Walt Disney Company Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled by a recruiter. It took about 2 weeks before I got a phone interview request. The interviewer was rather dull and went right to the questions one after another, below are a couple of those questions that I remembered?

Interview Questions

• What is L1 and L2 Cache in Hibernate?
    What is the purpose of the fork/join framework that has been incorporated since java 7?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by 4 different people, starting with dev's and ending with development manager. Typical "technical" coding question, implement a stack. Those types of questions are no longer appropriate, when was the last time you had to implement a Stack collection from scratch. OO Design & decomposition questions are much better, but they only asked technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Implement a Stack. Last time I'd done that was around 1992, but I was still able to code this from memory. It was a stupid question, revealing nothing about my ability to solve problems and code solutions given that NO ONE EVER implements Stacks by hand anymore.

Second interview asked to implement a function that returns true/false if a binary tree is well constructed.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

A phone call with the manager, followed by a technical/business discussion. A bit of salary negotiation, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was hired for a niche expertise which they needed but didn't have. They did not ask extremely difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed for Disney Interactive Media Group (http://dimg.disneycareers.com/). I had read and heard reviews from a friend who used to work there. The Technology, Compensation, Rewards, learning and development prospects are simply excellent. I understand that the employee satisfaction ratio is pretty good too.

Interview Questions

• The response was quick (it was an employee referral), the Recruiter did not brief me about the role or team, but asked me talk (talk and not a interview) to the Hiring Manager the same evening for 15-20mins to get to know more about the company, team and role. And so the Hiring Manager calls me in the evening.

He does not introduce himself except for his name. The next question was, "what are you currently working on?". I explained him about my role, product, technology and some features I am working on, taking 2-3 mins. And then the firing begins.

In the next 20 to 22 mins he asks me about 35 questions! Well was it a rapid fire round?!? It was simply disgusting. He hardly had any telephone etiquette either. When I tried answer a question in detail or with an example, he often cut short me saying, "leave it" (well, I knew what I was talking).

He remarked C++ was not a Object Oriented Language. While trying to explain pros and cons of Java and C++, he cut me off and asked, "okay, then tell me the difference b/w overriding and overloading". He kept on throwing question at me just like a rapid fire round in a Quiz competition. None of them were related to DataStructures, Algorithms, Design like the regular interview question.

Midway, he asked - "Do you have any questions for me?". I thanked him for asking and told him that, I had not spoken to the recruiter and asked him to brief me about the team, technology and role. To which his response was, "We work heavily on Java. Everything is on Java a lot of it". And that is all he said....At some point I really wanted to cut the call and call it, the end. If he is a Java/J2EE guru so be him. I was not trying to get any certification here.

One of his questions goes like this..... "You have developed on Unix right. So, tell me the command to kill a process in Unix". I disliked the way the question were put or even the transition from one topic to other. In short, this was the worst interviewer I have ever spoken to in my 8+ years of Development career. And never expected it would be from Disney!

Aside: While interviewing candidates, I have always received guidelines and training from my Manager and HR on how and what to talk to an candidate. An interviewer is a representative of the Company. And in this case he was a Manager. Well, I thought the title comes with some respectable qualities and much better presentation.
      2 Answers

I wouldn't ever want to work under such a hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with development team. They asked typical tech questions..

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 day with 4 or 5 in person interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you implement capturing a bit stream of input coming in from a device in Java?   1 Answer