KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 6,677 of over 7,688 reviews

4.1
Qualcomm President and CEO Cristiano Amon
Cristiano Amon
Pros
  • "Good compensation Good work/life balance Best work location(in 534 reviews)

• "great place to work & good benefits(in 380 reviews)

• Cons
  • "affect work life balance sometimes(in 635 reviews)

• "work life balance and long hours(in 224 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Qualcomm and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Good place to start your career if you are interested in following a technical path

Nov 19, 2020 - Senior Engineer in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helps you build technical depth, interesting opportunities

Cons

Can not think of any

2. 5.0

amazing workplace

Jul 27, 2021 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people and work culture

Cons

None that I can think of

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

My unfiltered experience as CEO

Jul 27, 2021 - Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was overpaid by a wide margin. Seriously, it had to be a computer error. I have no idea how I was even hired. I walked into their headquarter’s lobby to use the bathroom on my way to enlist in the Navy down the street, and I wound up running a logistics meeting for three members of the board forty minutes later. Crazy how a little bathroom chit-chat can change one’s life.

Cons

There are some real pieces of doo-doo still around from the old days. These people are still calling native americans “indians”. Get with the times, folks. Also, the company slashed my snack budget by 80% Yoy, and I’m obviously the one who approves the final budget (CEO). Somehow they still snuck that past me. I found that petty. Technically, it’s insubordination. And sure, I do have an affinity for rare juices that often times are flown in from abroad - but it’s super rare and classy juice. Basically an investment. I’m talking flavors of kool aid and capri sun you’ve never heard of, as they were never released to the public. Some billionaire russian oligarch bought the rights to these secretly flavored capri sun for his children, and capri sun corporate said, “heck yea, we’ll take the money up front, we’ll just give the public a clear version of fruit punch and call it a day”. That’s the kind of juice I was getting my hands on. Collector level goods. And for my own colleagues to go behind my back and say, “No more fine-juices”… it feels like a knife to my heart. I still had enough of a budget to get a solid snack rotation in the works, but it was never the same as the good times: fine-juices on tap in my office, a few small chocolate fountains, and a 24/7 salad bar. Rarely used, but it definitely made me feel healthier just having it around. At the end of the day, the snack budget cuts killed my motivation to remain employed at Qualcomm. That, and they discovered I never graduated from college.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic culture and disgusting manager

Jul 22, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company itself is overall good. Industry leader.

Cons

The organization I was working at has really toxic culture. For example, our team hired summer interns without posting job descriptions but hired someone who are daughters or sons of management levels. Be careful if you meet same situation. It means that you would likely be evaluated not by your working performance but more on how your managers like you. And managers could be really micro management and do career bullying on you. If you didn’t flattery on her.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Good place to work

Jul 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intellectual people around you, good benefits

Cons

Work life balance is a problem

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great to company to work for beginners

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Design Verification Engineer in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to start with for beginners which makes you work on next generation technologies

Cons

Very hectic project deadlines .

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company for engineering in San diego area

Jul 9, 2021 - Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Latest technology, Constant challenges and Great community

Cons

No cons at all in 4 years i have been working there, good coworkers and great working culture. But yes expect to work to be compensated properly

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Jul 28, 2021 - Sales and Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours, gym, stock options, close to home, international opportunities

Cons

chaos all the time. Division sold to private equity, not a stable department

9. 5.0

Great

Jul 16, 2021 - Staff User Experience Researcher in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Great people.

Cons

Corporate is always corporate regardless of the company

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's fine

Jul 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a big company so what you experience will be different depending on which team you are on and who your manager is.

Cons

I don't really have any cons for this company. Maybe accept input and suggestions from your employees a bit better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 6,677 Reviews