RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employees are encouraged to have work-life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Great people - from the maintenance staff all the way to top management (in 33 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Opportunites"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people / corporate culture.
    Cutting edge technology if you are in the right group. A great technical career path with a very high ceiling.
    The new building in Richardson with the Gym and Cafe is pretty nice.
    A lot of upper management has deep technical experience, helps with no-nonsense decisions.
    Stock options and bonus plan. Health insurance seems great compared to friends I have talked to.

Cons

Experience can vary depending on what department you are in. (like anywhere really). There are some groups that are stuck handling some Legacy systems that are outdated, as RP moves towards the next level of these most are turning into opportunities to work with new tech as the Legacy systems are replaced, but It can be a slow process replacing large pieces of successful software.

Change is constant, If you don't adapt well to change, you probably will not like it here.

Advice to Management

I think you guys are on the right track. No place is perfect, but it is clear RealPage management by and large are making real efforts to make this a great place to work while staying very customer focused. Remember your agile roots and try to avoid getting too bogged down with policy and procedure.

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for your post. Your summary and advice are spot on. Glad you like the people and the culture. We are getting a lot of positive feedback on the new building as it rounds into shape. I find... More

2. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back culture, lots of room for movement between departments, work from home opportunities.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for upward movement

Oct 18, 2017

Thank you for your post. Lets explore the upward mobility comment. Let me buy you lunch and let's discuss your career aspirations. x4016. Sincerely, Kurt Twining.

"Don't pass go, don't collect $200!"

Current Employee - Accouny Executive in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Accouny Executive in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One can do well when provided with the proper guidance from management. Constant change of procedures, but it is often for the better.

Cons

acquiring so many businesses in a short time span that it affects sales and management's ability to manage appropriately.

Advice to Management

Stop being loyal to managers without any or with minimal true management skills or those who refuse to adhere to upper managements constant change of directive for sales associates. If a manager uses the "F" word 55x a day, teach him to remove it from his vocabulary who get rid of him!

Nov 13, 2017

Thank you for your post. Lets start with your cons that acquisitions have impacted sales. We are gaining momentum in sales and the numbers that are being posted are quite impressive year over year... More

"Slowly Getting Better"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Over the past couple years the company has changed for the better. The Richardson office offers skills classes that help with our actual jobs and would cost us money on our own. We recently signed up for a Corporate Challenge, which brought together different parts of the business and really allowed us to get to know coworkers we wouldn’t normally interact with. The gym and cafeteria at our location is great as well. Overall the culture seems to be improving and getting to know my coworkers has been a huge morale booster.

Cons

The company doesn’t think/act like a growing technology company. There is a very “old school” mentality that is very damaging to the actual workers, which causes heavy turnover. There is a rumor of not allowing remote employees anymore. The most successful technology companies have employees scattered all over the world. You don’t have to be face to face to be productive. Studies have shown remote employees are more productive.

We are also forced to participate in surveys that ask us about our manager. We’ve completed this survey for over 3 years I believe and literally nothing has changed. The questions are redundant and no one answers truthfully. One reason is that we don’t trust that the survey is truly anonymous. Second reason is that it’s way too long and we are way too busy. Leadership is not transparent enough for us to trust answering truthfully.

Our benefits are VERY limited. We only offer one medical option and it’s not really a benefit for those of us that don’t meet our deductible. 401(k) vesting and match are not great by any means.

Pay isn’t horrible, but it’s also not great. Management doesn’t like to pay people for what the actually bring to the table, but instead bring them in low and make it impossible to reach reasonable pay. This also causes much turnover.

Advice to Management

Come out of your executive offices and see what really builds the company up. Think about your lower level employees that can’t afford to meet their deductible. Appreciate all employees. Listen to us...we are the future of RealPage.

The absolute best advice I can is to keep building on what you’ve started to do recently. The morale has improved tremendously.

Oct 9, 2017

Thank you for your post. We appreciate and agree with your observations that we are trying very hard to build a great work environment. The Corporate Challenge was for a great cause and it was fun as... More

5. "Grow Grow Grow"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has given me many new experiences that I really appreciate. Somethings cannot be taught you just learn them and that's what you get at realpage. If you want to be treated with respect and grow with this company you have to present yourself as so.

Cons

I see no problems they are constantly changing for the better.

Advice to Management

None they are doing great. Just one thing please allow me to work here again I miss the environment.

Oct 17, 2017

Thank you for your post. Give me a call at 972-820-4016 and lets review your situation. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

6. "Growing in the Right Direction"

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Specialist I, in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Specialist I, in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is growing and making adjustments to processes to help promote a positive environments, client experience, and employee relations.

Cons

With growth, comes growing pains as we try to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Advice to Management

Be more uniform across departments with policies and approach and less people will want to jump departments.

Oct 9, 2017

Thank you for your post. I would really appreciate your feedback on which policies you are referring to as we do want to be uniform in approach. Please give me a call and I will buy you lunch and we... More

7. "Marketing Associate"

Current Employee - Marketing in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Feels like a family. Management seems to care about people and want you to excel.

Cons

Hard to move up. Hard to bonus.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities

Sep 18, 2017

Thanks for the post. I'm glad you feel the company has a good atmosphere. Lets get together and talk about a career path for you. Call me direct at x4016 and lets explore together your career desires... More

8. "Good environment"

Former Employee - Internal Audit Intern in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Intern in Richardson, TX

Pros

Big company, growing quickly, nice people

Cons

Can get monotonous if your team is boring

Sep 18, 2017

Thank you for your post. 100% agree with your comments. So find some exciting people to associate with and we certainly have a lot of those. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Not valued"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

gym on site
    cafeteria with healthy options on site
    employees

Cons

No culture
    Upper management has no consideration for employees

Sep 29, 2017

Thank you for your post. I agree with your Pros and thank you for mentioning them. Every company has a culture. I see that you have been with the company for over 5 years. That means you have a point... More

"Bad Management"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Team and Environment

Cons

Favoritism and horrible Management, they really look down on male employees. Some employees have triple the work load of others that just talk bs all day.

Advice to Management

Stop favoritism! Fix work load!

Sep 29, 2017

Thank you for your post. If you worked in Ann Arbor, then you were a part of the acquired company NWP. Pros you like were team and environment. I will have Elaine Johnson look into your Cons with... More