Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about a phone-screen before the end of day. Had two phone interviews about a week later, both on technical knowledge. Three weeks later was invited to come to Richmond and present a research topic of my choosing to a panel of interviewers. Most interviews after the panel were two employees and myself, but there were two additional one-on-one interviews with directors/senior directors. One was especially intense technically, while the other was simply a conversation. Expect STAR-format questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Altria as a whole.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to manage a difficult situation with an employee/co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Altria in this position specifically?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

Smooth process! Online application closed roughly 30 days after applying. Received phone screening within 1 week of requisition closing. Received call the following day schedule panel interview. Completed panel interview with offer extended the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to enlist the support of extended team members to deliver a result.   Answer Question

Associate Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

I was contacted quite a while after my initial online application. I scheduled an interview and then was told it would be rescheduled. When rescheduling I was notified that the other applicants had "offers from other employers". Which led me to believe that they were leaning toward another applicant before I came in. There was a writing test 30 minutes before the panel interview. The panel was courteous and used the STAR or (competency) interview method. The total interview lasted about 2 1/2 hours. The head of the department was unavailable for the interview, which could weigh heavily in the process. I was contacted about a week later by hr notifying me that they would not be extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a problem you had to solve and how you solved it. (not difficult at all)   Answer Question

Associate Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

Director told me he needed my help and I interviewed for the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something illegal or unetical   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a management decsion   1 Answer

Negotiation

NOTHING is negotiable

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule a telephone interview with an Altria recruiter. Spoke with him several days later, and was then scheduled for a phone interview with two department directors. That call also went well, so I was invited for an on-site interview a few weeks later.
    The in-person interview consisted of two panels of people. Not having experience with panel interviews, I was a little taken aback by the format as it doesn't seem to be an effective way to get a feel for someone. I assumed that there would be a one-on-one discussion with the person who I would be reporting to as well, but there wasn't. Afterwards, I was taken to lunch by a few potential coworkers in the company cafeteria.
    I'm giving a neutral response because my telephone interviews with the recruitment office and department directors were positive experiences. However, the on-site process was very impersonal and required canned rather than thoughtful responses.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in November 2013.

Interview

An interview process at my school and a meet a greet where I was introduced to a lot of the employees that came from the same university program that I came from. Mostly wanted to get a sense of the fit and personal relationship side in the interview. If you are good at relating to the people who are interviewing you and talk about your experiences within school they will like you. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were a leader of a team and achieved success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Three round interview. The first was a phone behavioral interview, the second a panel interview, and final round an onsite interview. All three were with different persons both male and female.

Interview Questions

• If you were to give a client the wrong ROI, how would you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Auburn, AL).

Interview

Thre step interview Process first one they ask a lot of questions scar format pretty much situating and understanding different things you’ve done the second one is he going to do a mock sales report on a company that wants it in the field

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria in August 2015.

Interview

First dinner invitation (not really a interview...)
    Second phone interview - behavioral
    Last on site
    it was ok in general, nothing really technical, just behavioral for me. Probably because it's a intern position

Interview Questions

• "Tell me an example of working with others, when you had disagreement with them."   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

First one phone interview, then a 1hr 30 min interview with simple case. If you get pass these then you get a day in which you follow a sales rep around.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Birmingham, AL) in February 2014.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers, multiple interview process, not too stressful. First interview is a phone/ Skype interview one on one. Second and following interviews are group panel interviews. None of the recruiters are too intimidating and as long as you remain calm and keep your cool, you should do great!

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral type questions, and specifics about your resume. Be sure to have a steady understanding of STAR.   Answer Question