Safeway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

The interview is the easy part, they ask you basic questions about math calculations and how to you would deal with customers, then if you are hired they give you a mouth swab drug test on the spot.

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

I filled out the online application and was then called two days later for an interview. The HR manager was very personable and positive. The questions felt very generic and I'm not sure how they're going to pick someone because I feel like most people will have similar answers. The interviewer was very encouraging and mentioned that not having any experience was actually an asset as they prefer to train you and teach you they're techniques.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was brief. they asked a couple of behavioral questions and competency question. Overall the manager was congenial and everything went well. I chose not to pursue the job further.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Horrible horrible experience, Beyond unprofessional. They told me I had an interview at 1:30 p.m. I arrived at 1:20 p.m. they called for the interviewer to let them know I had arrived. I waited for over an hour and 20 minutes for no interviewer to show up. Finally the assistant manager came up to talk to me. The manager informed me that the interviewer went home early hours ago, accused me of being 5 hours late (I know for a fact she said 1:30 p.m.) then told me that I had confirmation emails and confirmations voicemail stating the time and date of the interview; those are blatant lies and I had no emails and no voicemails from them. I tried to show the manager the lack of email. He didn't want to listen to me. And the resume I had brought was crumpled up behind the counter. Huge waste of my gas and time (not only the time waiting buy also the hours of research the company and position). Makes me not even want to shop here anymore.
    So rude and inappropriate not just the unjustly waiting time for no interviewer but also by the assistant manager.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

My interview was pretty easy going. I came into store and asked if they were hiring and was interviewed in customer service room right then and there. Then took drug test and got hired.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

hired on the spot. easy interview. easy to get your foot in the door and move up. The hiring manager is usually just a head clerk so they can relate to you better than a store manager. It was very laid back and would say that almost anyone could easily get the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Filled out an application online, called to speak with the hiring manger. He said he'd call me back or email me, I haven't heard from him since. I wonder what's going on.

Night Shift Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bend, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway (North Bend, WA).

Interview

On sales floor they were desparate and needed help they bypassed HR and even safety and store orientation cashier training policies Nd everything as they were desperate and I had a long retail background but with other companies

Interview Questions

• When can you start we need to fill this position tonight or as soon as physically possable   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the job online and was called in for an in person interview. I wasnt really interviewed but more so just given job. It felt rushed and I was given a drug screen on the spot.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Portland, OR).

Interview

Very informal with outdated questions. Felt the interviewer was done for the day, but she had been going through several people before me. Didn't have a good feel that she listened to my qualifications. Of course this was a large hiring and I think they were just looking for warm bodies to get through store opening.

Interview Questions

• If someone bought a cake, what would I recommend them to buy with it   1 Answer