Vanguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Basic phone interview first. In person 2nd interview with a case study. Questions regarding what you know about the company and general financial markets. Questions regarding career goals and what you're looking for. Trying to see if you'd fit with the culture

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Honestly they ask you just questions around the STAR format. Does not matter what position you apply for, all the questions are the same. They usually will have you do some role playing.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

This review is for the last position I was in, I was already an employee, it was 2 interviews, with the team leader and then manager. The process took over a month.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Valley Forge, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

There are multiple interviews. My interview had an assessment that you cannot really prepare for. What happens is you have initial interviews and then you meet with the higher ups in your secondary interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior based. If you don't have common sense, you're not getting to the next round.   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Went through initial HR screening, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and later a group interview with the team- interviewers were pleasant and relaxed, structured to assess cultural fit. After the final interview, I received almost immediate positive feedback from HR that I would be made an offer for the position. Several days later I was offered a more junior level position instead with no guarantees on promotion.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanguard in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application through my university's career website and received an email from a recruiter the same day asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone screen lasted 30 minutes and included some basic questions on Java and Object Oriented Programming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2-3 weeks. I had an initial phone interview that included behaivoral questions and a few OOP questions specifically geared towards Java. I was offered at the end of the phone interview to come on site in Charlotte for an onsite interview, they paid for the hotel I stayed in. Very friendly people, you have breakfast and then work on a case study for 20min, very simple, then you have two 1 hour interviews, one technical where you go over your case study, no coding questions, and the other behaivoral. They also feed you lunch. My advice for the technical interview is make sure you know your stuff when it comes to Java, they ask a lot of textbook style questions that I had trouble with, it was probably what caused me not to get an offer. I was notified over a week later that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain final, finally and finalize as it pertains to Java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

2 interviews, one technical and one behavioral they offered breakfast and lunch as well, overall it was a good experience. Also they let you meet the company's leaders and what not

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to face a difficult situation and how did you overcome that situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

Started off with a technical phone screening that took 30 minutes. Then flew into Malven, PA. The interview took a whole day where they had an hour behavioral interview and an hour technical intervew.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? Explain benefits. What is the difference between object and class in java?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanguard in October 2016.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my university. A recruiter contacted me to set up a phone interview via email a few days later. Asked normal questions about me and things I had listed on my resume. Then the interviewer dived right into the technical questions. All of the questions were fundamental questions about Java.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone call initially which asked a few basic programming questions, then invited me to stay at a hotel the night before in Malvern, PA and had an extensive talk with multiple people on their team. Asked various behavioral and technical questions very nice, but challenging questions