RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employees are encouraged to have work-life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Great people - from the maintenance staff all the way to top management (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be tough sometimes (in 20 reviews)

• Some from the upper management is not open for others' opinion (in 30 reviews)

1. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back culture, lots of room for movement between departments, work from home opportunities.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for upward movement

Oct 18, 2017

Thank you for your post. Lets explore the upward mobility comment. Let me buy you lunch and let's discuss your career aspirations. x4016. Sincerely, Kurt Twining.

"I miss my job..."

Former Employee - Processor in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Processor in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working from Home, advancement opportunities, teamwork

Cons

The outsourcing of American jobs to foreign countries, no acknowledgement or recognition from CEO and higher ups, a blind eye is often turned. I didn't work in the office, so I cannot give pros nor cons about any of that.

Advice to Management

Hire me back, to work remote part time...LOL. I realize that foreign labor is cheaper than American labor, but just remember that you get what you pay for. Also, watch your backs with some of your managers because sneaky things go on, and often. CEOs and upper management, introduce yourselves to ALL employees, even if it's just by email, and tell them they can come to you at any time. Make yourselves more accessible. Make ALl your employees feel vital and important, because it takes a village!

Jan 23, 2018

Thank you for your post. Lets take a deep dive on your situation and explore the four corners of the opportunity in front of us. Please call me a 972-820-4016...sincerely Kurt Twining

3. "I wish loyalty was a two way street"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my team members and the product we represented. Enjoyed working for #1 PMS in country. Great benefits and amazing new office space.

Cons

I wish I could be honest but I’m too afraid of the large legal team that might send me a nasty letter of warning or worse to me. I can say, despite above average performance reviews, exceeding performance goals and leading in accordance with the RealPage promise I am without a position. I’m devastated for more reasons than just the lost salary.

Advice to Management

Require documentation when supervisors say that changes need to be made that impact long term, loyal leaders. Discuss the team member’s side or alternatives to whatever is being proposed. Don’t just go with it because Texas is an at will employment state and the law allows it. It should be more than just because it’s legal; is it right? It’s a small world we work in and those you treat without regard might just be the decision maker at your next big deal.

"Demanding"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Carrollton, TX

I worked at RealPage (More than a year)

Pros

People you work with are great!

Cons

The call center is run by Level One, which is a subdivision of Real Page. They do not care about their employees like they say they do and there's a huge turnaround rate because of it.

Jan 2, 2018

Thank you for your post and acknowledging great teammates! I would say that the Contact Center is turning it around. It has won 4 great places to work awards in 2017. From South Carolina on to the... More

"Not a terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team leads are awesome people. RP has great benefits with decent pay and opens the door into onsite property management.

Cons

Repetitive. I felt like a robot being drained from my will to live. Adherence. Hope you don’t have a call run over into your break then think you’ll be able to take your break ten minutes later without risk of penalty. Hope you’re fond of dehydration. Those back to back calls set to auto answer doesn’t give you a lot of time to sip your water. Went to the dr plenty of times for dehydration. Even hospitalized. They were super understanding with my absence during that time, though. They’ll tell you that you can pause to drink water during your calls, but if you’re heard being human or pausing while on the phone then you’re penalized for it later. You’ll look around the room and see that the person across the walk way is sleeping at their desk bc they literally have no calls coming in. Meanwhile you haven’t had a chance to catch a breath since your last break. Some people would average 30 calls a day while others averaged over 100! It’s been almost six months since I’ve worked there and I still have not received my HSA benefits that I earned during my first year of employment. Ive contacted HR (email only contact info!!!) many times and been ignored. They have a few super great policies and they used to not be a terrible place to work. Like summer 2016 was fairly decent. Skip forward to the next year and half of the departments disappeared and your job is at risk of being outsourced. They were voted best place to work this year. It’s funny bc they had all these super cool fun events going on during this time so all the new hires would think RP was soooo awesome. They even got us a basketball goal in the break room I don’t think RP is a bad place to work...it’s just not a great place if you want to keep your will to live or if you like job security...

Advice to Management

Get rid of adherence. It is belittling to have to explain to management that you have a UTI and have to provide a doctors note. Or to be told that because you stayed on the phone and did your job that you missed your lunch because the person wouldn’t stop asking questions. Stop making your employees try to continue the call when they have a disgusting creep being sick on the other line. You shouldn’t subject your employees to that type of behavior. Levelone did it better for a reason. You wanted levelone for a reason!!! Go back to how the company was run when it was levelone.

Jan 2, 2018

Thank you for your post and your respect for team leads, benefits and pay. I took a lot of time analyzing your cons to the point, I will be discussing your thoughts with the Contact Center... More

"Money Matters"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work with interesting, hard working people.
    Growing via acquisition.

Cons

Commissions earned in October of 2017 were not paid in 2017.
    Ambiguity exists on what deal types qualify for commissions.
    Reorganizations from acquisitions slow down execution.

Advice to Management

Fix the commission process to make commissions "happy money."
    Simplify the contracting process to improve ease of commerce.

Jan 9, 2018

Thank you for your post. Yes, money does matter. So I have discussed this with the leader of Sales and I have a call into Commissions. There should be no ambiguity on how sales folks are paid. If you... More

"Great opportunities to learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RealPage has wide variety of products and systems. We can learn quiet a bit on different technologies.

Cons

Communication across the teams is not that great.

Dec 12, 2017

Thank you for your post and thank you for your service. We are actively trying to improve our communication across all functions via the employee portal and cross company collaboration. It was the... More

"call center"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team lead was wonderful. Very helpful and understanding.

Cons

Some people may not have a problem with this but it was my first time in a call center setting so I was unaware of the micro-management protocols. I have self managed most of my career so the constant phone surveillance and grading of everything I did was humiliating and many times counter productive. It would have been tolerable if there were advancement opportunities available. Unfortunately, they are very limited ...almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

Be honest about advancement opportunities during the recruiting process. Adding misled, career minded people to your staff in a position with no advancement path will likely place more frustration and stress in daily operations. Remember - happy people are the most productive people. Try and earn employees loyalty instead of demanding it. See your employee as an asset that adds value to your business and not a necessary nuisance . Spend less of your budget on pizza and prizes and more on the employees future with the company. Offer management training programs, tech classes or even cross train for multiple positions during the employees initial training program. Find productive ways to help your employee avoid slipping into a monotony induced comatose state. This would be a much greater boost to the economy and deterring local poverty than your United Way donations are! Treat your employees like adults. Even children don't like being treated like children!

"Don't pass go, don't collect $200!"

Current Employee - Accouny Executive in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Accouny Executive in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One can do well when provided with the proper guidance from management. Constant change of procedures, but it is often for the better.

Cons

acquiring so many businesses in a short time span that it affects sales and management's ability to manage appropriately.

Advice to Management

Stop being loyal to managers without any or with minimal true management skills or those who refuse to adhere to upper managements constant change of directive for sales associates. If a manager uses the "F" word 55x a day, teach him to remove it from his vocabulary who get rid of him!

Nov 13, 2017

Thank you for your post. Lets start with your cons that acquisitions have impacted sales. We are gaining momentum in sales and the numbers that are being posted are quite impressive year over year... More

"Slowly Getting Better"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Over the past couple years the company has changed for the better. The Richardson office offers skills classes that help with our actual jobs and would cost us money on our own. We recently signed up for a Corporate Challenge, which brought together different parts of the business and really allowed us to get to know coworkers we wouldn’t normally interact with. The gym and cafeteria at our location is great as well. Overall the culture seems to be improving and getting to know my coworkers has been a huge morale booster.

Cons

The company doesn’t think/act like a growing technology company. There is a very “old school” mentality that is very damaging to the actual workers, which causes heavy turnover. There is a rumor of not allowing remote employees anymore. The most successful technology companies have employees scattered all over the world. You don’t have to be face to face to be productive. Studies have shown remote employees are more productive.

We are also forced to participate in surveys that ask us about our manager. We’ve completed this survey for over 3 years I believe and literally nothing has changed. The questions are redundant and no one answers truthfully. One reason is that we don’t trust that the survey is truly anonymous. Second reason is that it’s way too long and we are way too busy. Leadership is not transparent enough for us to trust answering truthfully.

Our benefits are VERY limited. We only offer one medical option and it’s not really a benefit for those of us that don’t meet our deductible. 401(k) vesting and match are not great by any means.

Pay isn’t horrible, but it’s also not great. Management doesn’t like to pay people for what the actually bring to the table, but instead bring them in low and make it impossible to reach reasonable pay. This also causes much turnover.

Advice to Management

Come out of your executive offices and see what really builds the company up. Think about your lower level employees that can’t afford to meet their deductible. Appreciate all employees. Listen to us...we are the future of RealPage.

The absolute best advice I can is to keep building on what you’ve started to do recently. The morale has improved tremendously.

Oct 9, 2017

Thank you for your post. We appreciate and agree with your observations that we are trying very hard to build a great work environment. The Corporate Challenge was for a great cause and it was fun as... More