RealPage 440 Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance is not a priority either (in 17 reviews)

• Turn over in upper management and constant changing in departments (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunites"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people / corporate culture.
    Cutting edge technology if you are in the right group. A great technical career path with a very high ceiling.
    The new building in Richardson with the Gym and Cafe is pretty nice.
    A lot of upper management has deep technical experience, helps with no-nonsense decisions.
    Stock options and bonus plan. Health insurance seems great compared to friends I have talked to.

Cons

Experience can vary depending on what department you are in. (like anywhere really). There are some groups that are stuck handling some Legacy systems that are outdated, as RP moves towards the next level of these most are turning into opportunities to work with new tech as the Legacy systems are replaced, but It can be a slow process replacing large pieces of successful software.

Change is constant, If you don't adapt well to change, you probably will not like it here.

Advice to Management

I think you guys are on the right track. No place is perfect, but it is clear RealPage management by and large are making real efforts to make this a great place to work while staying very customer focused. Remember your agile roots and try to avoid getting too bogged down with policy and procedure.

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. Your summary and advice are spot on. Glad you like the people and the culture. We are getting a lot of positive feedback on the new building as it rounds into shape. I find ... More

2. "BIg company on their way up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at RealPage full-time

Pros

RealPage call center is on the right path to being a great place to work! I was happy there for 2+ years and fortunate to have the opportunity for growth! The call center is a fun place to work for a while and the people are pretty nice.

Cons

There are very few opportunities to develop professionally and they tell you this is a "career" not just a job, but there is no clear path from the call center for most.

Advice to Management

Stop overlooking current employees for promotions because they "just want to get off the phone"! Of course we want off the phones! The appeal to RealPage that there were possibilities to make this a career, and that is not the case 90% of the time.

"Great Place to Work Depending on department"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Benefits, Team Environment, Room For Advancement

Cons

Lack of Communication between management and employees

Advice to Management

Improve the communication within department especially when the Performance Improvement Plans and Exit interviews have zero follow up from management

Mar 24, 2017

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your balanced comments. Your advice is spot on and we do have a company wide focus on performance improvement plans to ensure that we are hitting the objectives ... More

5. "Tele-Leasing Consultant"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck! Management does guide you and give you feedback to help you improve consistently.

Cons

You will not have a real idea of the work you will be doing until after training. Rude customers.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent while in training. Shorten call scripts/requirements.

Mar 14, 2017

Thank you for your post. I am going to pass your feedback on to the contact center and Ian Marshall, who leads the training efforts for RealPage. Ian joined us recently and has great customer ... More

"Decent place if you like treading water"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay has been commensurate with position.

Decent medical insurance. 401k options with a weak match.

Nice new facility with covered parking, a cafeteria and gym.

Discounts to health insurance for achieving and maintaining goals throughout the year. Though the requirements went up this year, many employees anticipate not having discounts in the future. It'll just get more and more difficult to maintain.

Potential to take advantage of a weak market because AppFolio and Buildium are weak. Other than that, not much else really stands out.

Cons

Don't really expect to go anywhere. Echoing other reviews, middle and lower management is cluttered with idea and yes people. Don't expect to ever get interviewed or promoted up from the ranks. In nearly five years, I've only known two people to make it up to manager/business analyst. RealPage can and will hire from the outside, especially on the Propertyware side. Regardless of tenure, product knowledge and experience with other departments; you will get passed over. Very common complaint with rank and file employees. It's either go elsewhere or get so burned out you get let go.

HR complaints are not taken seriously. At all. Company had rehired a terminated individual that was let go for sexual harassment. Management didn't follow up at all with my two complaints. The first wasn't serious because of direct questions that would compromise the integrity of being anonymous; key part of the "Silent Whistle" program but whatever. The second didn't matter much because...termination. Common complaint with rank and file employees.

Fragile software package that often breaks leading to more headaches than resolutions. Development and product have been playing catch up with bug fixes for 5 years. Some client issues go unresolved in this game of chicken. Seeing who'll blink first; Propertyware or the client. Will the client cancel or just delete the issue and try again? Common complaint with the clients that email and write in. Just look in salesforce, don't listen to management because it's their tail on the line.

Departments constantly play hot potato with client complaints and bug issues. Communication is advocated but rarely taken seriously.

Crime issues with the parking garage. The city of Richardson is doing their part with police patrols but the on site security is as useless as Captain Uselessy McUseless of the USS Useless. Richardson PD shouldn't have even had to have been involved; common complaint with the rank and file employees.

I'm actually glad I was terminated. I just wish they'd done it outright instead of giving me a performance cap only to not give me the full 30 days. Why blow in my ear when you're not going to make the first move? It's just cheap and they do it all the time. Though the HR lady that walked me out was extremely nice. I don't know how she does that job, that's gotta be tough.

Propertyware had the potential do go places and be a leader but in the last two years there has been so much turnover that experienced employees are gone or have checked out. Management has alienated and driven off bright minds that could take them places. A majority of the people that remain are sycophants content with mediocrity. For the past two years, the excitement is gone. It was just a job and not a career anymore. Wasted a perfectly good monday morning driving in to get fired.

Open air workplace that is cool and straight out of the mind of a hipster that never catches colds. We all have that one friend that never gets sick and I think this is the person that designed this cesspool. People blowing their filthy noses and not washing their hands, coughing and running fevers and still coming to work. Touching the doorknobs. It's filthy and never sterilized. I've been in locker rooms at the hockey rink that feel less germy than this place. But hey, it's cool and inventive. You can't hear anything on the phone and your client complains because it's so loud but it's cool. Just look at the pictures on our website.

No severance pay but again, whatever. I already have two interviews and it's been less than six hours. Realpage trained me for better more exciting work with other companies. I can only imagine I'm on the no-rehire list which is ok I guess. Felt personal being let go but after this review, I can positively say I wouldn't be rehired.

Advice to Management

If management would listen to advice, I'd say start with every review on here and listen to those. We can point at positive percentages all we want but there are never any negative survey results posted. And there's a consistency at the negative complaints, from different unrelated people in different unrelated departments doing different unrelated jobs. Riddle me this Batman, if it smells like waste and is waste...whoa look, shiny object. Positive reviews and percentages from surveys!!

Employee morale would be better if there was a glimmer of hope to manage a department instead of stopping at Generic Job Title III.

Protect people's belongings and their vehicles instead of saving some PDF from the Richardson Police website as thinking that'll stop the bad guys.

Mar 23, 2017

Thank you for your post. I did a deep dive on your function today, your performance reviews, the engagement scores of your function, etc. Propertyware is a good product that continues to evolve. I ... More

7. "Great company but was time to move on. . ."

Pros

Great people to work with! I learned a lot!

Cons

No cons, I was just there too long. And needed to expand

Advice to Management

n/a

Mar 14, 2017

Thank you for your post. I am glad that you enjoyed your teammates and learned a lot. I sincerely trust you will find what you are looking for in your quest to expand. Thank you for your service and ... More

8. "Implementation Consultant"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. 401K matching is pretty decent. Vacation time is good also

Cons

Depending on where you live, the drive can be a bit of a hassle

Advice to Management

Management is goo

Mar 14, 2017

Thank you for post and thank you for noticing that our benefits package is very competitive. We just announced our highest discretionary 401k match ever. The company is performing. Planning a good ... More

9. "Best company to work with"

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Awesome environment, friendly people. I love working with the people.

Cons

nothing. I don't see any cons working for RealPage.

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you're on the team and have noticed that we have made a considerable investment in our work environment and more importantly how we work. Sincerely, Kurt Twining ... More

"Bad experience that discouraged me"

Current Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gym, beautiful building, bike rentals, has a Starbucks

Cons

Management and moral in credentialing, lack of training for new hires

Advice to Management

Pros: NICE BUILDING, Gym, bike rentalsCons: Managment, Training, lack of communication within departmentI was really excited about my new position. Unti the director of my department came into my training class, put on a fake smile and a fake encouragement speech. Then she went and told my direct boss. That she wasn't confident in us?! Like who does that? It was not only back stabbing but very unprofessional. She had every opportunity to discuss her concerns. Now with that being said. They cram 6weeks of insurance training into 2 weeks!!!!!! Expect you to test out and throw you on the phones?!?!?. I have 20 plus years call center experience and this by far was the worst training I ever had. How can you judge me on my lack of knowledge when you dont properly train? Also if I might add. Its NOT the trainer Denise fault. She basically has 5 jobs in one and was pulled in EVERY DIRECTION during our training. She needs a raise. My advice for real page is to have an actual trainer and train properly. Or you'll continue to loose good people. I was really excited about this company and thought i had a future there. But thanks to management. I'll take my skills elsewhere. Oh and the ladies at the security desk had me waiting almost an HOUR for a temporary badge. I was locked out of my department with no way to get in. It was BEYOND UNPROFESSIONAL. I've never worked for a company that discouraged me instead of encouragement

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for your post. You have raised several opportunities that I will follow up on with training and facilities. I sincerely wish your experience had been different, so we need to deep dive ... More

"Great"

Pros

Great place to work. Not bad at all.

Cons

None at all. It is a good place to work.

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for your post. If you ever want to come back, please give me a call direct x4016. Sincerely, Kurt Twining