Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

Supplier Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

Recruiter was quick to get back to me. Phone screen and then 2 rounds of in person. The in person interview was a little intense as you meet with different managers from different teams and they assess where you would fit best.

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wayfair (Hebron, KY).

Interview

It was through a staffmark staffing company. I was given a tour talk a little bit about the requirements of the job had to pass a background and drug test and that was it they placed me

Interview Questions

• Really was not asked much just if I was able to work the hours they would need   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

A couple of calls and then in-person interview. Generic get-to-know-you interview questions. They are looking for analytical people and will present typical business cases for you to solve. It wasn't overly difficult but felt very corporate.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience connect with what you're applying for today?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email the next day asking for my availability for a half hour phone interview. I give it and me and the recruiter agree for a date a couple days in the future.

The day comes and I wait over half an hour. I get no call. I email the recruiter asking if I'm still under consideration and he said he had to leave the office early. I received no email notifying me of a change in his schedule, which is what I'm used to. Instead I wasted time expecting a phone call that never came.

We agree on another date in the future. The interviewer was 20 minutes late but did call me. Seemed extremely uninterested over the phone. What was supposed to be a 30 min interview turned into more of a 10 minute conversation, perhaps because he was late and didn't want to waste time on the interview.

Asked me 2 easy questions (What do you know about Wayfair, explain your most recent internship experience in some greater detail) then asked if I had any questions.

Got a generic rejection email a couple days later. No idea why I got rejected, but I have never encountered such unprofessional behavior during a job search.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, 1/2 day of interviews including two cases. The cases are very specific to the internal operations at Wayfair. The recruiter called to follow up after my in-person interviews and provided helpful feedback.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Applied on school website, got an interview invitation after about 20 days. An HR person called asking some basic behavioral questions and typed my answer while i was speaking. The interview didn't last long, just clarifying some of my education background and the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are you good at professionally? What are you bad at? What is your professional interest   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

As most of the people mentioned in their reviews, the interview process is completely broken. The recruiters are highly unprofessional. I went through recommendation of a Director and it took recruiter 1 month to make an introductory phone call. Even though the recruiter promised that he will get back to me in next few days, it took him 1.5 months to get back to me. I have to go back to my connections again to get their help in moving forward. Finally, I was put in touch with another Director, who was mostly clueless about the position. Not to my surprise, the job description that was shared with me was from PM role and the interviewer told me that he is looking more for a GM/Category Manager role - much more senior than my experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit in the role of General Manager?   1 Answer
    • How do you fit in the role of General Manager?   1 Answer

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by another phone interview with managers, video chat- case and then in-person interview rounds. Met with several different managers from the different teams to gauge a fit

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview is easy but meaningless. I got an interview from a senior HR and in the second phone interview was with two managers asking some questions about my background.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and talk about the projects related to their work.   Answer Question

Category Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Brief phone screen followed by an in-person interview with 3 different pairs of interviewers. The panels were broken down in the following order: situational, case study and personality/culture fit. Pretty straight forward.

Never heard back one way or the other, but it was still a smooth process regardless.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if product A performed poorly in a certain month?   Answer Question