Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 441 of over 441 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in Sep 2021

Interview

Had a interview for the Principal Salesforce Developer initial round , Supposed to be with the two Technical Managers one from USA and the other from India but showed up only the Manager from India (although seems to be not technical background person and seems to be borrowed some key words in salesforce eco system and keep using regardless of the context) ask me to run through only the technical aspects that I involved in the project without giving any functional overview . When I started explaining the technical aspects of my current project seems to be he is not aware of some of the terminology in the salesforce eco system. Asked some of the scenario based questions although not a true scenarios more of a issues that the organization is facing on day to day basis (posting those questions on the interview questions sections). Heard the review from the HR that I am more of a functional than technical P.S- After Reviewing the LinkedIn of the interviewer and seems to be he got all the carts on salesforce but his scenario based questions makes me puzzled like how one can even think of such a bad practice fixes on the salesforce platform

Interview Questions
  • 1. Given that there is a validation Rule and it’s been updated directly in prod by one person and the same fix is not in the lower sandboxes and no one is aware of that in the team and when the other team is trying to deploy a package there is a 100 test class failures and there is no time to fix the issue . Being a principle developer how do I make the deployment success by applying the simple fix . Answer : I would first strongly recommend the team not to make any changes in the prod directly before it get tested in lower sandboxes. Interviewer : what was the fix that I still consider given that the deployment is very much needed for the organization Answer : I would first take that change to lower sandbox and try to test and make the appropriate change to test class to align the test data to comply with validation rule . P.s : Noticed when i said this answer interviewer is giving me a disappointed look/facial expression as he was not looking for that answer :) Interviewer : What if there is no time to take that to lower sandbox and make changes to the test classes . Answer : I would deactivate that Validation Rule in prod until the changes get deployed. Interviewer : But the business users don’t want to turn off the Validation Rule for not even 1 min. Answer : As I said earlier and stick to it that I will not break the good practice of applying the changes directly in prod but if you are looking for answer anyway I would enhance the validation rule in prod and put a bypass to the user who is trying to deploy the package . P.s:- I don’t think he like that answer and looks like he got offended by noticing his facial expressions :) again a person with those many technical certs in salesforce would think of making changes directly in prod ;) 2 . Given there is a trigger with trigger handler and in the handler there is 400 lines of code and it already at the edge of 99 soql query’s when ever the handler is been called called and there is a new business use case to apply to the existing code with one more query to the handler . How do I handle that situation. Answer : I would refactor the code by coming up with a good trigger pattern( interrupted by the interviewer already ) Interviewer : what if there is no time for the refactor the code. Answer : I don’t put the new functionality until I fix the issue as it may bail out any time if I chase for the fixes . Ps:- He is really really pissed off and abruptly stoped the interview and said if I have any questions to him. By this time I already understood he don’t like me :) Again the interviewer has many technical certs like developer I and developer II aswell and the questions and the answers he is looking doesn’t seems to be matching at all.
    Answer Question

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

This was an easy process. I only did this because I wanted to know what their process was like. It was very professional. I don't know what else to say. Easy process.

Interview Questions
  • What type of work have you done in the past?

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Montgomery, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

Very basic interview with the basic questions one would expect when applying for a job in the quuromotive industry. Nothing too out if the ordinary. Quick process in all honesty

Interview Questions
  • Do you your state drivers license?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (New Delhi)

Interview

They took 3 technical and 1 Managerial round, plus HR round for Salary negotiations. I did completed all the rounds but last minute they hired some referral candidate. wasting all the effort of everyone, Specially HR team was waste

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

Got call from ANSR company for a job opportunity with Advance Auto Parts which is setting up their global capability center in India, Hyderabad for the first time and I agreed to take up the interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delaware, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Delaware, OH) in May 2021

Interview

Easy and quick. Very simple. My interviewer scheduled it as soon as possible. Within five minutes of my phone call I had my first interview set up. Face to face interview was scheduled before hanging up as well. She asked questions that pertained to the job itself.

Interview Questions
  • What I thought of the shifts and salary

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

Very detailed about your experience in the automotive field. They were very professional and wanted to make sure they were getting an employee that was focused on customer service. Emphasizing that you must have a since of urgency for your commercial customers.

Interview Questions
  • How many Years of automotive experience did I have.

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

Easy process, don't really need to know much, they wil train you on the job. Come dressed up with normal slacks and button up. Be ready to engage with any questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Hyderābād) in Mar 2021

Interview

The interviewer is very knowledgeable and he focused on each and everything that we mentioned in resume. Technically he examined all my skill set. The interviewer style was totally different and if don't work in real time. you won't be able to crack the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Advance Auto Parts

Application

I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts

Interview

5 rounds, took about 6 weeks for everything. first was with recruiter, then hiring manager, then 2 coworkers, then director. pretty long but enjoyed it. took a long time to get back to me.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 441 Interviews