Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

This is for the Entry-Level Software Engineer role for the Wayfair labs programme.
    I applied to Wayfair through an Employee Referral in the first week of January.
    I was contacted by a recruiter within 12-15 days, and the whole process took 2 weeks.

Phone Screen:
    The recruiter scheduled a brief call and asked about my experience, what do I know about the company and their programme. They might throw in a couple of questions regarding your projects and how well you have worked in a team. Having PHP on your resume is a bonus as they work on that a lot.

Coding Challenge + Code Sample :
    The recruiter sends a Coder-pad link, with a question on it. You have to complete it 60 minutes. The question is fairly easy. They will also ask you to send them a code sample. It can be any project you have worked which can show your coding abilities. (Make sure its modular and well commented and follows the coding standards).

Technical Interview (60 minutes)
    Once an engineer reviews the coding challenge and your sample, the recruiter will schedule a phone interview with an engineer (60 minutes). You will work on the same Coder-pad link of the coding challenge.
    The engineer will ask you about a couple of projects you have worked on.
    He will then ask you to explain your code which you did in the challenge. Make sure you read it before the interview and analyze for time/space complexity and could you have done it with a better approach.
    He will move on to a php question. He will throw in a PHP code and ask you to explain and debug it (mostly related to an edge case) and then try to find what output it will generate.
    This part was tricky because not everyone has worked with PHP a lot. But you can ask him to explain certain syntax you aren't able to understand. This part checks your presence of mind.
    The last leg of the interview was a VERY easy array based question. Try to throw in a couple of alternative solutions and compare their time and space complexity.

Behavioral Round:
    After I cleared the technical interview, the recruiter scheduled a behavioral round of 30 minutes. The Wayfair labs programme manager will take this round mostly and will ask you all those tricky behavioral questions. They will focus on how can you work in a situation of conflict, or a difficult person.

Final call with the recruiter :
    After the behavioral round, the recruiter scheduled a call within 2 days providing an update on my candidacy.

Overall Experience:
    Very good. The recruiter was very prompt.
     The interviewers made sure I was comfortable talking to them. They were looking for a conversation than a traditional interview.

Tips/Suggestions :
    1. Try to come up with alternative solutions to the problems you solve to give them a better understanding of how you think. You should explain your solution in an easy way.
    2. Prepare your projects well and try to tell express what you learned from them.
    3. CULTURE FIT is something they really care about.
    4. Come up with the good question to ask them.
    5. Research on the company REALLY well. Follow their tech blog, learn about their work culture from the engineers working there. They appreciate it during the interview.

Good Luck!!

Interview Questions

• PHP Question. Explain the code, find bugs/correct them and show what output it will generate.   Answer Question

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview took place in a conference given that everyone in the office just had a desk as their work station, including the CEO. It is a very relaxed and easy going environment. The interviewer listened and questioned about career objectives to see if the position will be a good fit. The interviewer clearly thinks highly of the company and is willing to share the current status of how the company is doing. In the end, I was told I was over qualified for the position and it indeed seems like this company attracts mostly young and fresh graduates and they are hiring.

Interview Questions

• How confident are you to work with the business team when you run into conflicts of interest?   Answer Question

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by another phone interview with managers, video chat- case and then in-person interview rounds. Met with several different managers from the different teams to gauge a fit

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Orem, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied, received a phone interview. Was told what positions were open, how much they paid and asked which one I would be interested in. They pretty much offered me the job over the phone. Told me to get back with them if I was interested.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Hebron, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed multiple times with different people, but mostly stayed in touch with one of them throughout the whole process. I did an in-person interview and a test shoot. The people there were really nice and considerate. I could tell they would be awesome people to work with. After the in-person interview, I stayed in touch with someone who is updating me on the position. I'm very pleased with how much they've stayed in contact with me about the role.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really have an unexpected question. It felt like more of an interview/conversation rather than a formal interview, and I enjoyed that. It made me feel more at ease and allowed me to loosen up.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Hebron, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick ,easy ,you can breathe and show up you got a job. Not highly selective,show a little common sense and respect you will get a job especially if you are not picky.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy take it or leave it

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR that lasted about 20 minutes. She was very nice and made you feel comfortable. Be prepared for basic questions and a long situational question.

Interview Questions

• Why Wayfair?
      Tell me about your experiences that makes you a good fit for this role.   Answer Question

Associate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

getting the interview was really fast, I had applied online and talked with tlaent management a day later and within another two days had scheduled my interview. however the actual interview process was super long and i was there for over 3 hours and met with a number of different teams.

Associate Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

They did on campus interviews which were fit interviews. They just wanted to get to know you and see whether you would fit the culture at Wayfair. The Final round interview event was much of the same except for a case that you received where you would have to identify trends within a sales spreadsheet given to you.

Associate Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

Below average. Smile & and be excited about working for a tech company. You will regret accepting a job here.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

A couple of calls and then in-person interview. Generic get-to-know-you interview questions. They are looking for analytical people and will present typical business cases for you to solve. It wasn't overly difficult but felt very corporate.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience connect with what you're applying for today?   Answer Question