Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

"As a visual merchandiser, the name of the game is creativity and an eye for aesthetically pleasing elements. Interviewers are interested in learning about the inspiration for your style, your knowledge of the company, and ability to handle difficult customers. Be prepared to ultimately showcase your skill set by styling a display for the interviewer that embodies your artistic flair or critic a display that the company already has."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Where do you get your style inspiration?

3 Answers

Magazines, TV shows about fashion, the internet, people watching

rachel zoe, olsen sisters, zoe kravitz

I tend to look for inspiration anywhere . I'm always looking at people's outfits, I look at what works best for them and try to imagine a piece worn in different ways. I'm a huge fan of Tumblr and the fashion world in there

How would you style a clothing rack?

3 Answers

merchandise a fixture.. tell me your story behind it ?

2 Answers

Tell me 2 things on the floor, visually, that can be improved on

1 Answer

Your work is very masculine, how will you work to accommodate our style which is typically more feminine?

1 Answer

Being asked to stage a room to show certain creative skills was unexpected.

1 Answer

How would you handle a challenging personality?

1 Answer

Which are your favorite designers? One interview, simple questions about previous working experience and personal interest. The interview lasted twenty minutes more or less. The person who interview me was a personal assistant of the director, everything was ok and everything nice.

1 Answer

Physical labor is huge when it comes to this position...are you capable of handling this ?

Why IKEA ?