Trader Joe's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,024 of over 1.0K interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trader Joe's

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Chicago, IL) in Aug 2019

Interview

I applied at a new store so got an interview right away (they usually do these on the spot if you drop off an application) and was told to bring a portfolio of my work. They asked me some basic questions about myself like why I wanted to work there, my work history, and my favorite TJ's product/if I shop there. They basically ask you a bunch of Q's to see how well you can hold a conversation. Vibe check to see how you'll handle chatting people up at the register so just be yourself and let that personality sparkle. For sign artists- they really see if you've got neat handwriting/lettering skills and ask you to copy a price tag on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • Do you shop at Trader Joe's?
    1 Answer
5 people found this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

Fun and laid back did not feel like I was being interrogated . Did a short kind of interview when I turned in my application then got called back for a more formal interview

Interview Questions
  • Just basic questions about why i wanted the job and my knowledge of the product

Trader Joe's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in Jun 2021

Interview

I applied online and was told I would hear back within 3 weeks. I received an email the next day telling me to call and set up an interview which was scheduled the next day (very quick response times all around so far!). The interview was with two members of the leadership team and it seemed like they were doing a "good cop/bad cop" type of approach - one interviewer keeping a good flow of conversation/laughing and the other asking more "interview-esque" questions. It definitely felt as if my personality was being analyzed the entire time but I did feel very comfortable. Overall, it was one of the more in-depth interviews I've had for a position like this. I was told I'd hear back next week if I will be returning for an interview with a "captain," and then from there will be informed if an offer will or won't be made.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite Trader Joe's item?
  • How would your previous co-workers describe you?
  • How did you handle a situation in which other co-workers were not performing their tasks?
  • When was a time in which you made a connection with a customer?
  • Is there a time in which a conflict arose between you and another co-worker? If so, how did you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in Jun 2021

Interview

great interview, it was very relaxed and straight forward. The interviewer was extremely kind and I loved the environment of the store and the staff. I hoped to get in but didn't due to many applicants.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

Super easy. Friendly. They ask about your hobbies and interests. Just be honest and straight forward and i am sure you will do great! They just want to get to know you as a person

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

Great so we my get freq fd and I then will come to now the best in all the ways to be. What is the next step in let me be quick fox red bed so I know to go

Interview Questions
  • Who are you and where are you going
  • Who am I are you and where are We going
  • Who are you and where are you going

Trader Joe's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

They were really nice during the interview. It was pretty swift and easy. Just be your authentic self and also have confidence in your responses. Make sure you are friendly too and dont brag too much because that will come off wrong.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

short and simple with friendly approach, easily to understand questions as well as professional setting. Never felt like the questions were too hard or misleading, would recommend to a friend due to the atmosphere and experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

The interview is easy, talking to their managers or captain—basic interview questions, friendly and nice. Usually, they will call you within a week about your results. Most people can get in if they are optimistic and willing to work hard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Trader Joe's

Application

I interviewed at Trader Joe's

Interview

It was very chill and they all asked very easy questions. Every one that goes in will feel relaxed. You are going to do very well. Don't be nervous. They all tried to be as nice as possible.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Media, PA)

Interview

The interview process was with four captains and then the final interview with Regional manager. Very culture and people focused, very friendly laid back lived the whole process. There are no offices to interview in so be prepared to interview at the loading dock or some small area in the back of the store.

Interview Questions
  • How do you lead people, and what success stories do you have .
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,024 Interviews