Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wayfair Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me over LinkedIn as I was not actively looking at the time. I did one phone screen, a one hour case study, and then five hours meeting six people at their offices in Boston, MA. Interview questions were behavioral in nature, with a few math related questions. It was unclear what they were looking for. Recruiter paraded me around the office, where I got some weird looks from current employees. I though the interview itself went exceedingly well, but ended up not getting an offer. The recruiter sent a generic email thanking me for the time but refused to offer feedback in a timely manner. I felt led on and that they were wasting my time. I would not recommend people interview here.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

Multiple phone calls, skype case (terrible idea), long wait time before hearing about next steps. Then it can all come down to one question that you answer wrong and BAM done for a whole department.

I would waste my time again, I also understand that the woefully underpay even after you make it through the crazy interview process (and devote a lot of time to them).

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

one skype interview and 2 onsite interviews. the 2 onsite interviews were the same day. the first skype interview was cased based. the last two interviews on site was : 1 case 1 behavorial

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a case question, a couple behavioral questions, and some questions based on my resume regarding my work, my skills and interests, my leadership skills, etc.

Category Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

The recruitment representative was very friendly and took the time to describe the role and the responsibilities. However, she spoke very quickly, therefore making it a bit difficult to follow along. She did not ask any generic questions (why Wayfair, what do you know about Wayfair, how does your experience/skills align with the role responsibilities, best traits, etc.) She asked a lot about my knowledge and comfortability with data analysis.

Data Analytics - Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Visited desk in College career fair. Applied online and received an email asking for time availability to schedule a Skype Interview. Got this after 2+ months of submitting online application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about Yourself followed by couple of small questions like - If I want to increase revenue by selling bedroom items from catalogue which are sent to existing customers which existing customer will you target?   Answer Question
    • Two case questions like - There are 2 catalogues 75 pages with $0.80 and 150 pages with $1.40 as manufacturing cost. Short catalogue gives profit of 30% with conversion rate of 5% & $320 average order cost. What should be conversion rate for large catalogue to get same profit with $300 average order cost.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wayfair in December 2017.

Interview

After receiving a request to interview it took a week for the recruiter to respond to me to set up a phone screen. The email they use to correspond with people is not through a Wayfair account, just shows they do not want to develop relationships with applicants.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

We go through the resume, and a few case study questions. Pretty standard interview. Need some basic knowledge about Econ and Math. Basic algebra questions. Keep your pen, paper and calculator handy.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Sent in resume on college job website, then was contacted for a Skype interview. They seemed very disorganized and made me resubmit my schedule after I'd already filled out the form

Interview Questions

• Gave me a case about the delivery options - what factors would I consider in changing their pricing or offering different options?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

The interview consisted of 1 behavioral and 2 case based interviews, each 45 minutes long. The behavioral interview was mainly about resume and past experiences in data science. The case based interviews presented you with a dataset and a problem and asked questions that basically prompted you to explain the business rationale for different features as well as the modeling approach you would take.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think (given variable) would be helpful to have from a business perspective? What features would be helpful to predict (said variable)?   Answer Question