Qualcomm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017
1,758 Interview Reviews

3.1

Verification Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on company website. HR mailed and scheduled a phone interview after one week. Asked for my availability for one hour duration. The interviewer mailed me regarding my availabilty and interview was scheduled 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Randomization in system verilog, UVM basics, caches   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Took me into a room and asked questions about projects on my resume. After this did some technical questions involving string parsing on the whiteboard. The interviewer gave hints to solve the problem. We ended with him letting me ask questions regarding anything about the company and the internship program.

Interview Questions

• Asked about project experience.   1 Answer
    • Asked technical questions regarding string parsing.   1 Answer

Modem Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through recruiter. Got a call in couple of days for direct onsite interview. Had my interview onsite at Qualcomm San Diego in sept 2017. The interview process was well organised

Interview Questions

• Resume review, cdma vs lte why lte is better mean standard deviation ofdm carrier aggregation qpsk 16 qam 64 qam   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview . Inputs from interviewer goes to hiring manager and then they call for onsite. I believe 4-5 rounds onsite will lead to an offer. Usual process from qualcomm.

Interview Questions

• Phone call interview- asked about related operating systems project details. What is static vs auto.... Linkedlist -find a basic error... count set bits.... alternative to if/else loop ( without using if-else loop code if(a==1)print 2 and if a=2, print 1 )   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. It was mostly chatting about my background and technical experience, hiring manager also talked about the job position and work content. Overall, it was very good.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2017.

Interview

2 Phone Screen Interviews. Both screens went well, in my opinion. Questions were generally Why Qualcomm, why finance, and then interviewers broke down description of job to the day-to-day and expectations.

But after the second phone screen? silence for over 2 weeks! I decided to email one of the interviewers to ask whether or not I am still being considered and was informed at that time that the position has been filled and that they were no longer taking applications.

It would have been nice to have been informed earlier. Also, wasn't given any feedback but again my general takeaway was that it the interviewers were interested and happy with my responses.

Camera Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview which was very basic. Based on resume.
    I was called on site in the next few days. The on-site was 5 rounds based on various topics such as SV,Assertions, Constraints, Verilog designing.

Interview Questions

• Discussed C++ Pointers. I was not expecting that topic. Also, Async Fifos, Dynamic Arrays in SV.   Answer Question

Linux Kernel Developer Interview

Interview

I had a technical telephonic interview which lasted for about 45 minutes. I had applied online on their website and got a call in 2 weeks time to schedule for a telephonic interview.
    I prepared a lot of basic C interview questions and fundamentals of OS. I should have done more preparation regarding some of the projects that I worked on as I was not very confident in the way I explained to him some of the OS fundamentals that was used in some of my relevant projects.

Interview Questions

• Write a shortest string copy function.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions on C, pointers, dynamic memory allocation,string manipulations, quick overview on resume
    Onsite interviews.five one-one interviews with senior engineers and senior director of engineering.
    one lunch casual chat interview
    one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Piece of code with static variable and whether the function is thread safe
      2.Simple program on string
      3.Big and little endian
      4.negative of a number
      5.Client & server communication using sockets
      6.structure padding
      7.Piece of code and find the errors. One was pass by reference, and the other was simple on range check.
      8.Questions on resume and previous project work   2 Answers

Linux Kernel Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

2 weeks after applying online, got an email to schedule a 45 min interview. The interview was conducted by an Engineer over the phone. The questions were mainly to test the understanding of the subjects. There were some basic C programming questions. Few questions on Object oriented programming. Some were on OS - TLB, VM implementation and Paging. I was asked to write a program in the language of my choice, syntax was not an issue and there was time to think about the solution.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on Linked List, low-level programming and OS concepts.   1 Answer