Trader Joe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Interview Questions

Interviews at Trader Joe's

2.3

Clerk Interview

Interview

easy very casual to do and was done in the stock room, didnt take more then 25 mins at most and was easy enough to handle it on my own, wish I had prepared myself more

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Fresno, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

One mate asked the interview questions while the other mate took notes about my answers. It was a familiar interview because I shop there regularly and they know me as a customer and previous applicant.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work with a difficult person   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

Fairly easy process, they really just want to know who you are and see that you're capable of the job (like most interviews, I suppose)
    They are looking for year-round workers because of the extent of the training, so I wouldn't apply unless you're willing to commit to that

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

We spoke in the back of the store and they mostly asked questions about customer service experience and teamwork. It was during COVID-19 when they were looking for temporary crew members to join the team.

Interview Questions

• What kind of person are you in a team?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in June 2020.

Interview

It was a fairly quick process. I waited for a job alert and applied as soon possible. They sent me an email the next day asking to schedule an interview. I met with two ‘mates’ or managers in the back room and it was overall pretty informal. They asked a lot about leadership (what are the characteristics in good leaders, bad leaders, what kind of leader I am). They also asked about sense of humor a couple times. They’re looking for people with fun personality and someone people oriented.

The interview lasted about 30 minutes. They told me they’d take about 4-6 days to let me know if I qualified for a second interview. Luckily before I left the store I was able to do it right then and there. I met with their ‘captain’, assuming the general manager, and he asked relatively the same questions and talked more about scheduling and hours. He told me he’d give me a call the next day to let me the decision after he talked it over with the other two mates.

Overall, pretty relaxed, informal, and around 30 - 40 min for each interview.

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Newport News, VA) in May 2020.

Interview

It was more so about who you are as an individual and what you bring to the work environment, rather than your qualifications. They were really curious about my previous employment but in terms of how that translates to working for their company.

Interview Questions

• What frustrates you in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Fairfield, CT) in May 2020.

Interview

applied online through website. after that you either get an email saying you didn't get it or that they would like to meet you. you then have an interview where they ask basic simple interview questions. you hear back in a week as to if you got it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

The interview process was really really really really easy. they asked about my history and experience. The told me the wage and asked if it was ok. I accepted the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Springfield, VA) in March 2020.

Interview

Quite frankly, I'm unsure if the experience as a whole was negative or if the first impression just made it seem uncomfortable.

The person whom greeted me was not the most pleasant, first off (seemed very guarded). Then I find out no one was aware of the screening. [As a side note, a big chunky man interrupts in a tone as though I was intentionally blocking the door to the 'manager's podium'. What is up with the managers here!?!]

After given the skunk eye from the chunky manager, I was back with the 'lost' manager (the first manager) to start the screening. Not sure if other people being there is just company culture; if the managers want others to also chime in and have their 2 cents; or another matter I can not wrap my head around, but it was quite odd to have 3-4 other people sitting in the same room, listening and judging the process along the way.

All-in-all,
    The screening manager was QUITE judgmental and wanted to MAKE SURE I knew he was a manager. If you really want to work here, anticipate the manager considering you an ignorant novice, who will be surprised that you inquired about the community's & and economy's affect on the business.

(This review was written immediately after leaving the premise. There was no offer to accept nor reject.)

Interview Questions

• About your work background, interested in you personal details! (that did not pertain to the position), if you shopped at Trader Joe's and what your favorite product is, ....   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Williamsburg, VA).

Interview

Very friendly, easy and relaxed environment. The whole team was very welcoming and warm. Really seems like a great place to work and great people to work with. They made the job description and duties very clear. They answered all the questions I had and were honest and upfront.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you solved a conflict at work   Answer Question