Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,117 Interview Reviews

2.8

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview took place in a conference given that everyone in the office just had a desk as their work station, including the CEO. It is a very relaxed and easy going environment. The interviewer listened and questioned about career objectives to see if the position will be a good fit. The interviewer clearly thinks highly of the company and is willing to share the current status of how the company is doing. In the end, I was told I was over qualified for the position and it indeed seems like this company attracts mostly young and fresh graduates and they are hiring.

Interview Questions

• How confident are you to work with the business team when you run into conflicts of interest?   Answer Question

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by another phone interview with managers, video chat- case and then in-person interview rounds. Met with several different managers from the different teams to gauge a fit

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Orem, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied, received a phone interview. Was told what positions were open, how much they paid and asked which one I would be interested in. They pretty much offered me the job over the phone. Told me to get back with them if I was interested.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Hebron, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed multiple times with different people, but mostly stayed in touch with one of them throughout the whole process. I did an in-person interview and a test shoot. The people there were really nice and considerate. I could tell they would be awesome people to work with. After the in-person interview, I stayed in touch with someone who is updating me on the position. I'm very pleased with how much they've stayed in contact with me about the role.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really have an unexpected question. It felt like more of an interview/conversation rather than a formal interview, and I enjoyed that. It made me feel more at ease and allowed me to loosen up.   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Westborough, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for this position at this company twice. The first time I applied, I had a phone interview that seemed to go very well and was told that I'd be contacted soon after. I was never contacted again, and it was disappointing that they never even bothered to inform me that they were no longer interested. The second time I applied, a few months later, I had a phone interview with a different person and it went quite well. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview, which was interesting because it mostly entailed helping out a photographer on set to be observed. It was a positive experience and although I did not get an offer, I was kindly sent an email with a professional explanation and well-wishes.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Hebron, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick ,easy ,you can breathe and show up you got a job. Not highly selective,show a little common sense and respect you will get a job especially if you are not picky.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

getting the interview was really fast, I had applied online and talked with tlaent management a day later and within another two days had scheduled my interview. however the actual interview process was super long and i was there for over 3 hours and met with a number of different teams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

Here's a timeline of the process...
    I was first contacted in late June about the opening.

My first phone screening was in mid-July.

I had a case study in early August.

I was brought in for an interview in early September.

I didn't hear back until late September. Some of this was because of my availability. However, a lot of it was because they took weeks to get back and send follow ups.

They told me the reason for the rejection was because of my analytical ability. Wayfair shouldn't waste time flying someone out who they don't think has the analytical ability for the job. I feel like they should determine that before the final round of interviews. I passed the case study on the Google hangout and analyze data on a regular basis at my current role. Everyone there seemed extremely young. I didn't see anyone over the age of 36 during my time there. They seem to be hiring in a lot of young inexperienced people. Wayfair seems to only care about data not their employees, customers, or products.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR that lasted about 20 minutes. She was very nice and made you feel comfortable. Be prepared for basic questions and a long situational question.

Interview Questions

• Why Wayfair?
      Tell me about your experiences that makes you a good fit for this role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter was professional and helpful to ensure I was prepared every step along the way. However, the process was far too drawn out for a position paying mid-40K. As an out-of-state candidate, I initially went through a 45-min phone screen with the recruiter. A week later I had received positive feedback and heard I would be moving forward to a Google Hangout, where I would be sent a case study and speak about different metrics. I spent 45 minutes speaking with a member of the team. About 2 weeks later I was invited to an in-person interview. They had scheduled back-to-back 45 min interviews with five managers. It felt more like a test in endurance than anything else. It was a mix between scenario based questions and another case study. The best tip I can offer is to be well versed in all metrics and KPI's, and to have a source of caffeine handy to keep up your energy towards the end...

Interview Questions

• What is the cost you must negotiate given retail price and markup (asked during initial phone interview)?   Answer Question