Safeway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.1

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. They call me about 2 days later to schedule an over the phone interview. The day of the phone interview nobody called. 2 weeks later hr sent me an email asking if i was still interested. I had the interview over the phone and a week later they scheduled an in person interview with District manager and recruiter. I got an offer a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use multiple company resources to solve a problem   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moraga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeway (Moraga, CA).

Interview

I sent in an application and was contacted by the regional hiring person. From there I had an in person interview and filled out more paperwork. After that, I got an offer and accepted, then attended a training seminar and completed online training that for some reason had to be done in the store despite being accessible from anywhere.

Interview Questions

• Why is a good experience in the grocery store important?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Eugene, OR).

Interview

Very simple. Interviewer was store manager and just asked generic interview questions (just read them off the paper). Asked about a page worth of generic questions and hired me on the spot. Proceeded with the drug test.

Starbucks Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

Was quick, few question. Was told I could be a courtesy clerk and possibly move up to Starbucks but chose not to take the job was administered a drug test mouth swab on the spot. Also was told they were going to run a background check.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Safeway (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through their website and was asked to come in to their HQ about 30min away from their actual store. I was asked simple questions "Why Safeway?" "Why should we hire you?" "What hours are you looking for" The interviewer was very welcoming and friendly. While I was in her office, she deemed I was worth hiring, told me she needed to run a quick background check and if it was clear I was hired. After a few minutes I was hired. Because of my 3 years as a baker/decorator, I was hired as a Bakery Clerk (that was the only position open) for $14/hr in Washington where minimum wage is [currently] $11.50.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

I applied online, took about a month and I got a call to come over for an interview. Interview was in a small security room, was pretty simple and straight forward. The entire process was probably ten minutes.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked how I would handle mopping everyday.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (Belmont, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Basic question such as "how did you find us" "who refered you to us" and some question were confusing and hard to answer but otherwise it was interesting and positive

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeway (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview with district recruiter. Fast-paced interview in an office setting, at a table. Very professional interviewer. I applied online and the recruiter called next day and left an email as well. She followed up with an additional email which offered other hiring store locations. I called her and asked about the required availability which said they wanted 4 a.m. to 6 p.m.. I was asked to come in the next day for an interview. Job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Safeway?   1 Answer
    • Go back from your most recent job to the last. Tell me why you left each and how did you go about this?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Safeway.

Interview

One on one, sitting in the Starbucks seating area. It was very laid back, I came in early so I sat for a little bit. She asked me a few questions, and it seemed like she already had her mind made up.

Interview Questions

• If someone came into the store to buy a birthday cake, what are three other items you would suggest for them to get?   4 Answers

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeway (Wilsonville, OR).

Interview

They asked me about my experience and about customer service. They sat me down for questions and I was offered the position in the spot. The interviewers were friendly and asked the typical what are your strengths and weakness questions. I would expect anyone going for a job at Safeway to get it because they always need positions filled

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?   2 Answers