Vanguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vanguard Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Basic phone interview first. In person 2nd interview with a case study. Questions regarding what you know about the company and general financial markets. Questions regarding career goals and what you're looking for. Trying to see if you'd fit with the culture

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard in April 2017.

Interview

Interview went as if they were ready to hire on the spot. Questions were very easy, and the interviewer was nurturing if you went off tangent. Basically wanted to make sure you got the job assuming you were qualified and not arrogant.

Interview Questions

• Name one time when you had to teach a coworker or classmate how to do something?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and several weeks later I was called to schedule a phone screen. That was rescheduled on the day it was supposed to occur. Received a follow up phone interview a couple weeks later with the hiring manager. That was rescheduled on the day it was supposed to occur.

Both calls were pretty muted and didn't provide me with much feedback one way or the other. Evidently I wasn't a good fit because I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite restaurant in Malvern?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example a major mistake you made and then how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an in person interview at their headquarters in PA. In person interview was an all-day session including several one-on-one interviews and a lunch interview with previous graduates in the program.

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Went to their offices for an in person interview about 2 weeks later. Was given a case study and role played a phone call with a customer. Then interviewed with someone else for a traditional interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a mutual fund? Stock? Bond? Exchange traded fund? Behavioral questions using STAR method. Participated in role play of phone call with customer.   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Asked basic questions like why was I interested in the company, salary, past experiences, etc. They followed it up with specific java related questions and experience working in groups. Overall wasn't bad and the recruiter was very polite.

Interview Questions

• What does .equals do/mean
      What is garbage collection
      How do you concatenate strings
      Answer Question

Senior Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

In general, I had a very positive experience. The recruitment was a lengthy process. During the interview I was primarily asked a lot of behavioral/STAR questions - situation, task, action, result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to adjust your approach and how that was perceived   Answer Question

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

This process consisted of a quick phone interview, a more in-depth interview, followed by an in person interview/Q&A session. I thought the process was fantastic. Your recruiter will give you all the information you need, and they are so incredibly nice. Study for the interview. Be excited to be there. It's not super difficult but it's definitely a plus to be over prepared. Lots of behavioral questions, and then a case study. Have fun with it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were overwhelmed at work and how you handled it.   Answer Question

College to Corporate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

An hour phone call, consisted of a resume rundown, behavioral questions, followed by information about the program. The recruiter whom I spoke with was nice on the phone, and the overall phone call seemed a very conventional process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lacked information to do a task, but proceeded to do it.   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in person group interview. Don't focus too much on needing to know details about investing but have a basic understanding of terms. It sounds like these interviews are a chance for them to hire for multiple roles all at once, so be aware that your offer may be for a role you didn't apply for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you changed your approach based on feedback from a customer.   1 Answer