Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2018

3.3

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Auburn, AL).

Interview

Thre step interview Process first one they ask a lot of questions scar format pretty much situating and understanding different things you’ve done the second one is he going to do a mock sales report on a company that wants it in the field

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Video Interview that you record and send email in. Standard behavior questions that you have to answer within a time frame. Next step is in person interview with case study and role play within a group setting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a difficult interaction with a co-worker? How did you react? What did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application with resume and cover letter, a month later HireVue video interview with about 8 questions, set prep time, and set response time, no second chances to respond. A month later I did a panel interview with multiple managers, a sample sales call with questions about the tactics used to make the call. A month later I had a day in the field with the hiring manager, one week later I got a form email saying they couldn't give me an offer.
    The overall process was long, with little communication, the questions were standard sales.

TSM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY).

Interview

Easily the worst interview experience I’ve ever had in my entire life. Altria came to my school (Rutgers). First of all, my interview was scheduled originally for 2 PM. I was told to come in two hours early. Apparently, they didn’t even have me on the list. Therefore, I waited for more than 4 hours just to get an interview. Once I finally got the chance to interview with them, it wasn’t any difficult by any means. It has now been almost a month since the interview and I haven’t even received an email saying they’re moving on with other candidates. My point is, they clearly don’t give a crap about the people they’re interviewing and have zero regard for their time. Thanks a lot Altria! You are the best

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I had applied via my school's website and about a month later had received a call to set up a screen interview.
    Screen Interview: consisted of a few house keeping questions like are you willing to relocate, would you need a sponsorship or visa, etc. and then the classic behavioral questions where they want you to answer in the S.T.A.R. format. There was also a difficult scenario question that they asked.

Panel interview: consisted of a case study about coffee where you were given a packet to read through and had to convince a supermarket to lower their coffee prices. Also a few more behavior questions.

Day in the Life Interview: You truly get to see what your in for as a TSM and you can decide whether this job is a right fit for you. Be mindful it is still an interview and you are being judged!

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Altria?   Answer Question
    • You sell a product to a client and they only purchase it because you tell them they can return it if they do not make a profit. You find out the next day that the policy has changed and they CANNOT return the item. When the client approaches you and asks if they can return the product what do you do? what are the positive and negative outcomes to your decision?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Smooth process! Online application closed roughly 30 days after applying. Received phone screening within 1 week of requisition closing. Received call the following day schedule panel interview. Completed panel interview with offer extended the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to enlist the support of extended team members to deliver a result.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Three round interview. The first was a phone behavioral interview, the second a panel interview, and final round an onsite interview. All three were with different persons both male and female.

Interview Questions

• If you were to give a client the wrong ROI, how would you handle this situation.   Answer Question

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Step one consisted of a "screen interview" with two company employees (Territory Sales Manager and District Manager). Step two was a "panel interview" with three employees (Territory Sales Manager, Unit Manager and District Manager). Third step was a "day in the field interview" with a Territory Sales Manager and a Unit Manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Telephone Interview - no person, recorded skype; hope to make it to the next round. This review is just based on the first round. I will update post if i make it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you disagreed with your manager or coworker about a business decision and what the result was   Answer Question
    • Situation: you told the customer about a deal that would have a profitable ROI in 6 months. You made a mistake; it will really take 12 months. How would you approach this situation?   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for this interview and what surprised you?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria in January 2018.

Interview

I applied on line and was emailed to set up a phone call screening interview. Was told it would be to discuss my work background, and career goals - but they did not ask me one thing about my background, my resume or my 15 years in outside sales. Only 3 or 4 behavioral questions about specific scenarios. Did not ask me about anything relevant to selling tobacco products to a convenience store.. I did a lot of research to
    prepare and read a lot about the company but was not asked anything about it.
    I don’t feel that the interviewer did a good job. No questions about my experience or my references whatsoever.
    Very disappointed with this company that I was so excited to work for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you lead you team to success   1 Answer