Texas Instruments Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

First Round: Behavioral questions. How do you work in a team? Describe a time you had an issue with a team member? What is your highest achievement?

Second Round: Technical Presentation and more behavioral questions. Describing a project i've worked on so it was easy to talk about. If you have any experience with testers it will probably focus on that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a For Loop and a While Loop? Which is worse?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Was asked to do an on campus interview for a Test Engineer. I was asked series of personality questions along with questions based on my resume. I was given a technical question which took up most of the interview time.

Interview Questions

• Asked me the fundamentals of how an NMOSTFET works. What happens when you drive a low signal to the gate and what happens when you drive a high signal to the gate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for precision analog amplifier tester; Typical interview process: Applied online, 1 hour phone screen, whole day face to face interview; 5 different interviewers; basic transistor and amplifier/filter questions, basic programming, plus some logic question;

Interview Questions

• What are positive feedback and negative feedback amplifier?; how do they look like?; how are they different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Interview process was two stages: The first was a phone screening lasting about an hour. This mostly consists of explaining the requirements of the position as well as reviewing your resume. The second was an onsite visit consisting of meeting with multiple personnel. Each asked technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

first it was a phone interview and if you clear that then face to face interview. Almost 10 managers interviewed me. Interview was from 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

It is on a job fair. I am looking for the job of test engineer. They first asked me some questions about the basic ideas of test engineer. They are not very interested in it I found. Therefore, I talked some about the test experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think make you outstanding than other canidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a six person, panel interview with basic questions about your resume. They basically wanted to see what kind of a person you were. Then, they ended with a three question, 10 minute session where you had to answer these questions from a small board on your own sheet of paper, while they all stared at you. At the end of this process, you explained your work and answers with the panel. The questions asked were:
    1) Find the equivalent resistance of a circuit.
    2) Solve a simple op amp circuit to give the output, relative to the resistors.
    3) Show what a transistor circuit example did.
    After this interview, free lunch was provided, a cheesy video was watched, and a brief description of the job/jobs were given to everyone interviewing, while the chance was had to meet a few people and ask about the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain what a basic transistor circuit did that was shown on a board.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR guy called and gave a salary number higher than expected, so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

It took about about 1 hour. There are two engineers. One of them is quiet but the other asks just puzzle questions. However, interview is not very friendly because he is not happy if you don't know the answer. The good thing is that it offers a nice trip to Dallas, and the hotel is very good.

Interview Questions

• Most of them are not about testing but puzzle question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager to determine interest in position. Tough technical interview over the phone after that. Flew to Dallas for on-site interview which lasted all day. Not enough time to explore the town or not be rushed, but fun process overall. HR needs to do a better job with maps/instructions/directions.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tucson, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Grueling interview process, almost 10 interviews, 3 over the phone and an onsite interview. Mostly technical followed by some HR Questions. Mostly technical questions, followed by a last round with HR.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions on OPAMP, RC Filter, transistor-level questions, questions from study projects   Answer Question