Trader Joe's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trader Joe's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.3

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

Turned in application in person, was scheduled for interview the next day. Easy interview, mostly emphasizing how you fit within the Trader Joe's culture. Customer service related questions - most important. Friendly demeanor a plus.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

I was sat down with a Mate, or assistant manager, who reviewed my resume and the store's Captain, or general manager, in a room. They asked me a few standard questions and sent me on my way until I heard back from them about the job.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to be a part of the team at Trader Joe's?   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult situation at your last job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

Easy and informational interview. Just wanted to get to know you and what the store had to offer. Had an interview with two people and got called back the next day to speak with the manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (New York, NY).

Interview

I got there early and signed up on a sheet to get called into my interview. The lady who interviewed me was kinda mean and super tired. When she spoke to me she never looked at me, ignored my question and wanted to get it over with. I was eager and ready for a great interview. Hopefully everyone else gets lucky and doesn't get her. If I had a better person I would've gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered a harsh situation and how did you work it out?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

Went in to the help desk to turn in my application and they said they'd be in touch. This is the first mini interview stage. I haven't heard back yet.

Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

When I went into the store to hand in my application and resume, the managers (mates) were very friendly, and one interviewed me on the spot. It was very casual and only took about five minutes. He told me that there would be three interviews, and this was the first one. We arranged the next one for two days later. This one lasted about half an hour, and covered questions I expected. This manager was also very friendly and personable, and our interview was more like a conversation. The next day, I met with the captain, or general manager of the store. He asked similar questions to the previous two interviews, though he also discussed wages, then at the end asked, "Why should I hire you?" I was a bit nervous, but they called me the next day to say they are hiring me.

Crew Member Interview

Interview

Quick, fun, simple. I enjoyed the on the spot interview and I learned even more about the position. I knew from the start that working my first job there was going to be the experience of a lifetime.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

I turned in my application in person and the mate asked if I had a minute to step outside. We took a few minutes to have a very casual interview and review the application.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview

They asked me about my background and to describe myself. They asked me about my previous work experience and how I thought I would be able to make a good fit at trader joes.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with a problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Trader Joe's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Met with manager and mate for informal interview. Was made to feel comfortable right away and was asked common sense questions about work ethics, personality, how I would react in certain situations, etc.