Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

3.4

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

There were three rounds, with the last day being a "day in the field." The first two rounds were mostly behavioral questions. The main negative was that it was typically 1-2 weeks between each interview, which made the process seem long.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Standard behavioral questions throughout. Phone interview, 2 on 1 interview, Panel interview, day in the field. The interview is all about selling yourself, after all it is a sales position. Be confident and understand the position. STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to evaluate the pros and cons in a situation.   Answer Question

Sales/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The interview process was tough. There was one initial meeting with a campus interview. Next there was a phone interview with behavioral questions (STAR). After that, I had a panel interview with a case study. I presented my findings to the panel and then they asked questions about it. Last, there was a day in the field interview where you shadow the employees and then make a pitch to an actual store owner at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a deadline that was hard to meet.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Two interviews. First was a screening interview. Next a panel interview with manager, district manager, and regional manager. A lot of standard questions straight from the book

Interview Questions

• Figure out profit marging using the following scenario   1 Answer

Information Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The initial application and phone screening process moved quickly and efficiently. The on-site panel interview was reasonably scheduled within two (2) weeks. The actual panel interview itself was excessive. In two (2) hours, I fielded nearly a dozen situational questions. The interview was extremely formal and rigid with a one-way dialogue. Unfortunately, it felt more like an interrogation; it would have been more beneficial to have an actual, two-way conversation, so both sides could learn more. The next steps were unclear, and, after more than four (4) weeks, I never received an update of any kind.

Interview Questions

• Frankly, all of the questions were a bit formulaic without truly being focused on uncovering strengths.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Took three weeks. First interview was a typical behavior interview, asked about past experiences and want your to answer using STAR format. Second round is a case study, it really isn't that bad you just have to be strong in your answers.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview of about one hour. Overview of resume and experience and several S.T.A.R. format questions. Panel interview after that which starts with brief experience overview. Followed by three to five S.T.A.R. questions. As soon as you arrive you will be given a packet of information to review that is a mock sales call. You have to create your plan for the sales call and what information you will use. In exactly thirty minutes they will take your notes away and you will have to defend your plan and role play the sales call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to create a process to analyze date to make a decision.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

It was quick and it was a 15 minute phone interview. not sure if it went well not a not fan of phone interviews but they were very nice and answered all my questions about the internship and made me feel good about my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took leadership   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time your ideas were used?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The recruiters were extremely nice and welcoming. I had three interviewers interview me but they did everything to make sure that I felt comfortable. The interview definitely felt like a conversation, and they were really interested in hearing my side of the story. Whenever I answered a question with a story, they kept asking more questions to what I was saying. It didn't feel like an interview, they seemed like they were really interested in what I was saying and involved in.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time that you worked with data.

Describe one thing that you're passionate about.
      Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria (Gainesville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

behavioral and hipothethical questions. Asked to use the STAR method. Get ready to explain deeply what you are saying. Interviewer was really focused on the results of what you have done. Researching the company is very useful to ask questions in such a particular industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you sold something, and the results of it   1 Answer