Yodle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2018

2.4

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty seamless and transparent. Yodle likes to preserve the great culture they have built and it shows by ensuring that all key stakeholders have a chance to meet with candidates.

Interview Questions

• it's hard to gauge what a difficult question would be as everyone is different. They really want to ensure a cultural fit as well as typical behavioral based interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation as the compensation details were discussed early on in the process.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic interview. Fill out paperwork online, back ground check, go in for personal intervew. Also had a phone interview which was the initial contact. Answered basic questions regarding previous employment. Why are you interested in working there, etc. You then get a lot of follow-up information via email from them. Do some online testing just to prove you are computer literate. They are only interested in a monthly head count to fill training classes. As long as you can read a script on the phone they will hire you.

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I can't say enough about how efficient, friendly, informative, and professional this process was. I was in a position where I had an offer on the table from another company and informed Yodle that I needed to make a decision fast. From the time I told them that I had 2 phone screenings and one on-site interview within a week followed by an offer.

My first phone screen was with an internal recruiter. To be fair I had two of these but they were essentially the same thing because they had to route me to a different department. Again, very efficient.

Second phone interview was with a UX Designer that I would be working with. I was asked some basic questions regarding experience and discussed details about the projects.

The on-site was 4 hours and I met with different management members and people from the UX team. I didn't have to give a presentation but did discuss previous work. I was presented an offer within 24 hours of that interview, negotiated a little, and eventually accepted. I will update my review of the company once I have enough experience to weigh in.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

The guy was a touch on the unprofessional side. Google the company and you will see they are a shady business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their internal recruiters. First there was a very long talk from the recruiter trying to pitch the company and then a mini technical screening with the recruiter himself, then a 45 minute interview with an engineering manager, and finally a few rounds of interviews on site.

Despite what the recruiter said, his technical background was not strong and it showed in the questions he asked. The regular phone interview with the manager was much more standard, covering my background and some average technical questions done through a shared coding site.

The on site was three rounds of technical interviews and one interview with a product owner. Yodle claims to want engineers to work close with product owners and to drive new ideas, hence the final interview. The technical interviews were straight forward, somewhat easy. I liked the people quite a bit, though. Product owner didn't really come across as interested or prepared for the interview.

In the end, the office space didn't impress me and the recruiter was very pushy. Once they decided to make an offer, I heard from him once or twice a day trying to get me to say yes. They were prepared to make a very good offer, though.

Interview Questions

The company didn't excite me and the recruiter was way to pushy for my liking.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle in May 2013.

Interview

Applied on yodle career website, got a call for Phone interview. Was asked basic HR questions and then a technical quiz like:
    -What is inheritance and composition in Java.
    -Can you implement a hashtable with a tree.
    -Can you implement a hashtable with a list.
    -Why do you like java.
    -Difference between a stack and a queue.

**I really didnt like the interview process. HR person asking yes and No technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online for Senior Software Engineer In Test. There was a link to try some puzzles that would get you to the top of their queue. I solved the puzzles and got an email several days later from an internal recruiter. The position that she interviewed me for turned out to be a regular Software Engineer position, not the QA position I had applied to. They said they were looking for smart programmers and did not care what languages candidates had experience in.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that you had to solve a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Solved the puzzle problem on their website. Was scheduled for a phone interview right away. The recruiter was very pleasant to speak to. Had to go through a 2hr in-home exam.

Interview Questions

• Only difficult question was the difference between stack and heap in memory.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Found by a recruiter for Yodle on LinkedIn. He arranged a phone interview in which he asked about my experience in my current job, my standing skill-wise compared to other students in my previous university, my grasp of computer science fundamentals. No technical questions were asked. He also explained the work involved in Yodle and how their business operates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

An interviewer from the company emailed me.

There was a telephonic interview with the development manager. There was normal design questions about building a DOM parser and a data structures question on trees.

Then there was an onsite interview. The onsite interview lasted few hours and was easy. I was asked more data structure and implementation question. The second interview was to code a log analysis program. In the third interview they wanted to see if there was a team fit. In the fourth interview, there was an open ended sorting question. In this case, I was also asked to do some complex big-O analysis of the sorting program.

Interview Questions

• Sort an array of integers in a 250GB file.   1 Answer