Texas Instruments Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.2

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (College Station, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

First went through a couple behavioral questions, then proceeded to a set of 4 technical questions that required me to solve some circuits and build an AND and XOR gate using CMOS gates.

Interview Questions

• Circuit with 8 resistors and different Voltage supplies with a diode in the middle, wanted me to find the voltage across the diode.   1 Answer
  • Write truth table for AND and XOR gates and then make both of them using CMOS transistors   Answer Question
  • Voltage divider with zener diode attached to the output, wanted me to describe how the output was affected by the diode   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Texas Instruments

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online before attending my school's career fair and talking to TI. I was then offered a next day interview. The interview was 30 minutes, and I expected it to be purely behavioral. Unfortunately after a few generic behavioral questions, my interviewer (a senior design engineer) pulled out pen and paper and grilled me on conceptual circuit questions (op-amps, inverters, an infinite lattice of resistors, transistors and diodes). He wasn't at all sympathetic if I didn't remember something from my classes, or if I hadn't learned something in class (like transistor circuits). I think whether or not technical questions are asked on the first interview is up to the interviewer, and they all seemed to be off the top of his head. He basically told me at the end that I'm unqualified and good luck in the future. TI also doesn't email you to tell you if you've been rejected.

Interview Questions

• What is the generalized impedance of an infinite lattice of resistors?   Answer Question
    • Given a square wave entering an op-amp circuit (can be any configuration depending on what the interviewer told me), draw the output wave.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with a manager that asks about your work experience and coursework in school. The on-site interview is two 1 hour interviews with three people where they asked all technical questions. There were no behavioural questions. They will ask you about what you know and then go in on that topic so don't lie and say you know something. The groups that interviewed me work in CPU and digital design. They asked software and hardware questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked with recruiters at my university's career fair, and they set me up with an on campus interview for the next day. This interview was mostly behavioral with one or two relatively easy technical questions.

A month later I was contacted about a phone interview. For this interview I had to create a presentation about something I had worked on in the past. After this interview I was flown to Dallas for the final round of interviews.

The Dallas interviews consisted of 4 separate interviews with mostly technical questions of moderate difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you have had with a project in the past, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

A group of UF alumni came to Campus and gave some on campus interview opportunity. The interview took 30 min per person. The questions shown in the interview were based on a simple circuit and let us analyze the circuit function.

Interview Questions

• a voltage to current transfer circuit, basic circuit analysis   Answer Question

Design Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (El Paso, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was my first job interview outside my school environment, i was nervous and anxious, i answered the questions based on my abilities but i guess i was not too prepared because of time (2 hours) notice. I hope to be called again for another interview soon.

Interview Questions

• What failures have you ever had at work   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Awkward Skype interview where I couldn't see the interviewer. 10 minute presentation followed by several technical questions (basic transistor operation, four point probe method, etc.). Not the most pleasant experience.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Texas Instruments.I got an on campus interview at the carrier showcase. The next day interview was relatively easy and I was told that they will contact me for a second round of interviews through email. but the next day I got an email that I was not selected for further interviews. guess they changed their mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Texas Instruments (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I got the basic interview through career fair where they just checked the resume and asked few simple questions. They scheduled another face to face interview the next day. The interviewer was friendly and the interview lasted for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly regarding the basics of MOS transistors, design of amplifiers etc and about the projects in resume.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Texas Instruments in September 2015.

Interview

Applied after speaking with a recruiter at a university career fair, had an on-campus behavioral interview, and then was contacted about a phone interview involving a screen-sharing technical presentation. The technical presentation was about a project on my resume, and the interviewers asked a few questions regarding my presentation and the design behind it. The second interviewer had a feeling of behavior gauging that extended a bit further than that of the on-campus behavioral interview. Follow-up e-mails were quickly responded to, and I was kept updated on the status of my application.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   Answer Question
    • Given X design (from a project), would you want to use an op amp capable of operating well beyond the needed voltage range?   Answer Question
    • What is the purpose of a diode with relation to the motor in Y design?   Answer Question