CohnReznick Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Frank P. Longobardi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • CohnReznick has a great work life balance (in 28 reviews)

• Busy season hours are far less demanding than Big 4 but with more diversified experience (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Busy Season Hours are a bit intense due to under staffing at the time (in 51 reviews)

• No Work-life Balance; No procedures on expectations; Poor management with little guidance (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Outstanding Company providing Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has commitment to its employees and its clients. Under the new CEO, the company has dramatically shifted its culture positively. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and develop skills in a variety of industries. Co-workers are great.

Cons

Busy season has long hours as client deliverables need to be met after fiscal year end. This is the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on breakthrough services for clients, and growth for the firm. Great job.

2. "Great place to grow professionally"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent co-workers, each person has a coach and a buddy which helps to improve their own skills.
    Great amount of Paid time off

Cons

A lot of busy season hours, but it gets paid with the amount of days off and some months are really slow.

Advice to Management

Incentive more entry level associates to get their CPA faster.

3. "Senior Accountant"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance, Good People, Nice office

Cons

Penny Pinching, Bonuses are Negligible, Below Market Salary

"Disappointing."

Former Employee - Audit in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Audit in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time

Pros

CohnReznick has a lot of great people and great talent across all functions. The partners are really passionate about their job and great to work for (though can be very demanding). They have a lot of flexibility with employees who want to WAH from time to time. Autonomy to set your schedule as long as the work gets done. Lots of opportunities to take trainings to advance your knowledge (but good luck finding the time to actually do it). About 25 days of PTO, which is nice. Not expected to work on PTO - management will actually leave you alone on your day off. Ability to carry forward 2 weeks into the new fiscal year. Pay is competitive in the industry. Bonus potential. You get the day off to sit for your CPA exams.

Cons

The benefits suck. They pay for CPA material but under the condition you work for them for 2 years (or something like that), else you have to pay it back. Pay $6 to park everyday. No 401K match, only profit sharing (which is always iffy). The maternity/paternity leave policy is really awful. Coming in as an experienced hire seems really hard (clear lack of training/thrown into sink-or-swim situations). Nobody really honors giving you time to study for your certifications (i.e., letting you leave at a reasonable time to study - everyone is driven by the strict deadlines). I had to take weeks off at a time to make sure I made the time to study. There seemed to be a lot of turnaround/little success with experienced hires and management seems to not be understanding about it (experienced this by participating in the review of experienced hires). Audit busy season is January to maybe mid-May/late April and working 50-55 hours and every Saturday is mandatory for all audit employees. Management is really bad at communicating to the staff of their needs and expectations for jobs. The employee performance review process is not good because I always left my reviews with mixed feelings and not sure exactly where I stood. Senior Management can be extremely condescending and/or contradictory to you, so come with thick skin. Every partner does things differently; there really is no formal or set approach to engagements. Scheduling is tough - I felt that I was constantly in a state of stress to reach deadlines, keep partners happy, and dealing with being overbooked. Limited resources if you get stuck or need help with a client. Always under staffed. Technology isn't great, they could use better systems and training. IT team struggles because they are so small.

5. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment
    Potential to learn and grow under the guidance of some of the top leading professionals in the business
    Small internal teams allows for a more close knit working atmosphere while still being part of a larger company

Cons

N/A -

6. "Human Resource Business Partner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people - always willing to lend a hand
    Collaborative - working towards one mission
    Love the culture.

Cons

No current cons so far

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within

7. "Review"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Work Environment, People, Easy, Dress to Impress

Cons

Work hours, meeting deadlines, Guidance

8. "Amazing Experience and Culture"

Current Employee - National Marketing Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - National Marketing Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined CR in February and have had an amazing time! The staff and management have made it a priority to put my needs first and I am constantly excited to go to work everyday! Switching to this company was one of the best decisions I've made thus far in my career. Everyone has an open-door policy and it makes getting the job done fun and enjoyable!

Cons

I don't have any cons.

9. "Atlanta Tax"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Upward Mobility: if you are willing to put in the work you can climb as high as you want at CR. Many leadership opportunities available.
    -Flexibility: Flex Fridays in the summer, and a ton of PTO allows you plenty of time to plan fun things to do in your free time
    -Close knit effective team. Many members of the tax group hangs out outside of work and attend non-work related functions together. Leadership wants you to succeed.

Cons

-Long busy season hours like all public accounting firms
    -Like most companies, you have to navigate office politics. However, strong performance mitigates much of this.

Advice to Management

-CR management should focus on internal growth and long term goals. Sometimes it feels like the only goal is to get through the current busy season. Should continue to focus on developing future leaders to help drive growth.

10. "CohnReznick Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful people to work with

Cons

too much segregation between offices and groups.

Advice to Management

continue with one firm/firm first (including Advisory)