Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Advance Auto Parts

2.2

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Gainesville, FL) in February 2020.

Interview

Submit an application online, and received a phone call to schedule an interview. Inquiries about dress code, they only required the interviewee to dress polo and jeans. Arrived early,I walked into the store. The manager is in front. Vary nicely greeted me and direct me to follow him to the back of the room.

Interview Questions

• Describes the situation you deal with difficult customers.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver/In-store Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Big Stone Gap, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Big Stone Gap, VA) in February 2020.

Interview

Basic interview questions, criminal background check and drug screening.

Your sitting one on one with store manager answering simple questions and describing what kind of person you are. Along with your work ethics.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Atlanta, GA) in November 2019.

Interview

Pretty much same as any interview. Strongest Caristics, weakest caristic etc... asked about past jobs , what I knew about the company, what pay was expecting. Pretty simple stuff to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Previous jobs and why you want to leave   2 Answers

Awareness Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in November 2019.

Interview

It was easy to schedule an interview. The Interviewer was courteous and allowed me to ask questions, she was also able to provide a great deal about the work enviroment and was honest about the career.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Sioux City, IA) in October 2019.

Interview

Super easy interview, was amazingly easy. it was simple and straight to the point, straight to business. the manager and workers were also super nice and they were very helpful and i am glad im on the team

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Raleigh, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

initial coordination with a technical recruiter, then a face to face meeting with 2 executives; more of a conversational approach regarding my background, experiences, thoughts on similar business challenges; where did my interests lie, why did I leave my last company.
    Following these initial discussions, I will be coordinating with the recruiter the next steps

Interview Questions

• - What is your passion
      - After an overview of the business challenge, asked my thoughts on the approach, how I could contribute, where I had done this type of work before
      - Where have you faced similar situations   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2019.

Interview

The interviewing process was very low stress and the first interview felt like a conversation. I really appreciated that they didn't expect college students to have to find the time in their schedule to actually come to the office and interview, and just had two phone interviews instead. Unfortunately the communication afterwards was very poor and they called me months after and asked if I was still interested.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

I applied online and heard from the first recruiter about 5 days later. I then had two phone interviews -- one with a recruiter and one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• In the second phone interview, i was asked to "brielfy" detail by background.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to clarify my role in various strategic areas.   1 Answer

Inside Customer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Roanoke, VA) in July 2019.

Interview

Initial call from entry level recruiter to discuss baseline expectations of iCAM role. Phone call with hiring manager(s) to include situational (STAR) questions and those related to previous experience i.e. why are you interested in this position? Face to face interview with the Call Center Sales Manager: total formality. Bait and switch offer for a lower paying role. The company explained that they decided to hire internally instead of externally, and switched up the position being offered to a much lower paying role. Said I could apply for the original position if/when it became available. Highly deceptive communication practices. Horrible benefits package offered, the only affordable option for medical is catastrophic coverage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an objection.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Simple 1-on-1 interview with the store manager. Was contacted via phone to set up a 1:1 interview at the store with the store manager. The 1:1 interview was approximately 45mins.
     Played some counter sales scenarios with me as the salesperson. Was told I would be updated via phone if I was selected or not.

Interview Questions

• Ask me to roleplay a counter sales scenario where I am the salesperson.   1 Answer