RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employees are encouraged to have work-life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Great people, benefits & culture (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be tough sometimes (in 19 reviews)

• Turn over in upper management and constant changing in departments (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunites"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people / corporate culture.
    Cutting edge technology if you are in the right group. A great technical career path with a very high ceiling.
    The new building in Richardson with the Gym and Cafe is pretty nice.
    A lot of upper management has deep technical experience, helps with no-nonsense decisions.
    Stock options and bonus plan. Health insurance seems great compared to friends I have talked to.

Cons

Experience can vary depending on what department you are in. (like anywhere really). There are some groups that are stuck handling some Legacy systems that are outdated, as RP moves towards the next level of these most are turning into opportunities to work with new tech as the Legacy systems are replaced, but It can be a slow process replacing large pieces of successful software.

Change is constant, If you don't adapt well to change, you probably will not like it here.

Advice to Management

I think you guys are on the right track. No place is perfect, but it is clear RealPage management by and large are making real efforts to make this a great place to work while staying very customer focused. Remember your agile roots and try to avoid getting too bogged down with policy and procedure.

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. Your summary and advice are spot on. Glad you like the people and the culture. We are getting a lot of positive feedback on the new building as it rounds into shape. I find... More

2. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of overtime opportunities. Lots of monetary incentives

Cons

Stupid point system for attendance.

Advice to Management

Micromanaging is stressful. Fully introduce staff to new employees. Hire within for advancement opportunities.

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

RealPage will provide fair compensation for your experience and skills. Also the building is very nice, and there are quite a bit of conveniences like an on site cafe

Cons

RealPage has no clear direction for the company, the departments do not work together and the majority of management at RP have no clue and lack appreciation for their employees

Advice to Management

Take time out to acknowledge your employees that provide value to your company and weed out the bad managers/leader within your company that cause your company to loose some very good employees

Jun 19, 2017

Thank you for your post. I appreciate the fact that you like the building and thought your compensation was fair. I would take issue with the fact that you don't believe the company has clear... More

"Overall good place to be"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company culture, established leader in the industry. Solid benefits package. Compensation was good. I liked and respected the leadership team. Facilities and work environment was comfortable and modern. Feels like a really big tech startup.

Cons

Operations really needed work in the division I worked in. We lost a lot of clients unecesssarily. Sales, Ops, Marketing and Product all worked in silos and didn't interact near as much as they should.

Advice to Management

Overall great place to work and build a career.

Jun 2, 2017

Thank you for your post. I will forward on to the respective leaders. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Areas of Improvement Needed"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I genuinely enjoyed the team I worked with at RealPage. I made lifelong friends and they made coming to work easy. The new facility was beautiful and definitely offered a lot of amenities to the employees. Overall I really did enjoy my job.

Cons

I am blown away by the lack of decision making they give to their managers. The manager I reported to was never able to make a decision without having to report up. Why are they managers if they are not given the trust in order to make a decision? Lets talk about inconsistency. I understand its corporate America and things just change. That's how it goes. In the 2 years I worked for the company we had many different bosses. Of course management is always going to say "it is for the better" that the change was made but in reality when another change took place shortly after that.. I guess the change really wasn't for the better. There would be months where we really didn't even know who we ultimately reported up to. Towards the end of last year it was mentioned to me that I was up for promotion. Please keep in mind that for some crazy reason I had never asked for a promotion. However, they came to me with this idea. I was over the moon! This was great news! Unfortunately, when it came down to it and it was time for the promotions to be given I was told my promotion was denied and they did not know why because all of upper management agreed I deserved it. I was told it must have been denied by finance but that they had no way to know. Okay, lets come up with a game plan. What can we do now. So, they submitted a Change of Status. Fast forward a couple of months and I still had no update on where we stood with the COS because again, all upper management agreed I deserved this promotion. I then decide to see what other job opportunities are available for me outside of RealPage because with everything above taking place I also drove quite the distance. Once I found an opportunity closer to home I gave notice. WOW! Shocker.. all of a sudden they can now provide me with that raise and promotion. If I wasn't worth it then why am I all of a sudden worth it now? How can we all of a sudden make this happen? Why not fight for your employees before they are out the door? The worst part is I found out that RealPage ends your insurance on your last day of employment. I completely agree this should take place if the employee was terminated but that was not the case. This was very disappointing to learn. I made multiple attempts to reach out to RealPage Benefits via phone and never got a call back. They will email me back but won't put a name on the email or a number. They finally sent me over the Cobra information electronically, even though I was told it would be 5 business days after I left and we are now at 10, but they said my son is not eligible for Cobra because I was paying for Employee Only. Funny thing is, my son had insurance through RealPage the entire time so that is incorrect. Of course, I cant get anyone on the phone to help me out with this. I addition, no one tried to schedule an exit interview with me. I find that bizarre, so I tried to schedule one with my Director but that ended up being a no show on their end.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your word. If you say you are going to do something then please do it. Don't put people off on the back burner to allow yourself more time in a situation. That is no way to do business. RealPage is a good company and has a lot of potential but the way things turned out once I gave notice are so unfortunate. I would recommend this company to someone but now I know how things truly might operate I would definitely make sure they knew what they were getting themselves into before they moved forward.

May 25, 2017

Thank you for your post. I read you thoughts and certainly what you describe would be frustrating to anyone. It is not how we would like to or certainly in most cases do operate. You obviously had... More

"In turmoil - reduced sales force."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some very talented people work at RealPage.

Cons

Dysfunctional company - to fit in, must become "RealPagized".
    Grow through acquisition more than organically.
    Compare on LinkedIn hiring versus Yardi to see an overview of company dynamics.
    New hires receive high deductible insurance plan - $6,000 out-of -pocket
    Senior management tolerates harassment among employees.

Advice to Management

Replace archaic legacy systems and nurture your employees.

Jun 2, 2017

Thank you for your post. I see that you are a former employee and we do appreciate the fact that you pointed out that some very talented people work at RealPage. We do want to have our business... More

"Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage (More than a year)

Pros

They were nice and helpful

Cons

It was such a boring job. I did the same thing everyday which was data entry and making calls. It sucked

Jun 2, 2017

Thank you for your post and since you listed yourself as a current employee I am going to make a suggestion to you and all future interns, even though you wrote in past tense. Walk down the hall and... More

8. "Great Culture and Offices-Just Not For Me"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant II in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant II in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great location
    -Beautiful state-of-the-art offices
    -Amazing amenities
    -Decent Benefits
    -Competitive Pay
    -Decent benefits
    -Gourmet cafe and Coffee bar

I was only with the company for three months when I was presented with an offer from a different company that I couldn't pass up. The work I was doing with RealPage was not aligned with my particular skill set as a Business Analyst/Implementation Consultant. Ultimately, for me, it just wasn't a good fit. I think for people who like document collection (Due Diligence), this could be a perfect job. It is an awesome company with so many perks and benefits and the employees seemed genuinely content.

Cons

-No structured training program
    -Learn as you go can set you up for failure
    -Too many chiefs

In my team there was a lot of direction coming from multiple sources, sometimes muddying the waters on what was a top priority. This is not indicative of RealPage as a whole, I just happened to be dropped into working a massive backlog of sites that required countless hours of document gathering. This, coupled with not being trained on the systems needed to implement a site then being held accountable for the full implementation, was a bit offputting. But that is simply growing pains as we recently took over implementations from another company as a result of acquisition of that company.

In the end, that is nit-picking. RealPage is a great employer, it just wasn't a fit for me as I wanted to be more of a business analyst and ultimately that is not what I ended up doing.

Advice to Management

Continue valuing your employees and listening to them. From my short time there it appears you truly appreciate your staff by providing them with the very best in perks, benefits, pay, and more...

May 11, 2017

Thank you for your post. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Senior Supervisor Product Support"

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor Product Support in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Supervisor Product Support in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee Engagement, Salaries, Dedication to improvements

Cons

Benefits(Medical could be a lot better)

Advice to Management

Stay on top of your staff

Apr 24, 2017

Thank you for your post and recognizing that we are focused on employee engagement and improving all aspects of our game. As to your benefits comment, I suggest you call Stephanie Sanders and go over... More

"The worst place have worked so far.... "Bait and Switch""

Former Employee - Developer II in Richards, TX
    Former Employee - Developer II in Richards, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

When they laid me off due to "Cutting resources on the team" I was on my way out but instead of having to haggle with my pto I got a severance pay and ended up with three weeks PTO while I started my new job. Other than that there are no pros.

My best day at RP was my last day.

Cons

Bait and switch, Poor management, Bad ethics, Can't seem to get things done in a timely manner due to infrastructure team and always changing managers. I was there a few months went through at least three managers, and three product managers. When I spoke with the Senior Vice President about the bait and switch they told me I was lucky to even have a job, though I turned down a counter offer to come work for this place.

I do not recommend working here unless you want to be treated like a number, always switching project ideas and like to be treated poorly. I have worked for 4 companies now in my career as a programmer and so far this place is the worse.

Advice to Management

Do not bait and switch employees, it is unprofessional, and just wrong. Treat employees with respect, stop firing people as a scape goat due to your lack of attention to details especially when they worked straight through their weekends to deliver your unrealistic results. That wasn't me btw it was another dev whom you treated poorly.

May 25, 2017

Thank you or your post. If you would like to go deeper into your details, I would be more than happy to make the time. Please call X4016. We wish you well in your future career. Sincerely, Kurt... More