Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wayfair Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

HTML/Css Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

The initial interview was over the phone. After the recruiter clarified if I applied to the position she jumped into the technical questions without warning, but not without admitting that she didn't look at my resume until just then. With that in mind, it also revealed that she didn't bother taking a look at my website portfolio to see my past work. The abrupt pop quiz threw me off, but technical questions aren't new for the interview process (it was just a lack of warning). The unfortunate part was the lack of clarification on the questions she was reading over the script. Each time I asked a technical question or asked to clarify her questions, she wasn't able to respond appropriately and referred to the answer, "You're going to have to ask the guys in the department". This doesn't quite help for both parties when the recruiter doesn't understand the questions she's asking. The situation ultimately ended up with me assuming what she was trying to ask, which again doesn't bode well for the employer and candidate.

In the end, it seemed like she wanted the process to be over as she kept asking, "Is there anything else?", after each question, I asked. The pushy cadence by the recruiter had me wondering if that attitude was a reflection of the culture within Wayfair. If that was the purpose of the brashly formatted interview, then I'm glad I found out early on.

Despite a courtesy reminder about a follow-up, the recruiter hasn't contacted me back.

Interview Questions

• What is the Box System?

How does an inline-block work?

What does visibility do?

*There were more questions, but I do remember the above more clearly.
      1 Answer

Vendor Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

2 phone interviews: Both very investigative interviews, trying to identify interest, technical capabilities and fit. First with recruiter and second with VP. Both very well conducted.
    1 case interview: On this one, I felt like I was interviewing for a different position and was asked several questions related to inventory management, and not vendor management. Very serious.

Overall, the first two interviews were great and although I left with no offer, I still have a great impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• - Tell about a problem you faced.
      - Inventory problem case
      Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

First I applied online. I received an email to set up an online phone screening. After the phone screening, I was given a test to complete over the weekend as I interviewed on a Friday afternoon. After the test, I heard back from the initial recruiter about how the Hiring Manager wanted to speak with me. Another phone call was set up. I did the phone call then 2 weeks later I heard back from the recruiter who wanted to set up another phone call with her. I went through this. It was basically asking me what I thought of the process thus far. We set up an in-person 3-hour interview. After this, I didn't hear back. Finally, after I reached out 2 times I got an automatic response that said I wasn't experienced enough.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and experience?
      What made you pursue this career?
      Why Wayfair?
      What is one thing you feel you could improve on?
      Walk us through your resume.
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Applied online with a cover letter and resume. Got a response in s couple of weeks for a Skype interview. No indication that it would be case based but it was. A little confusing because the case was just being read out and different numbers were thrown at you. The calculations aren't hard but it takes a while to understand the directions

Interview Questions

• They read out different statistics about e-commerce and asked for further numbers   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first round is with interview. It was very quick, then he helped scheduled second round with the hiring manager in next a few days. I move to third round with a senior analyst in the team and scheduled for on site for next week. The process took about two weeks.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

recruiter call, in person interview, two people at a time. Be aware, I think they are looking for free consulting. And they need a lot of it, the place is a mess.

Interview Questions

• How would you design/solve physical to virtual conversions.   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds. First round is a one-on-one Skype with a manager. The length is 45 minutes and you can expect about 10 minutes of resume/fit and 35 minutes of case. The case scenario is a mix of qualitative/business acumen questions and quantitative scenarios. The priority is setting up the problem correctly not necessarily doing the calculation right. The second round is a day of interviews at the Wayfair office. There are three 45 minute interviews with members of the team. One is behavioral/fit and two are case interviews. Expect to combine analytical knowledge with basic calculations of some KPIs of your choosing (Click through rate, conversion rate, average order value, etc.).

Interview Questions

• If Wayfair wanted to release a magazine on bedroom furniture, what three segments should we target?   Answer Question
    • Explain each step in this model (given a print out of a 9 step demand forecasting model).   Answer Question
    • Look at this customer journey (ad, email capture page, landing page, purchase) and identify what key performance metrics you would use to evaluate each step. How would you calculate them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

They initially called just to ask about my background, previous projects, why I applied to Wayfair, and other general phone screen questions. The following technical interview had a lot of general knowledge questions, followed by a SQL query and a couple coding questions. Both interviewers were very nice and helpful throughout the process.

Category Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I applied through my school and met with someone from that role. My interviewer was very sweet and we managed to fill up the whole time talking. I am still in the process of being interviewed though so I don't know my outcome.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard interview questions (why this role, why this company, what's your biggest weakness etc).   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Wayfair has some of the worst recruiting practices out there. Multiple recruiters at the company have reached out to me and all of them have blown off the initial call, only to reach back out and do the same thing. No regard for people's time or for the candidate experience.