Yodle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2018

2.4

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty seamless and transparent. Yodle likes to preserve the great culture they have built and it shows by ensuring that all key stakeholders have a chance to meet with candidates.

Interview Questions

• it's hard to gauge what a difficult question would be as everyone is different. They really want to ensure a cultural fit as well as typical behavioral based interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation as the compensation details were discussed early on in the process.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic interview. Fill out paperwork online, back ground check, go in for personal intervew. Also had a phone interview which was the initial contact. Answered basic questions regarding previous employment. Why are you interested in working there, etc. You then get a lot of follow-up information via email from them. Do some online testing just to prove you are computer literate. They are only interested in a monthly head count to fill training classes. As long as you can read a script on the phone they will hire you.

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I can't say enough about how efficient, friendly, informative, and professional this process was. I was in a position where I had an offer on the table from another company and informed Yodle that I needed to make a decision fast. From the time I told them that I had 2 phone screenings and one on-site interview within a week followed by an offer.

My first phone screen was with an internal recruiter. To be fair I had two of these but they were essentially the same thing because they had to route me to a different department. Again, very efficient.

Second phone interview was with a UX Designer that I would be working with. I was asked some basic questions regarding experience and discussed details about the projects.

The on-site was 4 hours and I met with different management members and people from the UX team. I didn't have to give a presentation but did discuss previous work. I was presented an offer within 24 hours of that interview, negotiated a little, and eventually accepted. I will update my review of the company once I have enough experience to weigh in.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Solved the harder problem on their website, and got an email back within a few days. First interview was not difficult. Asked about basic data structures and object oriented design. Second phone interview focused more on detailed object oriented design questions, and some "how would you approach this problem" type questions, and data structure questions. Received email saying they weren't interested a few days later.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Solved the harder problem from their website, got a call in a couple of days
    First was a minor tech screening with their HR recruiter who was courteous and knowledgeable. Discussed about experience and some easy datastructure questions.
    Second was a phone interview with one of their engineering manager. Asked about some project experience picked from my resume. Further on a question to design a small system with OOP. Requirements were clarified beforehand. Interview was nice and simple but I think the time frame was not big enough for me to design the system. Interviewer was very patient and we had a good interaction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Found by a recruiter for Yodle on LinkedIn. He arranged a phone interview in which he asked about my experience in my current job, my standing skill-wise compared to other students in my previous university, my grasp of computer science fundamentals. No technical questions were asked. He also explained the work involved in Yodle and how their business operates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

An interviewer from the company emailed me.

There was a telephonic interview with the development manager. There was normal design questions about building a DOM parser and a data structures question on trees.

Then there was an onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted few hours and was easy. I was asked more data structure and implementation question. The second interview was to code a log analysis program. In the third interview they wanted to see if there was a team fit. In the fourth interview, there was an open ended sorting question. In this case, I was also asked to do some complex big-O analysis of the sorting program.

Interview Questions

• Sort an array of integers in a 250GB file.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY).

Interview

So the recruiter reaches out with scheduled call and then all of a sudden disappears.

How annoying this could be? No respect to people.. nor to their time. Mark them as spam at the beginning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone call with a recruiter. I then had a technical phone screen with an engineer which was followed by another round with associate manager. Then had an onsite with 4 interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

The guy was a touch on the unprofessional side. Google the company and you will see they are a shady business.