Cover image for Advance Auto Parts

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 490 of over 491 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

First, we will talk about personal and familiar questions, then introductory questions, and then advanced and legal questions, and we will discuss the future work that he is going to have together and for himself, whether he is going to work with us or not. He has to decide whether he wants to work or not. We know that he should not work because he doesn't make money. You know what I'm saying or not.

Interview Questions
  • what do you like must about this job?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Ashburn, VA)

Interview

Pretty straightforward and easy. Only one interview session then got hired. Didn’t have to have any automotive experience but it would be helpful if you did. Nothing to stress over, just be on time and answer the questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Advance Auto Parts

Got a burning question about interviews at Advance Auto Parts? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Advance Auto Parts employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

Ask About Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Staten Island, NY)

Interview

The interview process was Straight forward, two interviews. They test your knowledge of cars and retail experience. Good health and vision. Bonus is also available. Very friendly and clean environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Michigan City, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Michigan City, IN)

Interview

Basic interview process with standard interview questions. Tell me about a time when…. What will you do in this scenario.. Interview process is very simple basic questions that can be researched online.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you made a mistake and had to make it right with the customer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Nashua, NH)

Interview

The interview was easy! Thank you advanved auto parts! thanks guys for the job really appreciate the help and honesty thanks for real a lot . Thanks a lot again, once again, thanks.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Was involved in an internship. Questions were fairly easy. About my background, who i was, the type of work ive done, the school i went to. The HR person who interviewed me was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • Was in an internship and then part time employed as parts sales counterperson.. after graduation was offered position to be an assistant manager. Declined due to better opportunity offered at different company
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chicago, IL)

Interview

Simple interview process. They will ask you of your Background and they will ask you about your experience they will ask you about your knowledge and they will ask you about your skills

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your cashier experience

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

I had one interview that was very detailed and lasted for an hour. The interviewer was personable and asked great questions. Had an offer one week later. It was a contract for 6 months.

Interview Questions
  • Had detailed questions regarding my experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Greenwood, IN) in May 2023

Interview

The interview was great and all. It was an older method/style for an interview. I did explain and elaborate numerous times about my current position elsewhere since that is the last year plus of relevancy. I detailed numerous times about needing a consistent and stable schedule during the interview come August. I knew my summer would be wonky, and I accepted that. When I got a call after receiving an offer, I wanted to verify that my schedule would relatively be the same come August. I was told that it was a few months out and they had no idea what that looks like because it was too far out. As the conversation went on, it felt like I was trying to be gaslit and manipulated into taking a job, and I stayed hesitant so long on that call that it was a mutual this won't work. My sister was next to me and she could here the volume of the other person get turned up like a dial as the conversation went on.

Interview Questions
  • The generic: like/dislikes, what management would say about you, difficulties/challenges, issues with coworkers, team environment, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Houston, TX)

Interview

Store manager meeting and walkthrough. easy and relaxed interview, easy work and system, better for people looking at part time or possibly a student. Pay is decent, not sure what the final number was since I decided not to take it.

Interview Questions
  • Normal questions like what do you want to do in 5 years, what are your career goals, etc.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 490 Interviews

Advance Auto Parts Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Advance Auto Parts as 61.4% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.27 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Administrative Assistant and Manager In Training rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Associate and Assistant Manager In Training roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Advance Auto Parts takes an average of 16.01 days when considering 470 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Cashier had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Administrative Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 270 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Advance Auto Parts according to 470 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 18.26%

Advance Auto Parts logo

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Hi! Any tips on how to prepare for an interview Talent Acquisition position at Metrolinx?

0 Comments

Senior Graphic Designer

Hello all- I have a question. Context: I've completed a four-stage interview process for a design position at a large retail corp. The final interview on Nov 15 went very well! I sent thank-you notes that week and last holiday week sent flowers and an edible arrangement, thanking and asking about next steps. They said they have been busy + will reach out soon. It's almost been two weeks. They have been so eager the entire process and now it's quiet. Should I email them again? Is this normal?

1 Comment

Analyst

For anyone who has ever gone through an interview process, only to be told at the end that the role is on hold (due to budget review or such) have you ever actually gotten reached out again with an update? It happened to me today so just wanting to see if it makes sense to just treat this as a rejection even if i was told there might be an update.

1 Comment

Advance Auto Parts Photos

+ Add Photo
Advance Auto Parts photo of: Tom Greco and team members with AAP sponsored driver, Alex Laughlin from GasMonkey Energy
Advance Auto Parts photo of: Our team members always have a passion for yes and a passion for the customer!
Advance Auto Parts photo of: Our team is dedicated to growing talent.
Advance Auto Parts photo of: Our first group of interns in 2017.
Advance Auto Parts photo of: Our team members innovate every day to delight our customers.
Advance Auto Parts photo of: Our team members hold themselves accountable to overcome obstacles and deliver winning results.
Advance Auto Parts photo of: We have an abundance of opportunities on our Distribution Center teams.

Affiliated Companies