Trader Joe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2018

2.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

email after 7 week of waiting, said that I was qualified for the position but they did not have any at this time. they want to contact me as positions opened up in my area. I got the impression that they were just looking for future candidates and did not have a real job offer.

Interview Questions

• if I was still interested in the position   1 Answer

Cleaner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

very brief interview asking some basic questions about myself, like my previous working experience and why do I choose the job and etc. The employee was very friendly, kind and nice. I think that I did pretty well on the interview.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trader Joe's in May 2014.

Interview

I turned in the application and was given a card with a number. The lady said that there were no jobs available, but if anything were to come up she would call me. She asked about experience and education, but asked if i would apply back during the start of the school year.

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Orange, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Great! Two step interview, one with two mates and the other with the Captain and the scheduler of the store. The questions they asked were directed towards mostly my personality and the things I had written down on my resume. Other than that the process was rather simple and they were very kind through the entire interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a penguin the freezer?   78 Answers

Itern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Canton, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

it was fair with a few odd ball questions. Interviewer was straight forward. They did take a while to call me in which was fine. I did not get a tour of the job site

Interview Questions

• how much do you want to get paid   1 Answer

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

It took three interviews to get hired - each with a different person. Talking about experience and how you would fit into the role - what you could bring to the store. The final interview was a three person review. Best advice is be yourself - enthusiastic about the products and company.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Trader Joes product?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Interview

I was told by a young man half my age that I was not getting an interview in person, because I was not qualified.

I feel this is age discrimination. I have great references and years of organic market and sales experience. I also have a culinary degree and a food handler certifcation.

It is poor business practice to not interview qualified applicants. Disappointing.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Paramus, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a low-key interview process conducted in the breakroom. The manager was friendly and seemed a little zany. Part of the interview included coworkers making comments and getting involved in the process themselves.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

STAGE 1: Introduction. Lasting approximately two to three minutes, you are meeting the interviewers and being escorted to the interview room. ...
    STAGE 2: Q&A. The longest portion of the interview, this is when the employer asks you questions and listens to your responses. ...
    STAGE 3: Your Questions. ...
    STAGE 4: Closing.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

They asked me about my background and to describe myself. They asked me about my previous work experience and how I thought I would be able to make a good fit at trader joes.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with a problem?   1 Answer