ZS Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ZS Associates

1,449 Interview Reviews

3.4

Intern Interview

Interview

Three interviews: one behavior, one unstructured case, and one structured case. Behavior interview was pretty standard. Structured case was pretty math-intensive. Unstructured case was about self-driving cars. Each interview was for thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

Interview

- One 30 minute informational with recruiter: lovely woman with helpful feedback
    - One 30 minute behavioral with manager: super casual and just easy get to know you questions with a couple of "give me an example of a time..."
    - One 30 minute case interview: 5 slides of a basic M&A case...they show you slides and you have to either give a brief analysis of what you see (trends or recommendations if this was your client) or fill in the rest of the data in a chart...be familiar with business equations from "case in point" as well as other general ones like break even equations. I bombed this interview because I was just not properly prepared and froze up looking at a bunch of data. They expect you to be able to do quick math and be accurate about it, so prepare for that.

Interview Questions

• 1. Give me a brief summary of your background.
      2. Tell me about a time things did not work out as planned how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

5 interviews and an example project presentation.

Be sure to understand what the role is before burning time on the process. Job description was never clear to me throughout.

Interview Questions

• General questions on subject matter, business development, roles and responsibilities, present an example of a project you managed   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

One case one behavioral one unstructured case. Office setting. Business suit. Very nice. Official and not all intense. On campus really helpful. All nice. Super nice. Just nice all around. Nice nice nice nice

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates in March 2020.

Interview

first interview - screening, 2nd - 30 min behavioral , 30 min case study, 3rd (final) - 3 hour with behavioral and case study components. You work with the hiring manager which schedules the whole process for you and the each component of the interview is conducted by a different person who could be from various offices/ practices. The case study is not necessarily based on the practice you're interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Challenges you've overcome, a time where you failed and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Phone call by HR
    1st round- behavior interview + structured interview
    2nd round- very long on-site interview with a structured case (massive curve ball), unstructured (basically discussion), panel process (45 mins to review a case and then make a PowerPoint) and then behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral stuff, the structured case in the last round was tough no style because it was weird (how do you manage elevators in a building).   Answer Question

Data Science Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took a month. First HR screening then there was a technical interview over phone call which was an hour long. After this, I was called to New York Office. It was a long 12-5 pm session divided in 3 parts behavioral, technical and unstructured. They also take you out for lunch. I felt the 2nd round Data Science round was badly organized. The laptop they gave me for technical was flimsy and also had a activate windows watermark on desktop. Nevermind all that, when I sat for the technical round which is to do a data science case using your preferred language(R studio in my case), I could not install any of the libraries(All blocked by IT), I tried calling the tech recruiter but got no response. After 1.5 hr finally someone came and called IT to unblock resources. Most of my time was spent in figuring out how to do a data science challenge using base library than looking at the dataset. It was a very bad experience, I had also mailed the HR before the interview to make sure libraries were installed. I think using Google Collab could have been a better idea, if I knew about their cluelessness. After this there was unstructured round where I was asked how would I split money among 10 people.

Decision Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through my university. The whole process was very quick. There were three back to back interviews, one behavioral, one unstructured and one structured case. Not too difficult. There were many "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficulty while working in a team. What would you have done differently to avoid that?   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Boston, MA).

Interview

ZS was extremely prompt and efficient throughout the process. I was approached by a recruiter after applying online who described their business model, brief history of the company, structure of the role, travel requirements, future steps etc.
    The second round consisted of a two part interview: a half hour case study (for which the interview showed up a few mins late and apologized) and a half hour personality fit test.
    The case was done over zoom - a few slides were presented and I was asked to work through, while asking questions and needed to make a final recommendation. The case itself did have some calculations, and was moderately difficult (but connected to the field I was applying for).
    The personality fit consisted of 4 situations given to me and I was asked to give examples from my background

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background - why are you interested in consulting, why in this role?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when things did not go according to plan   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had issues with a coworker? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in February 2020.

Interview

professional, fair to candiates, phone screen consulted by HR, mostly on experience and why consulting questions, followed by on site several 1:1 interviews and case presentation. Case presentation is conducted by several evaluators. whole process took about 2 months.