Lead qa engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lead qa engineer Interview Questions

lead qa engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What exact experience with test automation have you had?

1 Answer

Automation starts when UAT becomes stable. Say for instance if on each release more than 50% test are failing you don't automate the application. During this time you can run smoke or black box tests to check if major functionalities are working properly. Once it becomes more stable for instance if 20% tests are failing you can start the automation process. Depending upon the application one can start with developing the frameworks. if it needed to be a data driven framework or a key word dirven framework. The best practice will be to incorporate Hybril Framwork which is combination of both keyword and data driven frameworks. On every release you run your regression tests to check new functionalities and anything broken from the previous releases. Once the application comes closer to complition you can develop a happy path or end to end test to check the functionalities of the application.

You are a very straight-forward type of person, do people seem to be intimidated by you?

1 Answer

Some Behavioral questions about past experience

1 Answer

How to you view log file in Unix

1 Answer

Programming related questions. Some real time questions

1 Answer

My one issue is that toward the end of the interview it became clear that my experience did not at all align with the position, and that was clear from my resume. I wished that had paid more attention to the screening process

1 Answer

There was a simple coding test.

1 Answer

The questions were more philosophical. I am with strong credentials and was actually taking a step down in positions (I was formerly a Sr Manager over three teams that consisted of 60+ employees, to being a Lead/individual contributor. This was fine as that is what I wanted during that part in my career. As someone who has interviewed 500+ potential candidates in my career, I knew what they were thinking so I actually led the interview and told them what I assumed they wanted to know.

1 Answer

Testing basics - like the type of testing, regression, load etc Tools used -Automation, Java, selenium, previous projects, Job responisibilities Testing Exercise - hands-on during interview --I liked this part the most Tell some bugs/improvements in their application.

1 Answer

1> What the Automation testing experience i have and give example 2> What the Communication capability i have 3> How to evaluate team members

110 of 40 Interview Questions