Web developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Web developer Interview Questions

Web developer interviews are heavy in technical questions. Expect questions that will test your understanding of relevant programming languages such JavaScript and CSS, general web functions, and design experience with web services like REST and SOAP. As a designer, you will likely be asked to show examples of past projects or websites.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is a JavaScript callback function?

5 Answers

5 vote down star 4 I understand passing in a function to another function as a callback and having it execute, but I'm not understanding the best implementation to do that. I'm looking for a very basic example, like this: var myCallBackExample = { myFirstFunction : function( param1, param2, callback ) { // Do something with param1 and param2. if ( arguments.length == 3 ) { // Execute callback function. // What is the "best" way to do this? } }, mySecondFunction : function() { myFirstFunction( false, true, function() { // When this anonymous function is called, execute it. }); } }; In myFirstFunction, if I do return new callback(), then it works and executes the anonymous function, but that doesn't seem like the correct approach to me.

I don't think Bloomberg is a very good company. I am an excellent web developer and have gotten multiple offers from other companies with big names, but was rejected by Bloomberg. They are too demanding during the job interview and it becomes a game of how well you can interview as opposed to how talented an employee you are and how much you can contribute to the growth of the company.

A callback function is a piece of JavaScript code that executes after the main function that the callback is attached to executes successfully.

How would you troubleshoot slow loading web pages and poorly performing stored procedures?

2 Answers

Given a number n where n+1 and n-1 are prime, prove n is divisible by 6

1 Answer

Say there was a function that took 1 second to execute and you needed to run this function 10 million times, how would you cut down on the execution time?

1 Answer

What's in a grunt file and explain what it does

1 Answer

They presented a demo page and asked me to streamline it to make it more interactive and presentable for a user (open to interpretation).

1 Answer

If we wanted to implement a method of tracking every click that the user made on the site, how would we want to do this?

1 Answer

1) Clustered and Non Clustered (SQL)?

7 Answers

1) Given a string of parantheses, check if the string is valid. ex: [[]] is valid, ][][ is not valid. How would you solve if the parantheses could be of different types like {,[,(

7 Answers

You have 1000 computers. Each computer contains a text file containing 1 billion floating point numbers. Design an algorithm or algorithms for extracting the top 1000 numbers from the entire list. Describe in detail how long it would take to process and why.

110 of 2,762 Interview Questions