CohnReznick Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Frank P. Longobardi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Busy Season Hours are a bit intense due to under staffing at the time (in 51 reviews)

• Work/life balance could be better (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Outstanding Company providing Great Opportunities"

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has commitment to its employees and its clients. Under the new CEO, the company has dramatically shifted its culture positively. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and develop skills in a variety of industries. Co-workers are great.

Cons

Busy season has long hours as client deliverables need to be met after fiscal year end. This is the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on breakthrough services for clients, and growth for the firm. Great job.

2. "Senior associate"

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team work and flexible hours

Cons

Too many hours of work

"CPA firm"

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally like most of the people I work with. Schedule can be flexible. Exposure to different teams and industries. Eliminated 55 hr minimum during busy season.

Cons

Where to begin? This place has been going in the wrong direction for the past few years. Let's start with compensation. The raises each year are about the same and very low compared to other accounting firms. Everyone gets about the same, no matter how well you performed. Employees who go above and beyond can expect to receive $500 more than others in their raise. So either you can bust your butt or do the minimal and the only difference will be an extra $20 per paycheck (before taxes of course). They are very secretive about annual raises too. They refuse to give any information about how increases are determined or any benchmarks to compare to. Often times they will have you meet with a partner you have never worked with before to find out your raise. And this will happen two days before the payday that it's effective. They boasted about their new bonus program for employees. The maximum bonus that anyone has ever gotten was $750, half after taxes. To get a bonus, the partner you work for has to submit a form. Some partners will take the time, others won't. It really depends who you work for if you will get any recognition for anything. Employee reviews mean nothing. Favoritism runs rampant in this organization! Gossip/reputation seems to be how decisions are made. People get promoted even if they don't know anything. It's hard to learn when the people above you don't know anything. They are trying to outsource a lot of the staff work so now the staff know even less than before. The staff the company hires is getting worse and worse. I guess the smart graduates know to go somewhere else to work! Along with low quality staff, the scheduling is awful. Everyone is double booked each week and are expected to work 80 hrs to get it all done.

They do not pay for you to take the CPA exam whereas most accounting firms do. CPA bonus is either $2000 or $750 depending on how long it takes you. It barely covers the cost of sitting for the exams.

There is no 401k match and many of our employees audit employee benefit plans. We see how much other companies are giving and we get close to nothing. They will profit share but you have to work there for at least 3 years before you get a measly $1000.

They don't want you take your PTO. Other firms close between Christmas and New Years - don't expect that here. Expected to work during inclement weather. WORST technology ever. Worst trainings ever = boring/waste of time.

A lot of people get trapped in industries that they hate. Speak up before it's too late. It is not easy to switch industries. Too many people are stuck doing affordable housing and they refuse to let them try anything new.

Beware: their new recruiting platform is all a lie. This company is not the best at anything besides being mediocre.

Advice to Management

Stop having people who are so disconnected from the day to day operations make all of the decisions. Baby boomers with big egos need to actually take advice from the younger generations. Stop asking for suggestions if you are not going to take any of them. Innovation lab was a waste of money. Outsourcing is going to make the firm worse - not better.

Please treat your employees with respect. Be more transparent about annual reviews and raises. We audit a lot of different companies. We see what others are paid. We see the memos that our clients give to their employees that outline the range of raises they give. Come up with a clear way to differentiate performance and reward it accordingly. We are underpaid as it is. Make compensation more comparable to big 4. Give real raises.

HR is clueless. They have no idea what employees do day to day. The disconnection shows. Huge lack of support and awful job scheduling. Rules are not uniformly applied and favoritism shows. There is one man who has scheduled the "prettiest" young new hires on all of his jobs for years. Everyone knows about it and talks about it. It's disgusting that HR allows this to go on.

WomenCan and Diversity programs are a joke - how many women and minorities are partners? Or even senior managers?

Maybe don't ask employees to write a review about the firm on Glassdoor if you don't want honest feedback?

4. "CohnReznick"

Current Employee - Senior in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance good for Public Accounting

Cons

All depends on the partner/manager you work for

Advice to Management

Keep up with rest of industry with compensation

5. "Partner"

Current Employee - Partner in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Partner in Boston, MA

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Resources to help with work, Training/CPE programs. Opportunities for advancement. Summer hours are reasonable.

Cons

Aetna is the health insurance company they use.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the future.

6. "A family friendly employer"

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of PTOs (4 weeks at first year associate), Spacious cubes (big NO to hoteling), flexible schedule and supportive management. The WomenCan program, the sponsorship program, the mentoring and buddy system... the company wants you to succeed and is there every step of the way to help you achieve your goal!

Cons

Pay is about industrial average, client needs to be more diversified.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Senior"

Former Employee - Seniot in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Seniot in New York, NY

I worked at CohnReznick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office location and environment. Busy season hours are not too bad compared to Big4.

Cons

Sink or swim mentality, if you are a good auditor you're fine but if you want to learn than this might not be the place.

Advice to Management

Management should give more feedback and guidance.

8. "A corporate firm that cares."

Current Employee - Audit Senior in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time

Pros

I have been working at CohnReznick LLP for about 5 years in their audit department and very much enjoy working there. The firm had always treated me well and given me significant responsibilities and provided advancement opportunities.
    I recently became a mother and I didn't know what to expect since it's corporate firm life. The firm was exceptionally supportive beyond my expectations during my pregnancy and first year of motherhood providing flexible work schedule and making sure I wasn't feeling overwhelmed. My supervisors regularly communicated with me to make sure I could handle my work load and balance it with my family life. I was happily surprised to see such genuine and understanding management in a corporate firm with all the horror stories you hear out there.
    Working in corporate America, it's not often you receive such support and inspiration from your employer and I very much recommend CohnReznick LLP to other people who want a firm that can provide work-life balance and treats its employees well.

Cons

None that I can think of as of now.

9. "Audit Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time

Pros

Great people and an overall culture that desires to see employee's grow and thrive. Pretty good work/life balance for a public accounting firm. 4 weeks of PTO.

Cons

Mostly related to the industry rather than the company: focus on billable hours, occasionally long hours, need to put in a lot of extra time to stand out and succeed.

10. "Tax associate"

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time

Pros

Working environment, friendly people, flexible hours

Cons

Compensation is very low, long hours during tax season