Texas Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Texas Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

It was difficult to get a job. I was in constant contact with hiring manager, but it took about 4 years to finally get a requisition freed up by corporate in Dallas.

Interview Questions

• a question on the board asking for a calculation to be performed in front of hiring manager.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Park, MD).

Interview

Went to the career fair at my school and talked with engineers at their booth. Was then allowed to talk to the head recruiter who wanted to schedule a technical interview with me the next day. Interviewed with them that following day.

Interview Questions

• Determining which sorting algorithm is best for certain situations? Followed by a question about audio processing?   Answer Question

Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Asked behavioral, technical, and resume based questions. Described the position I was applying for, what they did, and allowed me to ask questions. The interview was very relaxing and they helped anytime I got stuck on the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• To solve and describe an RC circuit.   1 Answer

IT Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They are mostly concerned with behavioral questions. Mostly a good resume will get you through to them and then it's all personality / behavior after that. Biggest tip is (and they tell you this) just be honest with them. If you didn't know something or on a past project failed or couldn't contribute. Let them know that but also try to think about takeaways. Throughout the entire process they were extremely kind and helpful. They treat you well throughout the process and communicate well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in March 2017.

Interview

45 minute interview discussing items on my resume. We also discussed some of my aspirations for what I wanted my career to be as they looked for if I was a right fit for Texas Instruments.

ACCESS Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Two on-site interviews, each with two interviewers. After that, we had a group activity where we are judged based on the results of the activity. Your previous interviewers are watching you, so be careful what you say and do.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. No technical questions unless you want to do accounting.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Walked in, everyone is nice. Pretty stress free. Nothing to worry about. Answer your question correctly and you will most likely get the job. Half technical half behacioral. Lasted 45 min

Interview Questions

• What is an op amp   2 Answers
    • What is the circuit of a low pass filter and what do they do   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with a manager that asks about your work experience and coursework in school. The on-site interview is two 1 hour interviews with three people where they asked all technical questions. There were no behavioural questions. They will ask you about what you know and then go in on that topic so don't lie and say you know something. The groups that interviewed me work in CPU and digital design. They asked software and hardware questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design flip-flop using transistors.   Answer Question
    • 2. Write a function in C and then convert it into assembly   Answer Question
    • 3. Explain setup time and hold time and how it contributes to the data path   Answer Question
    • 4. Design adder and then convert into subtractor   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to career fair. Had a on-campus interview the next day. The person interviewed me is a digital design engineer. 3 behavioral questions and 3 basic analog questions. Still waiting for the second round.

Interview Questions

• Non-inverting op-amp configuration, low-pass and high-pass filter   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was pre-recorded messages through Hirevue. Mostly behavioral questions.

Second interview was a video chat also through Hirevue. Questions are typical such as what talk about projects you've worked on and some behavioral questions. There were also questions about RLC filters and op-amps.

Third interview was onsite. There were additional op-amp/RLC filter questions. Additionally, candidates had to prepare a 4-6 slide presentation on a previous project. Depending on the interviewer, this may not be used at all.

Interview Questions

• Derive the cutoff frequency of a low pass RLC circuit.   Answer Question
    • Given a window comparator circuit, draw the output with a triangle-wave input.   Answer Question
    • Make different gates such as AND/OR using mosfets.   Answer Question
    • Draw a voltage follower and an inverting amplifier using op-amps.   Answer Question