Safeway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Safeway Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.1

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway in September 2017.

Interview

I went in and my interviewer seemed very uninterested in my presence and like I was wasting my time. I'm honestly very qualified for the position even though I have no true work experience because of my volunteer experience and professional training. I was treated like I was a bother.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Sacramento, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

*She went over job responsibilities, bringing carts and baskets to designated area
    -bagging stuff
    -helping visually or disabled customers
    *Then she went over the Dress code it's almost casual which is really cool!
    *She then asked me a few questions nothing crazy, told me right there I was hired and she'd call me to come in for online training for 4-6 hours!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for safeway?   1 Answer
    • If a customer came in to buy a birthday cake what are three other items you would suggest for them to pick up?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to had to take over someone's shift and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delta, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Delta, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager comes out and has us set at this display for a table in the middle of the store in public. Then proceeds to tell me the position I applied for, and was initially called in for was suddenly filled, and the only position available was a part-time night stocker. I asked her when the other positions were filled or if there would be other available openings in the near future. Her literal response "I'm sorry my vacation schedule doesn't work with your expectation of getting a certain position. Do you want this job? Take it or leave it." She stated this due it taking 3 1/2 weeks to get an interview in store due to the hiring manager being on vacation.

Interview Questions

• Literally asked by hiring manager: "Do you want this job? Take it or leave it."   2 Answers

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Safeway in August 2017.

Interview

I was called in for a same day interview. The questions I was asked were about my retail and up selling experience and my personal hobbies and home life. And the usual availabilities questions. I enjoyed the interviewer. She was,a very pleasant person.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in the customer service industry?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway in August 2017.

Interview

I got interviewed by four managers at the same time. Very friendly crew. What I didn't know is that there was 4 openings for the same position so that would explain why I was interviewed by 4 people at the same time. Questions where more of scenario types but overall very informative

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult employee and how you resolved the situation?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

It's all who you know and not what you know, make friends with your store manager and district manager, the only time I applied for corporate Safeway after working there for 2 years I got an email response saying they had more experienced canadates so if you're trying for corporate you need resume experience and probably industry recommendations

Interview Questions

• None I was offered assistance manager off merit and social connections   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Aberdeen, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Filled out app, and then asked me to return in a week for the interview. I was 10 minutes early for my interview, looked good and was ready, with a very positive attitude. Something was very fishy though, because it seems Apparent that the whole process was a smoke screen to "cover themselves," while hiring a relative, or a friends relative, and making it look like a random hire. There were very good people that simply got looked over, compared to who they hired, a Friends Relative. What a fix! Severely Wasting my and other good people's time and effort!

Interview Questions

• Can you work anytime, any shift.   1 Answer

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Fremont, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

very basic questions. hiring manager was really nice lady. took days to finally get on the real job. i applied online and days after I received a call to make an appointment interview. went there for personal interview, took a drug test and she asked me to come back 2 days after to confirm my work permit..... very basic questions. hiring manager was really nice lady. took days to finally get on the real job.

Interview Questions

• a costumer bought a birthday cake. what are 3 other things you could offer them to buy   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Super easy, they just ask your availability to work. Also asked customer service related questions to ensure you can handle situations with customers. Feels like you already got the job midway because they are super interested in your availability. It was overall a great simple experience.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Very relaxed. Was asked only 2 brief questions, and I answered in a very conversational tone, which the manager seemed to like. Manager was very friendly, and made the whole situation stress free.

Interview Questions

• Who is one person that you had a tough time dealing with, and how did you handle him/her?   1 Answer