Comscore Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.4
Comscore CEO Bill Livek
Bill Livek
Pros
  • "Few friendly folks, relaxed environment, work life balance(in 47 reviews)

• "The work environment is positive(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance could be better (when I was there anyway)(in 18 reviews)

• "Upper management issues led to problems with hiring and promotions for junior level employees(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

NA

May 7, 2021 - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best place ever to work

Cons

Nothing I have seen so far

Comscore Response

We love hearing from our Comscorians! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you leaving a great review! We're happy to hear you have such a positive experience so far!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to learn new skills

Mar 24, 2021 - Project Manager in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to learn new skills

Cons

Salary ranges are lower compared to similar industries

Comscore Response

We love hearing from our Comscorians! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you leaving a positive review! We're happy to hear you're having such a positive experience so far with learning new skills. Please feel free to reach out to HR@comscore.com with any additional feedback, so we can continue to improve.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Nice company to work for

May 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits aren't bad. Corporate culture really tries to be inclusive and diverse. The organizational structure is a little disjointed, but overall OK.

Cons

There is a lot of turnover and the knowledge base takes a huge hit every time someone leaves. There's hardly any documentation and if certain people were to leave, it would be devastating. They got rid of tuition reimbursement and cost of living raises do not keep up because they hire too many c-level micromanagers.

Comscore Response

We appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback about your time with Comscore. Our benefits team is always working on areas to expand to the many benefits we already offer. Our wellness program and offerings have provided assistance in a multitude of areas helping our employees navigate the challenges during the pandemic and working remotely. We also appreciate that you recognize our ongoing, continuous efforts to be inclusive and promote diversity. While change is a challenge for all, we recognize we are a company with a wealth of institutionalized knowledge. With this recognition, we are focused on continuing efforts to build and strengthen processes and documentation that will preserve legacy knowledge for existing and future Comscore teams to grow and expand.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great People in an Extremely Frustrating Environment

May 11, 2021 - Software Engineer II in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about Comscore is the people who work there. There are so many smart, supportive, dedicated people, and they are the reason I worked there for so long. Additionally, there are so many company holidays that you feel like you work for the government. The week off between Christmas and New Year’s is amazing. The holidays, plus unlimited PTO and the relatively low-pressure environment made for a great work/life balance. Depending on which team you’re on, you will get exposed to and gain experience with some modern technology, such as Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, and AWS. There is also a lot of opportunity to learn new skills and grow if you’re motivated. Lastly, after several years of instability at the executive level and being completely rudderless as a company, it finally seems like Comscore is on solid ground and maybe moving in the right direction.

Cons

More superficially: compensation is subpar, health insurance is expensive, and “media measurement” is just a fundamentally uninteresting/ethically dubious field. Beyond that, though, there are several things that made working at Comscore frustrating. Because of the years of financial instability, there’s an overreliance on cheap, overseas contractors. People are loath to make decisions or take responsibility for getting things done, making it so that even modest progress can be halting. Perhaps it is because of this that the modern, cloud-based platform that was supposed to be rolled out three or four years ago is still unfinished. In their desperation to finally make a semi-functional product available to the clients, management has made some very questionable pivots with this new system. The continued struggles in building this new system was the biggest failure of my tenure. While the need for modernizing was real, poor planning, requirements gathering, software development methodology, and understanding of the system that was being replaced made it so that the new system was only better because of its modern tech stack. It honestly felt like we ignored all the good things about the legacy system and replicated the bad aspects. In other words, in spite of having this amazing opportunity to rebuild from the ground up, the lack of planning and real requirements meant that we were forced to write hacky, disjointed code, reactively forcing in new functionality that could have been integrated more seamlessly if there had been more foresight.

3 people found this review helpful

Comscore Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences at Comscore. We are glad that you recognize our truly greatest asset which is our people. The people of Comscore is the sentiment we hear echoed again and again by Comscorians past, present and future alike. We could not agree more and thank you for sharing! We are glad you enjoyed both the holidays and FTO offered here at Comscore. We believe that working hard should be rewarded and work/life balance is one way we can share our appreciation. We strive to remain competitive in pay and benefits and appreciate your insight. We survey the market frequently and work to remain competitive in the market place. Our benefits package offers varying levels for employees to select the plan to best meet their needs and affordability. We review our plans annually and strive to provide the best plans and prices available to all employees. Our company has had to pivot and adapt in the everchanging technology world due to the challenges we all have faced in the last year with a worldwide pandemic. In doing so, change was necessary and we had to push forward with strategic initiatives to meet the needs in these everchanging times. We continue to strive towards the ideal and while change is challenging we are committed and focused on delivering products that meet the demands of our clients today and in the future. We encourage our employees to let their management and HR teams know if there are areas where employees feel we can improve, and we hope you shared your valuable insight prior to leaving. Please feel free to reach out to HR@comscore.com if you have additional feedback to give.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lots of room for improvement

Mar 26, 2021 - Client Success in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance, great people

Cons

Little to no upward mobility, salary is not competitive, C-level management seems completely uninterested in changing this

6 people found this review helpful

Comscore Response

Thank you for writing a review. We share the insights from Glassdoor reviews with our leadership and appreciate both your pros and cons. We appreciate our employees feedback and encourage outreach to both your management and the HR team for guidance on career growth and development opportunities. We look forward to working with you on your career progression. We encourage our employees to share feedback on ways we can improve the employee experience. Please don’t hesitate to share with your Manager and/or HR Business Partner for suggestions or guidance at any time.

6. 4.0

Good Place to Work

Apr 22, 2021 - Senior Client Service Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting people and a lot of exposure to the nitty gritty of digital advertising

Cons

Huge company can be impersonal at times

Comscore Response

We appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback about your time with Comscore. We appreciate the positive review. Please feel free to reach out to HR@comscore.com with any additional feedback, so we can continue to improve.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 18, 2021 - Vice President in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Potential for growth, good products

Cons

This is applicable to most companies.. Improve 401K once balance sheet and cash flow improves

8. 1.0
      Current Employee

One Word: Complacent

May 4, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good start for a year or two out of college.

Cons

Career Advancement is non existent for junior level without investing several years. Very easy for those to get complacent waiting for a promotion that truly may come after 3-4 years on the job. Diversity is non existent in leadership

2 people found this review helpful

Comscore Response

Thank you for writing a review. We share the insights from Glassdoor reviews with our leadership and appreciate both your pros and cons. Growth is an integral part of our success and we welcome feedback on areas we can continue and expand in for Comscore and our Employees. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and strive to continue growing in our commitment. Please don’t hesitate to connect with your Manager and/or HR Business Partner for suggestions or guidance at any time. We strive to provide career development opportunities where possible and continue to look for paths to grow and develop all employees. We encourage employees to connect with their management team, our Recruiting team and our HR Business Partners to discuss potential growth and career opportunities. Our Human Resources team is here to support all employees and we encourage you to reach out and share your feedback with us.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Smart People

Apr 25, 2021 - Director in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart People with interesting approaches to measurement

Cons

Has been unstable but may be better now

10. 3.0

Great people, not-so-great leadership

Apr 27, 2021 - Business Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my coworkers, benefits were great

Cons

Leadership was rarely transparent, future of company uncertain

1 person found this review helpful