Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,732 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions on C, pointers, dynamic memory allocation,string manipulations, quick overview on resume
    Onsite interviews.five one-one interviews with senior engineers and senior director of engineering.
    one lunch casual chat interview
    one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Piece of code with static variable and whether the function is thread safe
      2.Simple program on string
      3.Big and little endian
      4.negative of a number
      5.Client & server communication using sockets
      6.structure padding
      7.Piece of code and find the errors. One was pass by reference, and the other was simple on range check.
      8.Questions on resume and previous project work   2 Answers

Linux Kernel Developer Interview

Interview

I had a technical telephonic interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. I had applied online on their website and got a call in 2 weeks time to schedule for a telephonic interview.
    I prepared a lot of basic C interview questions and fundamentals of OS. I should have done more preparation regarding some of the projects that I worked on as I was not very confident in the way I explained to him some of the OS fundamentals that was used in some of my relevant projects.

Interview Questions

• Write a shortest string copy function.   1 Answer

Linux Kernel Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

2 weeks after applying online, got an email to schedule a 45 min interview. The interview was conducted by an Engineer over the phone. The questions were mainly to test the understanding of the subjects. There were some basic C programming questions. Few questions on Object oriented programming. Some were on OS - TLB, VM implementation and Paging. I was asked to write a program in the language of my choice, syntax was not an issue and there was time to think about the solution.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on Linked List, low-level programming and OS concepts.   1 Answer

RF Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2017.

Interview

I got an Email from HR to set up the date. Then an email from the director for the interview. It was a phone interview. Interview lasted for 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• Asked about Return loss, VSWR, S matrix, network analyser,.
      How does a sine wave, Impulse, rect, sinc, sinc^2, train of impulse look in the frequency domain.
      whats AWGN, what does gaussian and white stand for?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2017.

Interview

Overall good experience . It took around 4-5 weeks for whole process. Telephonic interview following on-site interview. Interview with manager , two technical interview one hr interview. Technical interviewer were very nice people and expected to the point answer. Asked some basic questions then advance and scenario based questions. Asked to solve one problem on board. Asked for performance improvement questions. It was nice experience and talk to team members.
    I had to decline offer as they offered low salary and offer was non-negotiable. HR was kind of rude and you have to follow up. She would say Take the offer or walk away , she won't listen your arguments and pretend they don't need you they have others waiting.

Interview Questions

• performance improvement questions.
      questions based on your work experience and type of algorithms you developed. some basic questions to make you comfortable.   Answer Question

Image/Camera Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

There are 5 rounds in total, 45 mins per round. Have lunch during the interview. Interviewers are pretty nice but the questions are pretty tricky.......There are several other candidates around .

Interview Questions

• Systemverilog, UVM, prime number generation, FSMs   1 Answer

H W Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Someone from the H.R. contacted me with the position details and a couple of hours later the interviewer contacted me with a couple of time slot options for the phone interview. The phone interview went really well, and said it would take a week for some to contact me with the next step. I followed up after a week, but the H.R. was very unresponsive to my emails and about 10 after the initial phone interview said there is an on-site request. I haven't received any e-mail after the interaction with the H.R. rep and had to follow up with him/her and came to know that that there was no on-site request but there would be another phone interview by the team. I followed up with the HR after 5 days to ask if the position is still open to which I was said yes and said a person from the team would contact me to schedule the interview. A day after the second round of interview is scheduled, the team member calls up and says the position has been cancelled. I felt really disappointed about the whole process and the lack of coherency in the team and a very unresponsive HR who could not act as the bridge. I had to cancel a doctors appointment for the interview and they just simply called up and said they want to cancel the interview. It took me a couple of days to come back to my regular routing. I felt this was really unprofessional.

Wireless ASIC Design Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

got the phone interview through email from their HR. phone interview lasted for about 30 min. ask stuff like OOP, computer architecture, algorithm complexity, simple hw and ask about your test plan.

Interview Questions

• describe what is virtual function. and difference between that and pure virtual function?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Well, the whole recruiting was so weird. They came to our school for recruiting on Wednesday and later on Friday they said the position was filled. I understand that company would go to the events they committed to, but this is kind of a waste if time for both of us.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from HR staff after about a week. The person got me in touch with a senior staff engineer in the group I was applying to. The person called me and after the brief dull conversation the technical questions began.