interview. Then had a second round interview that was over the web and focused on us presenting a project we had worked on before. The interviewers were generally nice, and the HR folks are awesome. They are accommodating (within their limit) and really make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions

• What do a section of memory addresses allocated for a struct actually look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because it was an intern position.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through a university careers website and got an on-campus interview. This lasted about a half hour, and it was just a behavioral interview. Later that evening, I heard from HR that the interview had gone well and that they'd like to set up a phone interview for as soon as possible. The phone interview would also have a web conference component where I was to prepare a 10-15 minute presentation on a project that I'd worked on.

My phone interview/presentation was with an embedded systems engineer, and he had an extremely thick accent. I had a hard time understanding most of what he said over the phone, and I had to ask him to repeat himself many times. From what I could tell, he thought my presentation was very good. However, when he asked me if Texas Instruments was my top choice for employment, I said no, and that I was hoping to get a more software-oriented position if possible. Because of that, I didn't hear back from TI after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Follow-up questions asked during my presentation: Explain why you chose the language you did, and why you chose an interrupt-driven design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

the first interview was with the HR general manager. it went very well, no technical question, just about my career goals and what kind of posiition i would like to get once hired, and most important, rewrite my resume and tell explicitly the courses i took so far.
    the second was with the HR again, and more detailed. it was regarding my educational background, my strength and weaknesses, and a brief discussion on my resume.
    the third was with my boss (software application manager) and it took approximately 1h. he explained to me what they are doing, asked me what i'm looking forward to doing, the device i would be working on and also he asked what are my passions.
    the last interview was very in depth, and skills oriented. i was litterally quizzed in the area i will be working on. it was about 1h30mn interview, and it went well.

Interview Questions

• In my case it was not really questions, but mostly it was explaining a design process flowing some established rules i am supposed to know to accomplish efficiently the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was amazed by the amount of money offered to me... so i took it without further negociations

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at UF career showcase. Had on campus interview, video-response interview, phone/presentation interview.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Plano, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Recruiters at university career fair conducted initial 1:1 interviews on campus with candidates.

Next and final round of interviews took place on-site. The day began in a group setting with a presentation about the company and to allow interviewees to mingle with each other and the various managers. Then 1:1 interviews began between interviewees and each manager. This was followed by lunch and final round of remaining interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First round is behavioral. They asked about what I did in college and just went over my resume. Asked about diversity questions and how I would react to conflicts. Not too bad. Got into second round in a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflicted with others.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met at a college campus event, was invited to a screening interview the day after. The interview was pretty short (30 min) and was 1 on 1. Consisted of only one technical question, which was fairly difficult.

Interview Questions

• Variation of the traveling salesman problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day., I just sent my resume on the career fair. and then they told me to have the interview next day. Sorry I am not have interview yet, after i have it , i will update my information.

Interview Questions

• describe a project that you worked on in the past, describe what part you played in it, describe the project architecture.   Answer Question