QA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QA Interview Questions

The purpose of quality assurance is to prevent mistakes or defects during the manufacturing process of a product. Employers will want someone who pays attention to detail and knows how to troubleshoot issues with a product. During the interview, you may be presented with one of the company’s products and asked to explain how you would go about testing and improving it.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What would I do to improve and ensure product quality if given the job?

2 Answers

First thing, get acclimated and learn and understand the status quo (what development processes and tools are currently being used, what ideas/feedback internal stakeholders have about the current state of things, what comments/feedback have our customers provided, etc). These are all important because before you can set out to improve something you must first understand what it is that needs improved - and why - and how - and by whom, etc. It's nice to have an improvement plan in mind but it's more important to recognize and understand there's no such thing as a 'one size fits all' plan. Seeking to implement change w/o first seeking to understand what needs to be changed and why is basically just change for change's sake - not a good thing.

The forst rule to improve the quality should be to see if we are meeting to "confirm" the basic requirement set by the customer or not. If we have 100 processes going on, but the confirmance to requirement is stil not met, we really have a huge job to do. So first do a gap analysis quickly that how far we are from actually meeting the requirement of the client, Once we fill that gap, we need to see how can we now "delight" the client.

In a typical sql query, what would happen when there are no bind variables? What happens when you put bind variables, does it help the performance or not? If so, how?

1 Answer

If you had a great idea to implement something new for a CA software product but management wouldn't take your word on it, how would you convince management to go along with your idea?

1 Answer

1) If I was troubleshooting a browser, what would the steps I would take?

1 Answer

You say that you work very well with developers to solve problems. How would you handle dealing with an extremely difficult engineer who won't acknowledge possible issues with his code and often won't speak with QA at all?

2 Answers

how do you make sure deliverables are completed within schedule and without working over shift.

1 Answer

What instrumentation are you familiar with?

1 Answer

What is the relationship between software requirements and QA testing?

1 Answer

Hypothetical question: you have a team of ten software developers that have worked on a product for 5 years. They now have to develop a new version of this application but only have 3 months to develop and test it. What would the QA estimate be?

2 Answers

Explain the difference between an inner join and outer join.

110 of 4,362 Interview Questions