Trader Joe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.3

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

Turned in application in person, was scheduled for interview the next day. Easy interview, mostly emphasizing how you fit within the Trader Joe's culture. Customer service related questions - most important. Friendly demeanor a plus.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

My interview was done while the store opened. They were quick about it, asked availability, experience, and just some small talk sentences. It was a pleasant and relaxed interview surrounded by a construction for building the insides of the store. It was also a wonderful experience to watch the creating the wonderful hand painted decor that Trader Joe's is known for. It gave a nice little look into their company, which I had no idea about at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I went to a job fair for a new location and was interviewed by crew members, then asked to return to interview with manger in two days. I was offered the job the next business day. They focus on customer service experience and qualities that would add to the team.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most challenging parts of your current job?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

The interview process is informal and comfortable. They ask about your work history and try to get a feel for your personality in regards to interactions with coworkers and customers

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

Very laid back. I truly enjoyed the interview and getting to know who I would be working for. Best company to work for quite honestly and the best people around.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Oakland, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I filled out the application and heard back within a day or two. After that recieve a call to schedule an in person interview at the store. I was interviewed by two people, both higher than the crew member position. They asked about my availability once again. Talked about how demanding it can be. Then contacted me less than a week after the interview about whether they were hiring me or not. They made it pretty casual even asking question beyond the job and were great considering how nervous I was.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

Never was given a chance to interview. Dropped my application with the mate and was told that they will call me. They never did. I am a people person and love TJs. I have retail experience, but possibly too much education. Still no reason to ignore qualified candidates when I see very high turnover in the store with new faces every week.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Long Beach, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I went to 3 Traders Joe's in my area and ask to talk with the manager to leave my application in their hands. The 3 places were very busy but the managers still had time to give me a minute and ask me a couple of questions and they were really nice and helpful to me. I felt very confident when they told me that they were going to call me back in the next 2 or 3 weeks after applying.
    I finally have my interview this Monday....

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Trader Joe's?   1 Answer

F/T Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in March 2018.

Interview

Two official interviews each with two staff. Interviewers were friendly and the questions were typical of any interview. Know why you want to work there and be familiar with their company values/environment and you'll be just fine. If they don't offer a job on the first round but you interviewed well, they'll recommend you reapply at another date (generally when they have more openings).

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Interview

Interviews are conducted by a manager and a store captain, two interviews total. Then you will be called back and either offered or declined the job. It was a laid back set of interviews, without too many difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you currently doing?   1 Answer