Virtua Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.6

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and a recruiter called me on Monday to let me know to fill out a little questionnaire. I did and he called me again on Thursday to do a short 15 minute phone interview, mostly about availability and interest in the position. He let me know there was going to be an interview day in person (with other applicants) 2 weeks after the call and had me set up an appointment.

I went to the career center for the interview with a handful of other applicants (probably 10-ish while I was there). The receptionist was very friendly and had me fill out some consent forms and handed me a folder of information about the position, which I was very grateful for.

I sat and waited about 5 minutes for the first interview with the recruiter. She informed me about the position, what kind of hours to expect, the requirements for the job. She asked a few easy questions about my interest in Virtua, in this particular position, and my availability and flexibility. She really set the mood for the rest of the day - cheerful, relaxed, and friendly. I'm usually a mess during interviews, but her demeanor made it easy to relax. This part was about 15 minutes long.

She send me back out to the waiting room to wait for the next interview. I waited about 30-40 minutes. There were other applicants there to chat with and the receptionist was very welcoming and made jokes with us, so the wait wasn't too bad.

They called me in for the next part, which was an interview with 3 managers at the various locations I'd be working at. They gave me a little more information about the position and asked a few more questions about my availability and which locations were most convenient for me. Again, very relaxed environment and easy questions. They appreciated that I researched all of the locations and the company a bit before the interview. This part was probably 10 minutes long.

They sent me back out and I waited again for about 10 minutes before getting called back by the general x-ray manager for Virtua. She asked me questions about my clinical education, my strengths, my priorities as a healthcare provider, and my experience with different equipment and technology. This part felt very conversational, as if she were really trying to get to know me. This part was about 15 minutes long.

After those three interviews, they let me know that they'd email when they made a decision, within the next week. The next morning, I got an email with an offer.

Overall, a very positive experience. The career center is fantastic with calming your nerves and allowing you to project your best self. Just make sure to research the company thoroughly beforehand, especially their values. If you're applying as a per diem tech, make sure you know the locations of all the Virtua centers and make sure to say the magic words -- "I'm flexible". Also bring your medical license, CPR card, and a few resumes.

Outcomes Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then I was contacted via email for interview. Scheduled for interview with HR and then with hiring manager the same day. Both appointments went very smoothly and timely.
    I'm waiting to hear decision.

Interview Questions

• Something to improve about myself   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Marlton, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

I found the interview process professional and detailed. I took the questionnaire first, then had a phone interview with an HR representative, then I had a face to face interview with the hiring manager and an HR representative. Everyone I met with was very nice and open about Virtua and the position. I do not feel that the interviews were meant to trick an applicant. The conversation was informative.

Patient Registrar Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health in June 2017.

Interview

The receptionist is great. She greeted me with a folder with information of the position applied for. Met with 3 interviewers the 1st asked all of the typical interview questions, the 2nd asked the question based on how I would handle difficult situations and the 3rd asked questions on how would I deal with difficult staff members.

Equipment Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health.

Interview

When I found the location, I was greeted by someone, who was not even the receptionist, and instructed on where to wait for my interview. While waiting, many other employees greeted me and asked if I needed help. It was my first stress-free interview because my interviewer was very understanding and pleasant. The questions were rather basic so that only helped.

Interview Questions

• Why were you interested in applying to a job at a hospital, specifically this one?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online on the Virtua website. I then was given a phone interview and the following week a face to face interview. They said they would follow up with me within the next few days to set up a 3rd interview with the mananger i would be working for!

Interview Questions

• How have you handled difficult situations with people in the past?   1 Answer

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I was greeted by the receptionist, given a folder with all information on the process & on the job duties. I was then greeted by the talent acquisition consultant & taken into an office to be interviewed. He basically asked me my current job status, responsibilities, & my past job experience. I was then taken to another person to be interviewed. I was basically asked how I have reacted or responded in different work situations that may arise on the job. After that, I was taken to another room to be asked basically the same type of questions by two other people. All in all, It went well & was completed in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Why did I feel I would be qualified for the position & what could I bring to the positon.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied before taking NCLEX and was told that in order to begin the interview process I needed to be licensed. The woman in HR gave me her direct contact info and I contacted her the day after I found out I passed and had a license number. She was very quick to respond and I had an in person interview within one week. I attended the interview with the recruiting officer for the location in which I applied. While I waited I was given a packet with information on the company, health benefits and so on. The interview was great! I truly felt that my interviewer was interested in getting to know me and to see if I was a good fit for the job. I answered some questions and we went over my resume and job history. Next, I was told how the interview process will work and I was scheduled for interview number two before the interview concluded. In total the interview was about 30 minutes or so. I felt it was very professional and my interviewer was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time during your clinical that you felt you truly made a difference.   1 Answer

RN Med/Surg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Cherry Hill, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by telephone to confirm my credentials and was scheduled for an interview the following Monday. When I arrived I was greeted by the receptionist and woman I was scheduled to interview with came out at our scheduled time. She asked approximately 12 question from a list of "typical" interview type questions. She was friendly, professional and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What would a former manager if contacted say about you   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virtua Health (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

I was greeted by the Receptionist at Virtua Career center.I signed a background check form.She made copies of two important documents for her records.She handed me a folder with Virtua's mission,values, policy etc.I waited a few minutes for the first interview ,then shortly after I was interview by another talent acquisition consultant.Finally, I was interviewed again by the first interviewer but just for a couple minutes.Overall, the Interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you?   1 Answer