Vanguard Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,329 of over 1.3K interviews

Recruiter11%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Vanguard

Application

I interviewed at Vanguard

Interview

Applied online, got a phone screen. Behavioral and technical questions, but they weren't horribly difficult. Advanced to a super day which is virtual because of the pandemic. Good process overall.

Interview Questions
  • Question: What is Quantitative Easing?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (New York, NY) in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied for a job, but contacted by recruiter to interview with Head of Cloud for different role. Video interview with general background and questions. Seemed ok, but not my best interview. Received terse form-type email stating they're not interested in moving forward. No follow up or personal email, which I found quite rude. FYI - their cloud technology and frameworks sound very antiquated.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vanguard

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard in Jun 2021

Interview

3 steps interview process. First, you will get a link to HackerRank assessment with 3 algorithm problems (easy-medium) and a few theory questions. I was waiting for the response after the first step for 2 weeks and finally decided to reach out to a recruiter on LinkedIn. That helped a lot, and we scheduled a call as the next step of the interview process. Just regular questions about background, experience, etc. In a few days, I received an email with an invitation to the last round which consists of two main parts: behavioral and technical. Nice interviewers. Need to be ready to answer a lot of theory questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a peer? Three main strengths and three weaknesses. Why Vanguard and what you can bring to the company? OOP, functional paradigm, its pros and cons. Polymorphism. IoC, Normalization in SQL, Exceptions, Error Handling, Multithreading, CI/CD, DevOps. Algorithm: given two strings, permutations of each other or not. How would you create a tool to define if a person is ready to retire.

Vanguard

Application

I interviewed at Vanguard

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with role play, and second in person interview with more personal questions. Fairly standard process. Two in person interviews were done in one session. Offer was received within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vanguard

Application

I interviewed at Vanguard

Interview

STAR format with a case study, role play, and debrief. Questions focused on how you prioritize and handle adversity. Role play scenario is designed to see how quickly you can build rapport and your ability to assess need

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vanguard

Application

I interviewed at Vanguard

Interview

Had to take a coding test, then was given a standard phone screen. Received another phone interview before being invited to a "super day." Overall, the process was great, and the super day was structured well.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Vanguard?

Vanguard

Application

I interviewed at Vanguard

Interview

Phone interview with HR. This was followed by an on site interview alongside the other candidates with various Vanguard employees ranging from HR to IT staff. Typically informal conversations for the most part. Seems to emphasize soft skills.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly behavioral questions, emphasizing the STAR response method. They seemed to be pulled from a standard list of STAR questions.

Vanguard

Application

I interviewed at Vanguard

Interview

Online screening with practicing job role, phone interview 45 mins , q/a presentation, video interview with recruiter, same day job offer, scheduled training, waiting on offer letter should be Monday,

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vanguard

Application

I interviewed at Vanguard

Interview

One call from recruiter to discuss the role Two in person interviews face to face at their office Final call from recruiter to make offer and discuss benefits etc. Drug screen

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in May 2021

Interview

30-45 minute phone interview with recruiter with about self, why you want to work at Vanguard, what you know about Vanguard, and the more basic STAR questions. If applicable, virtual interview follows. This starts off with a group presentation that goes more in-depth about job specifics and the company itself. Same day at specified time, 1:1 interview with team leader. Here you want to be more specific with your answers and the STAR questions can be more complicated, yet specific.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that your solution to a problem was the wrong solution and how you handled it.
1 person found this interview helpful