RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can be tough sometimes (in 19 reviews)

• Turn over in upper management and constant changing in departments (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunites"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people / corporate culture.
    Cutting edge technology if you are in the right group. A great technical career path with a very high ceiling.
    The new building in Richardson with the Gym and Cafe is pretty nice.
    A lot of upper management has deep technical experience, helps with no-nonsense decisions.
    Stock options and bonus plan. Health insurance seems great compared to friends I have talked to.

Cons

Experience can vary depending on what department you are in. (like anywhere really). There are some groups that are stuck handling some Legacy systems that are outdated, as RP moves towards the next level of these most are turning into opportunities to work with new tech as the Legacy systems are replaced, but It can be a slow process replacing large pieces of successful software.

Change is constant, If you don't adapt well to change, you probably will not like it here.

Advice to Management

I think you guys are on the right track. No place is perfect, but it is clear RealPage management by and large are making real efforts to make this a great place to work while staying very customer focused. Remember your agile roots and try to avoid getting too bogged down with policy and procedure.

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. Your summary and advice are spot on. Glad you like the people and the culture. We are getting a lot of positive feedback on the new building as it rounds into shape. I find ... More

"Senior Supervisor Product Support"

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor Product Support in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Supervisor Product Support in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee Engagement, Salaries, Dedication to improvements

Cons

Benefits(Medical could be a lot better)

Advice to Management

Stay on top of your staff

Apr 24, 2017

Thank you for your post and recognizing that we are focused on employee engagement and improving all aspects of our game. As to your benefits comment, I suggest you call Stephanie Sanders and go over ... More

3. "Eh"

Former Employee - Worker in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Worker in Greenville, SC

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

On-site team was very friendly and tried to maintain a positive atmosphere

Cons

On-site team was kept in the dark about business decisions being made which directly affected that site.

Advice to Management

Inform your employees to the lowest level and communicate, don't allow an environment of rumors to fester.

Apr 12, 2017

Thank you for your post. No time for rumors and communication is a very important part of running a successful operation, so your post has been passed on to the Contact Center team in South Carolina ... More

"Great Place to Work Depending on department"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Benefits, Team Environment, Room For Advancement

Cons

Lack of Communication between management and employees

Advice to Management

Improve the communication within department especially when the Performance Improvement Plans and Exit interviews have zero follow up from management

Mar 24, 2017

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your balanced comments. Your advice is spot on and we do have a company wide focus on performance improvement plans to ensure that we are hitting the objectives ... More

6. "BIg company on their way up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

RealPage call center is on the right path to being a great place to work! I was happy there for 2+ years and fortunate to have the opportunity for growth! The call center is a fun place to work for a while and the people are pretty nice.

Cons

There are very few opportunities to develop professionally and they tell you this is a "career" not just a job, but there is no clear path from the call center for most.

Advice to Management

Stop overlooking current employees for promotions because they "just want to get off the phone"! Of course we want off the phones! The appeal to RealPage that there were possibilities to make this a career, and that is not the case 90% of the time.

Apr 3, 2017

Thank you for your post. The contact center has clearly improved its game over the past several years. Turnover has dropped, engagement scores have gone up, we have moved both US locations into new ... More

7. "designer"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The new office space is great.

Cons

There are too much politics.

8. "Contact Center Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company was great at providing incentives for the marketing agents.

Cons

Constant change. No room for career growth for the leaders. The company is very segmented the department's did not work cohesively together.

Advice to Management

Invest in your leaders.

Apr 10, 2017

Thank you for your post. I see that you departed after a considerable period of time and I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for at your next stop. As to investing in our leaders we ... More

"Think longgg, hard, and twice before you step into this toxic place"

Former Employee - Business Analyst III in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst III in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free coffee that taste like twigs

Cons

This place is toxic and a complete nightmare! I can't believe I worked their for a year, I couldn't wait to get out and so embarrassed to even have them on my resume given their bad reputation in terms of both product and company culture.
    Realpage promise? What promise? to break your spirit and crush you!?

1. Teams, departments, and managers work in silos and duplicate effort, which is probably why one of their main product is full of bugs.
    2. The most incompetent management with zero leadership skills. Can't grow when all management does is sit in their offices and worries about their lame meangingless titles. They don't empower you to grow and be successful at all. They simply don't care, they just come in to gossip and collect a paycheck.
    3. Their main solution Onesite is sheer garbage; when I joined as a BA I lead efforts to analyze existing issues with application and I recall counting 400+ defects.
    4. Zero work life balance. Be prepared to work 50-60 hours a week. You spend countless hours trying to analyze their buggy software and coming up with solutions, which actually don't go anywhere because of the bureaucratic culture.
    5. The bureaucratic company culture has bled into employees so bad and you are surrounded by bottlenecks. Colleagues with zero ambition and drive.
    6. They "claim" to be this cool, successful, revolutionary software company who is growing and follows lean practices like Agile. Lies!!! What they do is barely waterfall, everything is just chaotic and there is no structure, processes or procedures.
    7. You are NOT compensated well for everything you put up with; below market pay, health benefits are awful with high deductible plans only, PTO is pretty bad.
    8. Whatever you do, DO NOT TRUST HR! They are not on your side. HR and Management will conspire against you, it's actually quite impressive all the creative ways they can disrespect and humiliate you, and question your integrity and livelihood.

All in all this is a perfect place for individuals with no self respect, has a day in/day out mentality, looking to do a mediocre job, and collect a paycheck. You'll fit right in and your job will safe.

Advice to Management

Get out of our offices, work on eliminating silos and collaboration, empower your employees, coach them, provide training, encourage them to drive quality deliverables and be successful. And lastly and most importantly stop gossiping!

Apr 24, 2017

Wow, a lot to unpack here. Its unfortunate that you have this much anger pent up. I'm not going to address your perceptions other than to say the vast majority of employees do not share your ... More

"Decent place if you like treading water"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay has been commensurate with position.

Decent medical insurance. 401k options with a weak match.

Nice new facility with covered parking, a cafeteria and gym.

Discounts to health insurance for achieving and maintaining goals throughout the year. Though the requirements went up this year, many employees anticipate not having discounts in the future. It'll just get more and more difficult to maintain.

Potential to take advantage of a weak market because AppFolio and Buildium are weak. Other than that, not much else really stands out.

Cons

Don't really expect to go anywhere. Echoing other reviews, middle and lower management is cluttered with idea and yes people. Don't expect to ever get interviewed or promoted up from the ranks. In nearly five years, I've only known two people to make it up to manager/business analyst. RealPage can and will hire from the outside, especially on the Propertyware side. Regardless of tenure, product knowledge and experience with other departments; you will get passed over. Very common complaint with rank and file employees. It's either go elsewhere or get so burned out you get let go.

HR complaints are not taken seriously. At all. Company had rehired a terminated individual that was let go for sexual harassment. Management didn't follow up at all with my two complaints. The first wasn't serious because of direct questions that would compromise the integrity of being anonymous; key part of the "Silent Whistle" program but whatever. The second didn't matter much because...termination. Common complaint with rank and file employees.

Fragile software package that often breaks leading to more headaches than resolutions. Development and product have been playing catch up with bug fixes for 5 years. Some client issues go unresolved in this game of chicken. Seeing who'll blink first; Propertyware or the client. Will the client cancel or just delete the issue and try again? Common complaint with the clients that email and write in. Just look in salesforce, don't listen to management because it's their tail on the line.

Departments constantly play hot potato with client complaints and bug issues. Communication is advocated but rarely taken seriously.

Crime issues with the parking garage. The city of Richardson is doing their part with police patrols but the on site security is as useless as Captain Uselessy McUseless of the USS Useless. Richardson PD shouldn't have even had to have been involved; common complaint with the rank and file employees.

I'm actually glad I was terminated. I just wish they'd done it outright instead of giving me a performance cap only to not give me the full 30 days. Why blow in my ear when you're not going to make the first move? It's just cheap and they do it all the time. Though the HR lady that walked me out was extremely nice. I don't know how she does that job, that's gotta be tough.

Propertyware had the potential do go places and be a leader but in the last two years there has been so much turnover that experienced employees are gone or have checked out. Management has alienated and driven off bright minds that could take them places. A majority of the people that remain are sycophants content with mediocrity. For the past two years, the excitement is gone. It was just a job and not a career anymore. Wasted a perfectly good monday morning driving in to get fired.

Open air workplace that is cool and straight out of the mind of a hipster that never catches colds. We all have that one friend that never gets sick and I think this is the person that designed this cesspool. People blowing their filthy noses and not washing their hands, coughing and running fevers and still coming to work. Touching the doorknobs. It's filthy and never sterilized. I've been in locker rooms at the hockey rink that feel less germy than this place. But hey, it's cool and inventive. You can't hear anything on the phone and your client complains because it's so loud but it's cool. Just look at the pictures on our website.

No severance pay but again, whatever. I already have two interviews and it's been less than six hours. Realpage trained me for better more exciting work with other companies. I can only imagine I'm on the no-rehire list which is ok I guess. Felt personal being let go but after this review, I can positively say I wouldn't be rehired.

Advice to Management

If management would listen to advice, I'd say start with every review on here and listen to those. We can point at positive percentages all we want but there are never any negative survey results posted. And there's a consistency at the negative complaints, from different unrelated people in different unrelated departments doing different unrelated jobs. Riddle me this Batman, if it smells like waste and is waste...whoa look, shiny object. Positive reviews and percentages from surveys!!

Employee morale would be better if there was a glimmer of hope to manage a department instead of stopping at Generic Job Title III.

Protect people's belongings and their vehicles instead of saving some PDF from the Richardson Police website as thinking that'll stop the bad guys.

Mar 23, 2017

Thank you for your post. I did a deep dive on your function today, your performance reviews, the engagement scores of your function, etc. Propertyware is a good product that continues to evolve. I ... More

11. "Tele-Leasing Consultant"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck! Management does guide you and give you feedback to help you improve consistently.

Cons

You will not have a real idea of the work you will be doing until after training. Rude customers.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent while in training. Shorten call scripts/requirements.

Mar 14, 2017

Thank you for your post. I am going to pass your feedback on to the contact center and Ian Marshall, who leads the training efforts for RealPage. Ian joined us recently and has great customer ... More