Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017
1,593 Interview Reviews

3.1

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview/screening with recruiter. If all goes well, followed by onsite interview with hiring team, from associates to manager/directors/VP's, and you also get to meet with recruiter in person. Hearing back will vary, as your interview may take place in beginning of all interviews or at the end.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding personality as well as specifically related to role.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Blacksburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was in phone. They emailed me to set a time. It was 45 min interview. After that, i got an on-sight interview. The on-sight interview will be one full day with 5-7 people. they arranged the travel arrangement. I have not given the on-sight interview yet.

Interview Questions

• Few technical questions, questions related to research, also related to the post.   Answer Question

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was purely technical. Asked about Probability and Digital Signal Processing. They even asked some questions from C language. Some questtons were like difference between OFDM and CDMA and which one is better.

Interview Questions

• Difference betwwen pass by value and pass by reference   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2017.

Interview

First they emailed for scheduling a technical phone interview within a week. The interview experience was very good even though I did not perform well. He mainly asked about Operating systems and C. As I am from Electrical background, I did not have much knowledge about operating systems. The interviewer would give enough hints on the questions you fumbled. Its an easy interview for computer science majors I guess. It lasted for about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• It started with C questions:
      -storage classes in C
      -Dynamic memory allocation
      -Binary tree and its time complexity
      -different sorting methods, and asked to explain quick sort, time complexities
      -what is linked list, what is its time complexity
      -asked to write atoi function code using screen share

Operating Systems:
      -what is a thread
      -context switching
      -inter process communication
      -preemptive and non preemptive process
      and other things which I had never heard before and don't even remember.
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

positive and good experience. questions are related to job, evaluation is based on what you demonstrate and how well you can gel with the team. it was a relaxed environment and the team was friendly and showed interest in the responses.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

Applied online and was selected for interview. Met with department manager for interview conducted in his office. Though it shouldn't really matter, I couldn't help but notice the interviewer and all the employees I saw in cubicles around his office appeared to be from India, which seemed confirmed by their strong accents when I said hello to them as I walked by.

Interview Questions

• Oddly, the interview questions he asked were exactly the same questions I answered on the application, so I answered them the same way. He had the answers to those questions already in my application papers on his desk, so I found this line of questioning odd. He didn't ask me anything else, nothing related to the job I was applying for, or past performance, or my extensive experience in the field, only those generic questions from the application. It didn't feel like an interview at all, he was looking out the window most of the time; it was more like he was just checking off a box, like something he had to do with no intention of hiring.   Answer Question

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR was extremely slow and less friendly than I would have expected.

The interview process was unorganized.

My flight into San Diego was so late that I didn't get a full night's sleep before the interview (Qualcomm bought my plane tickets). The hotel Qualcomm booked for me was also not very good. I had never experienced anything like this before.

I'm told that it takes 90 days to get reimbursed for travel expenses, and if I move within these 90 days, I need to have my mail forwarded in order to get reimbursed.

Some interviewers were late, one didn't show up at all. Only one interviewer had prepared questions for me. Others simply asked questions regarding bullets on my resume.

I did get an offer. It was lower than two other offers I was given.

Interview Questions

• Perform a simple impedance match between two impedances.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a friend's referral for the Early Identification Program. They flew me out to a diversity conference in San Diego, asked me some questions, and had me participate in a hackathon. I received an answer in the same month I interviewed. The process was very laid back and fun.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a string in Java?   Answer Question
    • Given an unsorted array of length 100, it is filled with numbers from 0-100 inclusive. Assuming that no numbers repeat, what is the best way to find the missing number?   1 Answer
    • How would you reverse an array in Java?   Answer Question
    • You are given 9 gold coins and a seesaw scale. One of the coins is counterfeit and weighs less than the other coins. What is the least amount of times you can use the scale to find the counterfeit coin?   1 Answer

Digital Hardware Engineer (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Lawrence, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position online and got an email from HR telling me that a Hardware engineer would contact me to set up a phone call.

The phone call was 30 minutes where the first 15 was him clarifying my resume and asking questions about it and the last 15 minutes were technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is setup and hold time?   Answer Question
    • Given a setup and hold time of X for a D flip-flop, how fast can you run a shift register comprised of D flip-flops?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got an interview call for Embedded Software Stability Engineer from their team which is based in San Diego. The call lasted for a brief 30 minutes. It began with a quick introduction by the interviewer about himself, his team and Qualcomm.

He later asked me questions on C, RTOS and Embedded. The questions were conceptual and it took me an average time to answer them. I am hoping to hear back from them to proceed to next round of interviews.