Front end developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Front end developer Interview Questions

Front end developer Interview Questions

Front end developers are responsible for the interaction between web pages and users by designing and creating webpages using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Knowledge and experience with these three programming languages and their supporting tools is a must for employers. During an interview, be prepared to answer technical questions and to talk about past web development experience.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is a JavaScript callback function?

5 Answers

5 vote down star 4 I understand passing in a function to another function as a callback and having it execute, but I'm not understanding the best implementation to do that. I'm looking for a very basic example, like this: var myCallBackExample = { myFirstFunction : function( param1, param2, callback ) { // Do something with param1 and param2. if ( arguments.length == 3 ) { // Execute callback function. // What is the "best" way to do this? } }, mySecondFunction : function() { myFirstFunction( false, true, function() { // When this anonymous function is called, execute it. }); } }; In myFirstFunction, if I do return new callback(), then it works and executes the anonymous function, but that doesn't seem like the correct approach to me.

I don't think Bloomberg is a very good company. I am an excellent web developer and have gotten multiple offers from other companies with big names, but was rejected by Bloomberg. They are too demanding during the job interview and it becomes a game of how well you can interview as opposed to how talented an employee you are and how much you can contribute to the growth of the company.

A callback function is a piece of JavaScript code that executes after the main function that the callback is attached to executes successfully.

How to center a 200px x 200px div to the center of the screen?

2 Answers

As a designer, did I think I would get bored with coding and troubleshooting?

Given a number n where n+1 and n-1 are prime, prove n is divisible by 6

1 Answer

Say there was a function that took 1 second to execute and you needed to run this function 10 million times, how would you cut down on the execution time?

1 Answer

If we wanted to implement a method of tracking every click that the user made on the site, how would we want to do this?

1 Answer

What is== and === operator?

1 Answer

What are your greatest technical strengths?

9 Answers

"If you were stranded on a desert island, what three development tools would you bring with you?"

5 Answers

Describe some of the differences between HTML5 and HTML4.

4 Answers