Safeway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Kent, WA).

Interview

It was a very brief interview. Seemed to be more out of procedure. I was asked general questions like what store items you would recommend to a person planning a birthday party.

Interview Questions

• If a customer wants a drink from Starbucks but doesn't know what to get what would you recommend?   Answer Question

App Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

It was 10 member panel. Started with basic SDFC and Agile. Then deep dive into mobile technologies. Also, here and there I was thrown with some analytics questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give ideas on one of their product feature implementation   Answer Question

Produce Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule an interview about one week after I applied. The interview was scheduled for less than a week later and went as expected - good experience.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (El Dorado Hills, CA).

Interview

It was very easy and laid back. The lady only asked a few questions about my experience and availability then gave me the drug test and then told me my start date. I started my training two days later and then began bagging.

Interview Questions

• Would Ibe willing to work any shift and if knew Safeway was priority over other jobs.   1 Answer

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. They call me about 2 days later to schedule an over the phone interview. The day of the phone interview nobody called. 2 weeks later hr sent me an email asking if i was still interested. I had the interview over the phone and a week later they scheduled an in person interview with District manager and recruiter. I got an offer a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use multiple company resources to solve a problem   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fair Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Fair Oaks, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I went in for the interview and felt very rushed. The woman interviewing me asked me very few questions, seemed a little rude, and rushed me out of the room in only 6 minutes. I did not feel as though I was able to show her the real me.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. The Human Resources Department would ask you a few questions regarding work experiences and if you have been previously employed by Safeway. After the interview , you would get the chance to ask a few questions to your interviewer.

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moraga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Moraga, CA).

Interview

I sent in an application and was contacted by the regional hiring person. From there I had an in person interview and filled out more paperwork. After that, I got an offer and accepted, then attended a training seminar and completed online training that for some reason had to be done in the store despite being accessible from anywhere.

Interview Questions

• Why is a good experience in the grocery store important?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Very simple. Interviewer was store manager and just asked generic interview questions (just read them off the paper). Asked about a page worth of generic questions and hired me on the spot. Proceeded with the drug test.

Starbucks Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Was quick, few question. Was told I could be a courtesy clerk and possibly move up to Starbucks but chose not to take the job was administered a drug test mouth swab on the spot. Also was told they were going to run a background check.