Safeway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2018

2.1

1. Featured Interview

Produce Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule an interview about one week after I applied. The interview was scheduled for less than a week later and went as expected - good experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

it was very easy i went online and filled out the application and then i hit submit and waitied for a phone call. i answered the call and the asked me questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Kent, WA).

Interview

It was a very brief interview. Seemed to be more out of procedure. I was asked general questions like what store items you would recommend to a person planning a birthday party.

Interview Questions

• If a customer wants a drink from Starbucks but doesn't know what to get what would you recommend?   Answer Question

App Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

It was 10 member panel. Started with basic SDFC and Agile. Then deep dive into mobile technologies. Also, here and there I was thrown with some analytics questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give ideas on one of their product feature implementation   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway (El Dorado Hills, CA).

Interview

It was very easy and laid back. The lady only asked a few questions about my experience and availability then gave me the drug test and then told me my start date. I started my training two days later and then began bagging.

Interview Questions

• Would Ibe willing to work any shift and if knew Safeway was priority over other jobs.   2 Answers

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. They call me about 2 days later to schedule an over the phone interview. The day of the phone interview nobody called. 2 weeks later hr sent me an email asking if i was still interested. I had the interview over the phone and a week later they scheduled an in person interview with District manager and recruiter. I got an offer a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use multiple company resources to solve a problem   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fair Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Fair Oaks, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I went in for the interview and felt very rushed. The woman interviewing me asked me very few questions, seemed a little rude, and rushed me out of the room in only 6 minutes. I did not feel as though I was able to show her the real me.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. The Human Resources Department would ask you a few questions regarding work experiences and if you have been previously employed by Safeway. After the interview , you would get the chance to ask a few questions to your interviewer.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Ellicott City, MD) in February 2018.

Interview

Very brief. The hiring manager spent a few minutes filling out paperwork before he asked a few fairly simple questions. He asked if I thought I could handle a fast-paced position, and if I had a problem with frequent interaction with customers. Then he moved on to the interview questions, and said that one or two word answers were fine. Finally, he shook my hand and told me when I could meet with the manager of the bakery department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Safeway?   1 Answer
    • How do you think your friends would describe you?   1 Answer
    • A customer walks up to you with a cake, and asks you to recommend three things to buy with it. What three items would you recommend?   1 Answer
    • What short-term goal do you have for working at Safeway?   1 Answer
    • What long-term goal do you have for working at Safeway?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moraga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Moraga, CA).

Interview

I sent in an application and was contacted by the regional hiring person. From there I had an in person interview and filled out more paperwork. After that, I got an offer and accepted, then attended a training seminar and completed online training that for some reason had to be done in the store despite being accessible from anywhere.

Interview Questions

• Why is a good experience in the grocery store important?   Answer Question