Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.3

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Salina, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

Was asked a series of questions by a supervisor. Then toured the facility, and was given an in-depth explanation of how things worked there. Returned to the briefing room for another series of questions. The interview ended shortly afterward.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation at a previous job where your experience and skills helped the end to be positive?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

The interview process was brief. I spoke with the store manager about my qualifications for the positions and why I wanted to work there. We also discussed my availability to work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very cut and dry, interview with the GM of the store and more often then not if you get an interview than you'll get the job. Very easy job to get

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

quick and easy. asked knowledge about car parts and availability. also asked if i can drive and how my license situation was. asked about mechanical and visual parts in a car and about products they sell/

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2017.

Interview

This company is an absolute joke. First of all, they do not use emails. After submitting my resume, HR called me a few times (each time I was in meetings). I called back, but they never picked up. Nobody ever followed up with emails.

Second, they will never follow up with you after the first interview. I waited for 3 weeks, nobody ever contacted me. I found the number to the HR person (mind you, nobody ever gave me email address or any form of communication). I called and asked whether there were any follow ups. HR didn't know on the spot, but a couple of days later said that they would like to do a second interview with the entire team (via video conference).

Third, you waste so much time but they don't even fart to give you any feedback. They ask you to complete a pretty time consuming assignment. They ask you to show up on a video but they don't show up on a video. Now, it's been 6 weeks since the last interview. Guess what? No communication from them whatsoever.

I warn everyone to avoid this company as much as you can. Don't waste your time preparing because it's not valued and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to complete an assignment. Otherwise, marketing specific questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very short. Asked me if I had a clean driving record. There was a DMV check 3 years. There was no drug screen. I got an answer back the same day!!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Two steps to the interview. One was to meet with the GM of the store and discuss expectations and so forth and the other part was to meet with ANOTHER GM of a different store for him to assess you. A bit tedious if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• If I was having an issue with my car how would you help me diagnose it   2 Answers

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Interview

Panel interview with team leaders of the department in a conference room. Each team leader asked a series of questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers are very serious during the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a negative experience in your life and how it affected you   Answer Question

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Benito, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (San Benito, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process was speedy very professional. The management was very prepared with how he handled the interview process. Questions were not misleading and very to the point. All in all it was a very well prepared interview.

Interview Questions

• Could I name certain car system parts.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Haven, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Winter Haven, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

asked me bout my experience in the stocking area ,I explained that I work in warehouse company in Illinois and in the military It was very positive process and the manager was very friendly,the interview only lasted about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• my experience and if I had a auto,He THE MGR also asked me if I could work on weekend I replied affirmative ,asked me my military experience, and I explained that I had experience in the warehouse area.   Answer Question