Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017
1,635 Interview Reviews

3.1

Linux Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Questions on Operating systems, System call process, interrupt handling, kernel synchronization - spinlock implementation, How is security implemented, user space and kernel space address modes, virtual memory, device driver structure, what is difference between dynamic linking and static linking in linux kernel, do processes share address space

Interview Questions

• Where would I find the address of a device driver linked dynamically   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

had a telephone screen interview, basic technical questions, no specific about the open job. asked about work history, previous project, and few basic embedded system programming questions, like C language, interrupt handling etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      what's a interrupt in embedded system?
      How do you handle it?

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager after which I was asked to be onsite. I was referred to by a friend so my interview was actually very brief. It seems if you are referred then this is the case usually.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on?
      describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?
      Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their career website, got a response within a week for a phone interview. Phone interview was a lot focused on my resume, about the project​ and technologies I worked with. Within 10 days I got an on-site interview invitation. I interviewed with 6 different people, 3 engineers, 2 manager and 1 HR. I prepared using Glassdoor and studied over things mentioned in requirements. It was really good experience, everyone was really cool and that helped me to not freaking out as I'm usually nervous.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my projects, some programming which you should be able to do if you are working on competitive coding.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

At first a HR contacted me to learn some background about me. Then she scheduled me 1 phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. Onsite interview was composed of 4 technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. Interviewers are very nice, they ask some questions about C coding and DSP.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview following an employee referral. They only test your knowledge not your skills or thinking process. It was a 45 min interview with only 10 min asking about my research.

Interview Questions

• How negative numbers are stored and how to calculate the 2's compliment   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Interview

After a 3 month process I was via phone verbally extended offer of employment and was told by my hiring manager that HR would be calling me to discuss details within one week. After two weeks without feedback, I contacted hiring manager via email. Manager's email response "HR and I will call you tomorrow to discuss". That was 6+ weeks ago. Over 6 week span, on weekly intervals, called, texted and emailed both hiring manager and designated HR rep. No reply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you needed to get something done but organization was moving to slowly.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I got an email from Qualcomm at san diego, CA. I told me they will set up phone interview. Then we schedule our interview date via email. I took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• frequency compensation of 2-stage op amp   1 Answer

RF Bench Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a telephonic interview for about 15min -1hr. All questions were related to RF Basics.
    I was called for the onsite in San Jose. The interview was for about 6 hours. The questions were from topics- IM products, Noise Figure, S-Parameters, some questions related to resume.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting programming questions for this RF position. Some questions were sorting, prime numbers   1 Answer

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for Modem Systems Test Engineer in Boulder, Colorado. After 2 days I received e-mail to schedule phone interview. Interview lasted60 minutes. Two days after phone interview I received another e-mail to schedule on site visit.

Interview Questions

• 1. OFDM
      2. Cycle Prefix