ZS Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZS Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.5

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Additionally, the system also supports syntax that can load the data from a file in the local files system directly into a Hive table where the input data format is the same as the table format. If /tmp/pv_2008-06-08_us.txt already contains the data for US, then we do not need any additional filtering as shown in the previous

Business Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone screen with the recruiting team. Then I was brought in for a second round interview, which included one behavioral interview with a manager, and one case study. Final interview included a behavioral interview, a structured "analytical" case, a more open-ended / in-depth case study with a short presentation, and a demo from an Associate about the type of work that they do.

Interview Questions

• Case study about a company launching a new product and what considerations I would focus on   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in consulting / ZS?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates.

Interview

Applied online on the late April of 2016. Heard back from the recruiter in 9 days, and she went through a brief 20 minute screening questions such as salary expectation, status of graduation, work experience, etc. Then, another person from the HR department contacted me via e-mail and booked a flight to Evanston(Chicago).

I landed in Chicago a day before the interview date. The company was very nice that it booked a Hilton room for me (5 minutes from the office building). They will pay all of the transportation fares, meals, and every other expense related to your stay for the interview.

The interview consisted of 5 interviewers ranging all the way from the recent hires to managers. You stay in a room, and each will take turns about 30 minutes and ask a mix of questions such as typical behavior ones and other questions regarding how much you know about the company. They will all be friendly and ask you to relax. But don't lose your focus! They count every single thing that you do. Just be polite, respectful, and have confidence in your well-thought answers.

After 5 people take their 30 minutes, the last step is for you to pair up with another candidate and go to local Panera. It is the last session of the final interview process, and it is the most informal one. The point of having this 30 minute coffee-talk is to see how you behave in a informal, social situation. Lots of people like I did made a mistake in this step thinking the interview is over. It's not over, yet. So don't lose your focus. No matter how well you think you did on the previous sessions, it's still possible that they might see a characteristic from you that might be a turn-off. So be calm, keep a good posture, and ask questions to show that you really want to work for ZS Associates. Of course, all in a respectful and dignified manner.

After the interview is over, of course you go back home and wait for 3~5 business days to find out the results. I didn't get the job. And I think I did not get it because of lots of reasons but mainly that I did not show my passion for the job and for the company. So.... don't make a foolish mistake like I did. BE PREPARED FOR THE INTERVIEW. DON'T LOSE YOUR ATTENTION. BE FOCUSED. SHOW THEM THAT YOU WANT IT. But don't come off as desperate. Stay classy. I know... it's hard. As long as you practice your behavioral questions and be prepared to answer any question arising from your resume, you will most likely get the job.

Best of luck to all of you.

that it offers competitive salary (Min:$50K), good benefits, vacation days, and etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ZS Associates?

Why ZS?

What is your biggest fear?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZS Associates in February 2017.

Interview

Only one round on campus. Consisted of 3 30 minute interviews back to back. Structured, Unstructured, and Behavioral. A lot more math based than I expected for the structured case. General industry knowledge about ZS core clientele is useful.

Interview Questions

• Opening a store in a new location what are things to consider?   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through university's career center website, was offered an in person interview but couldn't make it due to travel. Instead, I had a half hour behavioral interview and half hour case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team you worked as a member of a team and the team was better because of it   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Berkeley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through On-Campus Recruiting - submitted resume, cover letter, and transcript and was selected to interview. The interview process consisted of three, 30-minute interviews: behavioral, structured case, and unstructured case. It was a very smooth process, and provided a very holistic view of the candidate (myself) and the work at ZS.
    Behavioral: I was asked questions and provided answers that facilitated a conversation with the interviewer. I was then able to ask the interviewer questions I had.
    Structured Case (market entry question): I was given a slide deck printout and asked to draw conclusions and do some calculations regarding the information on the slides. It was very structured (one slide at a time, one step at a time) and the interviewer guided me in the right direction.
    Unstructured Case: I was first asked some behavioral questions regarding my work experiences. The interviewer then proceeded to ask me to walk through the logic and considerations associated with opening a new store in the area. There were no calculations or quantitative data; it was just focused on my thought process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I just received the offer, so am in the process of considering it.

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Evanston, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, but they ended up not doing on campus interviews due to not enough applicants. Ended up doing a phone interview which consisted of a case and a behavioral interview, both 30 minutes. Case interview included two scenarios in which you needed some basic economics in order to solve. Included things like optimization of profit, MR-MC = profit.

Finance Position Interview

Interview

Don’t waste your time. They have been looking for the “right candidate” for over six months. This is a red flag. They just keep re-posting the position every few months. They are either delusional looking for that special candidate who ticks off all their checkboxes or are just gathering information on current salary conditions. You’ll be inclined to think you’re that one special candidate, the one who can get them to make a decision, but you aren’t. They will ask you for a copy of your paycheck. Another red flag! Had I known this was part of their hiring process, I would have never applied for the position.
    If you care about diversity in the workplace, of the 20+ people I saw when I was in their offices, only one was non-Caucasian.

Decision Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ZS Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1.5hour interview split up into 3 sections. One behavioral, one structured case study, and one unstructured case study. Clean and simple. ZS only has one round and will determine whether or not you get an offer and get back to you within a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZS Associates in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Just one round of interviews broken down into three different sections.

1) Behavioral - mainly team based questions
    2) Unstructured case - based on your past experiences, may dig deeper into one specific one
    3) Structured case - slides of information, interviewer walks through the case with you asking questions at the end of each section

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the given tasks.   Answer Question