RealPage Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

2.8
RealPage CEO Stephen T. Winn
Stephen T. Winn
Pros
  • "Great place to work-work life balance(in 70 reviews)

• "Great people - from the maintenance staff all the way to top management(in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management constantly shuffling which makes for changes in work very often and unpredictable(in 39 reviews)

• "In sales it can be hard to have work/life balance(in 34 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Former Employee - IT Director in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good technical culture Great people Good place to get exposure to wide variety of tech Nice office, cafeteria, on site gym Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

If you are not comfortable with change, that may be a problem.

February 10, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to make this post and thank you for your service.. Wishing you nothing but the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

2. "Great management and was a fun place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Depending on which of the many departments you work in, management is usually really good. Lots of talented folks and you get to meet so many new people. If you work in the Richardson office, the facilities are nice. Some average perks but not much.

Cons

RealPage is growing too fast for its employees to handle and this chain of effect is eventually felt by the clients. It is difficult for even the most tenured employees to keep up with all of the changes.

June 27, 2020

Thank you for your post which is very balanced. The pace of change is accelerating and the transformation is about to become even faster as we invent and deliver smart building opportunities for our customers. So I am reading your post, thinking how can we help teammates digest the pace of change and how can we turn the does not recommend into the opposite. I would like to buy you lunch and explore your thoughts on this matter. If you are open to that please call me a x4016.. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

3. "Great Place to Work"

4.0
    Former Employee - In the Financial Department in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work/Life Balance , Understanding of Family Needs

Cons

Sometimes processes are not as concrete as they need to be.

June 1, 2020

Thank you for your post and many years of service. Wishing you nothing but happiness in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Great company, internal promotions not so much."

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

New leadership is creating a much better culture. My entire department is wonderful and leadership genuinely cares for you and you work harder for them because of it. I don't think I've ever loved a job more. I feel valued as a team member and love my leaders.

Cons

I've worked here many years and the company puts more value aka $$$ into new hires. The only negative I have is that there are a few people, including myself getting paid significantly less than others. If RealPage would invest in their current employees more, the loyalty would increase substantially. New hires come in making 20-30% more than you and the only reason given is "we can only give a certain percentage increase." Then you hear "we value you and the work you do." It doesn't add up.

May 11, 2020

Thank you for your post and recognizing the culture. If you have a moment, when you come back in from our COVID WFH, please come by and let's review your pay situation together. All the best, Kurt Twining x4016

5. "Sdr"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Good location, company culture, nice office.

Cons

There are no cons as of right now.

May 18, 2020

Thank you for your post. If you identify something you would like to improve on in the future, please let us know. Glad your on the team. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to work"

Former Employee - Senior Manager Information Security in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Onsite cafe Onsite gym with trainers Onsite coffee bar Onsite game room Great career training program Lots of open positions

Cons

Chaos everywhere Growing toxic environment CIO that needs to be the smartest guy in the room and pitches a fit when someone smarter tries to correct him. Like, literal banging on tables and walking out of meetings. Tail wags the dog as Product teams dictate IT terms they have no business making, but you get stuck supporting whatever they want. If you're in a Cost Center good luck getting funded for tools that will actually help you get your job done effectively.

June 9, 2020

Thank you for your post. Barry and I reviewed your comments and how it relates to his expectations of our new SVP of Security. Barry has been challenged to ensure the performance of this area is as good as possible. As you know any breakdowns can negatively impact the company and its customers, so yes we take things very seriously and expect our systems to be protected at all times . We wish you well in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Depends on the department"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Pretty chill environment, depending on the department. -Nice gym -On campus cafeteria -Walking trail -Challenging work, but in a good way, for the most part -They do a somewhat good job of finding you the right department if you don't fit in somewhere, as long as you're putting in a good/honest effort. You make great friends. I haven't worked there in awhile but I still speak to the people in my department, pretty much everyday.

Cons

-Depending on the department, it can be really stressful and chaotic. I was in the sales department and it was very cutthroat. I remember hearing a VP once say "I don't care how many people I have to hire and fire. I'll fire as many people as need be until I can find the right person that'll get the job done." They make it seem like you should be very grateful for the job. Sales can be very aggressive. However, I made friends in different departments outside of sales and they loved their jobs. -If they get a whiff of disloyalty, like if you're planning on leaving, they'll fire you right then and there. CEO, Steve Winn, cares more about company stock than anything else. I totally get it, it's your company and you want it to make your shareholders happy. That being said, it's the employees that make the company what it is. I remember Winn once ended a conference by saying "let's make that stock price $60 a share next year." That's not necessarily the best way to motivate people, at least not for me.

April 20, 2020

Thank you for your post. I will share your comments with Brandon and others. We wish you nothing but success in your future. Sincerely, Kurt Twining

8. COVID-19

"Poor Management of the COVID-19 Pandemic"

Current Employee - Senior Living Advisor in Greenville, SC

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Somewhat decent pay and pseudo "appreciation" for employees i.e. pizza parties and contests with prizes.

Cons

You are just a number and not a person and you will be treated as if you are expendable.

June 1, 2020

Thank you for your post. I noticed the red outlook and wonder why and if you are working with your manager to make it better. Lets talk about the the advice. 1) we are not forcing anyone to come back to work 2) We are voluntarily coming back to work in three shifts to practice social distancing over three weeks. 3) Once we understand this phase we will be welcoming more employees to come back to the office, 4) We will be allowing employees who have a proven track record of being productive while working from home to have this consideration when warranted. 5) Employees who have struggled with productivity while working from home will be asked to return back to the office.

9. COVID-19

"Run Away - Fast"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1) Company Cafeteria 2 )The company is a roll-up play similar to Infor or CA, only for the rental housing industry. Not a pro necessarily - just the way it operates.

Cons

So many, where to begin? Highly toxic company culture is first and foremost. Sales processes / methodology / demo methodology is still stuck in the 1990's. Product sale (Feature/Function) centric. If you come from a Tier 1 Software / Infrastructure background, you will not be happy here - too many meetings, too much politics to actually get any real, positive change made. If you come from sitting in a apartment leasing office or are an accountant at CBRE, you might like this - change from what you're used to. Be aware though - toxic culture. Other items to keep in mind: 1. Abusive management - verbally abusive, intimidating and regularly making sexually suggestive comments about direct/indirect reports. This happens at the SVP, VP, and Principal levels. . 2. Public dressing downs and verbal abuse of employees - SVP / VP levels executing this. 3. SVP / VP / Industry Principals openly talking about their own comp packages with other employees and non-employees. 4. When told of the above issues - SVP and VP level does very little to address the issues. Employee retaliation occurs. When told of this by a trusted confidant - the CHRO / SVP of HR does nothing. At all. 5. Forced Stack Ranking system of employees. If you don't know what it is - ask the people you interview with specifically. 6. CEO has a "sleeping room" behind his office, and will sleep overnight at the office. Strange. Other reviewers mention lack of work/life balance - it starts at the top, by sleeping at the office. 7.Open Office Floor plan - This was all the rage around 2010, but over time it's borne out that it's desctructive to employee morale and productivity. It looks "cool", and will "seem fun", but the novelty wears off. Extremely noisy environment, zero personal space. HR will say that it improves collaboration - strongly disagree. Look at the research that's been coming out for the past 5 years about the negative impacts of this sort of environment. Plus - in a Covid-19 world, do you REALLY want to be 4 feet from your co-workers?

May 18, 2020

Thank you for your post. Based on the theme of this post and the commentary you are suggesting that no one should work here, yet 7,300 do. I'm not going to say that what you may have experienced is not true. If it has happened that is unfortunate and you should bring your concerns directly to your manager or above or to Felicia Taylor your VP of HR so it can be addressed. If you have brought your concerns forward and they have not been addressed, then bring them directly to me as I can assure you, I do not ignore issues x4016 as indicated in point #4. Nor would you know what actions are taken as these matters are dealt with confidentially and not publicly. So for the record, let me go through them: There is no place for abusive behavior of any kind within in the workplace. In the fall of 2019, we took our engagement survey in which 91% of the population responded. The second highest score in the entire company with over a 90% favorable rating was . " I am treated with respect in the workplace" Our score is higher and more positive than the Fortune's Most Admired group in comparison. That doesn't mean that isolated issues can not surface, what it does say is what you are describing is not the norm at RealPage. I will be asking my VPs of HR for any and all behaviors that you are describing. Again, Katie and Felicia are not shy and are not afraid to surface issues in real time Second, if people in these roles wish to talk about their own compensation packages, that is not something most people would do, but this is a free speech country and they are allowed to do so. Is it professional, I would say it's not a normative behavior at all. Third, we do evaluate the level of contribution of our teammates into five quintiles so we can assure we clearly understand who the top performers are for rewards, who is ready for a promotion, who needs additional training to perform at a higher level, who needs additional experiences and yes who is not meeting performance standards, This is something very similar to 9 box which is very common at high performing companies, Fourth, the CEO does not have a sleeping room behind his office. Even if he did, why do you care? There is no one more dedicated to the long term vision and success of this company, If you had a chance to work with him for the many years that I have, you would truly appreciate how hard he works for the betterment of every employee. He is an iconic leader. Fifth, I get the fact that not everyone wants to work in an open environment. Some people love it some don't. What you are not communicating is the fact that we are coming back to work in three shifts which vastly improves social distancing and we have re-arranged many of the offices spaces to spread out the work force. Finally, If you're interested in meeting in person to discuss in greater detail my door is open. Lets work together in making your workplace experience more desirable and something you would want others to run to, Sincerely, Kurt Twining

"Not a bad place to work, but internal promotions are weak"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Richardson, TX

I have been working at RealPage full-time for more than a year

Pros

RealPage is huge and I can't speak for other divisions within the organization. I do feel lucky to have a boss that is easy to work with and very understanding. They have a gym onsite with trainers which i'm very appreciative of, and there is a good work life balance for the most part.

Cons

They push products before they are ready, and it's not the most organized company when it comes to their plans with products once they own them. For a SAAS company, there is alot that isn't automated which puts a heavy load of admin work on your plate. Pay isn't very competitive when moving positions internally. You have a lot more negotiation wiggle room when coming from outside the organization. They have no issue with low balling you. I've known people to move internally and get a significant raise, but it has to go through multiple approval processes and takes time, and you have to stand your ground.

March 26, 2020

Thank you for your post....Please give me a call and lets review your pay against the market and explore your ideas on automation. Plus I will lay out the roadmap of where we are going on data engineers. X4016 Sincerely, Kurt Twining

Found 683 reviews