Texas Instruments Digital Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

3.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It started with job fair where I got selected for an on-campus interview. I was asked questions based on my technical and behavioral skills. Next step was a 1-hour technical interview. It was a telephonic interview with two of the team members. I was supposed to give a short presentation on my project work. It was a good experience for me. I did not get selected in the final round.

Interview Questions

• Questions based of IC compiler and design compiler.   1 Answer
  • Questions based on my presentation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

The interviewer is Great, made me relaxed and move forward to telephone interview. Waiting for more information now.......The first round is just resume reviewing, not to difficult, but the thing may be not the same in the phone call interview.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2016.

Interview

I met the TI recruiters through my career fair in last fall. I had my first interview ( 30 mins) with them a day after. The interview went well, standard questions like setup and holdup were asked. At the end of the interview itself, the manager told me that I had cleared the round and I would be contacted for the next round within a week. The second interview was a telephonic one where I had to present my project. The manager also asked me standard digital logic question regarding the logic gates, PLL and so on. This time also the manager told at the end that I had cleared this round. The final round was at their headquarters in Texas. They flew me there and I was told that there will be 2 1-hour rounds. The 2 rounds went really well and after the rounds, the HR person took the candidates on the tour. However after the tour I was asked to stay back and had one more interview with another team, which went bad. I was informed after 2 months that I have been rejected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

it is a school show case...you need to register first and fill in the basic information about you...then you wait to be called by the employees...you delivered your résumé and they will ask you the things that you listed in the resume...the employees are all very kind.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

totally had 2 rounds, met them in university career fair. First round was both behavioral and technical, second round was fairly technical. The questions were easy. communication was good and they responded almost immediately to all the mails which I had sent. The questions asked were fairly basic ranging from problems in op-amp to CMOS. The second round had questions from flip-flops and shift registers. they were again simple and easy to solve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tempe, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through university link and got the campus interview several weeks later. Asked concepts about setup and hold time. Then a question about testing which I didn't answer it well. The last question was to draw the signal of a reset latch chain. I didn't get any response at last so I think I failed.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial screening at the Career fair. Scheduled a telephonic but later scrapped it and called me directly for an on-site. The on-site had 2 75 minute interviews with 15 minute break in between, each with 3 hiring managers.
    The questions had a mix of technical as well as behavioral. No topic was tested in depth and all they were trying to see is if we have some idea of the topic and if are able to apply our knowledge to answer the questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In the process.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surathkal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Surathkal (India)).

Interview

Through college(NITK, Surathkal) Test had hardware ( analog + digital) and Apti. Not a very systematic interview. There were two rounds of technical interview. You have to answer almost all the questions to get selected.

Interview Questions

• Draw state diagram for working of a lift for two floors   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (New Delhi (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

3 round..two tech one HR. THEY TAKE GOOD TECH ROUND AND IF THAT IS CLEAR THEN HR WILL BE NORMAL.THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLLY ALSO,BUT PROCESS WAS TOUGH,I cleared the written/online test rounds of both Texas Instruments and Qualcomm but couldn't clear the interviews. This was for 3rd year internship but Qualcomm had the same paper for both placement and internship.
     For TI, you need to be good at RC circuit analysis(really good at this), operational amplifiers, circuit theory, analysis of BJT circuits and MOSFET circuits . The questions are on circuits which can be tackled by applying concepts from all these areas. Example, You may have an operational amplifier circuit in combination with RC circuits or RC circuit in combination with a current source and diodes. So being strong with basics is the key to crack the paper. There is absolutely no need to study the complex circuits involving operational amplifiers. They question you on finding input and output impedances of the opamp or on finding the closed loop bandwidth. In the case of BJTs, small signal analysis is important. This is for analog domain.
     For digital, flip-flops, latches, setup and hold time(important) will do. I gave the test only for analog domain. Having seen the paper for digital, this is what I can infer.

Interview Questions

• FSM FLIP FLOP, VLSI BASICS , SET UP HOLD TIME AND ASK IN DETAIL ABOUT DIGITAL CIRCUITS AND ALL ABOUT DIGITAL INTREGRATED CIRCUITS.Qualcomm paper consisted of three sections. The first section had general aptitude questions. I cannot suggest anything on this.
        The second section was on programming which had basic questions on C ranging from datatypes to pointers. The first year course on computer applications is enough to answer most of the questions. You can expect questions on sorting techniques, structures, pointers, and finding asymptotic complexity and output of the given code. We had questions on the source of compile time or run time errors in a program and correcting the code for proper execution.
       The third section had basic electronics questions, both analog and digital. It was much simpler than that of TI. The main concepts to be good at are gates minimization, multiplexers, decoders, Canonical expressions, flip-flops, counters, BJTs.
       Both TI and Qualcomm may have a question or two on general topics such as maximum power transfer theorem, variation of parameters with temperature given the temperature co-efficient, which can be directly solved by data given.

So, working on basics will definitely help you a lot to clear the tests.
      14k Views · 142 Upvotes
      Upvote142   1 Answer

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

They first took a written test which consisted of three sections namely analog ,digital and aptitude . Depending on the performance in test they selected some students for both analog and digital profile and some for only one profile .Written test was tough.Then there was technical interview for shortlisted students .Interview was according to the profile a student was selected for. And finally HR round for the students who cleared technical rounds.

Interview Questions

• Layout of nand gate,setup and hold time related questions ,D flip flop using mux ,8:1 mux using 2:1 mux ,sizing of CMOS circuits, implementing logic function using only nand gates
      Some questions related to C were also asked : typedef ,#define, structures ,pseudo code of palindrome , binary search and some puzzles and probability questions   Answer Question