RealPage Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They really take care of employees and care about work/life balance" (in 51 reviews)

• "Great people - from the maintenance staff all the way to top management" (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be tough sometimes" (in 25 reviews)

• "Upper Management is very abrasive in their communication and instruction" (in 33 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A culture like none other"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and atmosphere, amenities available to employees, perks and benefits and on top of it all, it doesn't feel like "work" it's always fun, and evolving daily!

Cons

The only thing for me personally is the drive from where i live, but it's worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue seeking great talent, and don't change a thing you're doing if it works.

Apr 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing this post and the confidence that you have in RealPage. It is an incredible experience when work does not feel like work. All the best. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

2. "Great Onboarding, Training, Management, and Facility"

Current Employee - Implementation Services Representative in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Services Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good emphasis on promoting from within, shows opportunities in the department. I often talk with employees that used to be in my position today and have moved up with nothing but praise for the company.
    - The job's responsibilities were clearly laid out during interview. Training helped me get up to speed.
    - Teammates are skillful and easy to get along.
    - Cafeteria and gym are awesome! I use them often.

Cons

Nothing, I love this place.

"Wide pay variations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love my co-workers and have seen a lot of improvements over the years. My immediate manager is very supportive.

Cons

There are serious variations in pay of long time employees and new blood coming in. The only way to get paid what you are worth is to leave and come back. While I got a higher than normal pay raise this year, I am still $15k under someone that was hired last year with no experience in the specific area. There has been a significant issue of not having enough resources to handle the workload for years. The common theme is that we don't have enough resources to handle the various jobs. If someone is out due to vacation or illness, the entire department suffers and it takes weeks to get back to "normal". Managers often work nights and weekends just to keep up.

Advice to Management

Hiring new people with significantly higher salaries than the seasoned and exceptional employees leads to a serious morale problem, especially when the new hires have no experience and the seasoned employees are training the new ones. People do talk. Despite all the benefits and amenities and telling me I am valued and exceptional, my salary says otherwise. I have seen exceptional and loyal employees leave because of salary only to have someone new come in with a higher salary than it would have taken to keep the original employee. I will likely be the next employee move on after the first of the year so I can get paid what I am worth.

4. "Growth for hard-workers"

Current Employee - Manager II in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Manager II in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you strive for success, bring a can-do attitude to work every day and aren't afraid to voice your opinion, this organization will reward you.

Cons

The benefits leave something to be desired. Health insurance costs are soaring for both employee and employer.

Nov 28, 2018

Thank you for your post. That is the most spot on "Pro" comment that should be mirrored across the organization. Our benefits are very competitive to benchmark norms as it relates to PTO, health... More

"Great if you can live off 50k"

Former Employee - AR III in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - AR III in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a nice office with a great cafeteria and game room

Cons

It takes a minimum of 90 days to get the product implemented. Implementations is in the Philippines and the require more documents and personal information than buying a house. You will never get paid commission on the majority of your sales.

Advice to Management

Change the comp plan. Get some managers that have a clue how to sell. Get implementation on US soil and streamline the process. Update the software to compete with your competitors. It is horrible and crashes all the time.

"Life at RealPage"

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the collaboration with all departments at RealPage. It is a fun working environment, RealPage Volunteer opportunities, and so much more!

Cons

I don't prefer the medical benefits. I am strongly against the deductible based plans, too much out of pocket for employees before insurance kicks in, and it's expensive insurance on top of it.

Nov 8, 2018

Thank you for your post....I'm glad you like the culture and it can be a lot of fun to work here. Our Med plans are locked in for 2019 and they are industry norms as to the design and cost. All in... More

"Collapsing A Great Team"

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Campbell, CA

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Campbell office and the poor people who work there.

Cons

Realpage, their views and outdated work model. They refuse to accommodate/acknowledge the cost of living in Silicon Valley. They think Californians can live on their Texas wages, yet have no problem acquiring more companies. It's clear they plan om disassembling the entire On-Site team and ruining the product. No work life balance at all.

Advice to Management

Give your hard working employees more money, stop planning world domination for 5 minutes. Its a disgrace what you have done to On-site and what you will do.

8. "Almost 5 Stars"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work for. Seems like there is always something going on. United Way, Corporate Challenge, picnic, Halloween, and other voltunteer events. Also, as of 2019, the benefit options have improved.

Great amenities in the Richardson office, as well.

Cons

There really is no communication throughout the company. There is a clear line between management and the workers. Doesn’t seem like anyone other than the top people really know what’s going on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun! I know that’s not all that matters, but it was a lot of fun playing sports and getting to know other people at RealPage.

Don’t be afraid to be transparent.

Nov 8, 2018

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you like the culture...Just yesterday we hosted an "executives leading with impact" meeting and the focus was 2019 goals and how to cascade clarity of purpose and... More

9. "RealPage"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Greenville, SC

I have been working at RealPage (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Management
    -Pay bonus opportunity
    -Free Lunch
    -Great benefits

Cons

-Needs more opportunity to move up
    -Work on weekends

Advice to Management

N/A

Nov 8, 2018

Thank u for your post. What would you like to do...please call Rob Felkel or myself and let chat about your future.....X4016...sincerely, Kurt Twining...

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance, teams collaborate and work together.

Cons

The medical insurance has a really high deductible compared to other companies.

Advice to Management

Add additional automation. Create some corporate streamlined departments

Nov 5, 2018

Thank you for your post. I'm glad you have found work like balance and collaborative teams. On the con side , we just offered a medical plan that has a deductible of $1500/$3000 which is market... More