Altria Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altria Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2018

3.3

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Step one consisted of a "screen interview" with two company employees (Territory Sales Manager and District Manager). Step two was a "panel interview" with three employees (Territory Sales Manager, Unit Manager and District Manager). Third step was a "day in the field interview" with a Territory Sales Manager and a Unit Manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Telephone Interview - no person, recorded skype; hope to make it to the next round. This review is just based on the first round. I will update post if i make it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you disagreed with your manager or coworker about a business decision and what the result was   Answer Question
    • Situation: you told the customer about a deal that would have a profitable ROI in 6 months. You made a mistake; it will really take 12 months. How would you approach this situation?   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for this interview and what surprised you?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altria in January 2018.

Interview

I applied on line and was emailed to set up a phone call screening interview. Was told it would be to discuss my work background, and career goals - but they did not ask me one thing about my background, my resume or my 15 years in outside sales. Only 3 or 4 behavioral questions about specific scenarios. Did not ask me about anything relevant to selling tobacco products to a convenience store.. I did a lot of research to
    prepare and read a lot about the company but was not asked anything about it.
    I don’t feel that the interviewer did a good job. No questions about my experience or my references whatsoever.
    Very disappointed with this company that I was so excited to work for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you lead you team to success   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

The process is not too hard, you just need to prepare. This was my first ever sequence of job interviews and I spent lots of time preparing and ended up doing well. For the behavioral interview, go over the S.T.A.R. method if you have never used it before. Think of experiences and how to speak about them in the correct format. For the panel interview, review basic sales calculations (margin, markup, COGS, etc) and strong sales pitch tactics. The whole point of this interview is to sell yourself, so if you can answer each question confidently, you've got it.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

First round - behavioral. Second round - case study and more behavioral questions. You must pretend you are consulting a store owner. Last round - Day in the field, basically shadowing employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used outside data to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria in November 2017.

Interview

A lot of your typical behavioral interview questions and it wasn't too bad. Then there was the situational question and you had to make a sales pitch which was intimating but the interviewers were nice so again wasn't bad. On the last interview you go to two stores and go through the process of what they do

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you made a decision that your boss may have not liked or went against their views   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

I did just the phone interview where they asked basic questions like me about yourself, tell me a situation where I had a leadership role and how I handled that position.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

There is three rounds, the first is a phone call, then a panel interview and lastly a "day in the life" type round. The phone interview was a quick conversation, mostly behavioral questions. The second round was the panel interview. They give you a very ambiguous case that you have 20 minutes to review and create a business plan for.

TSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their web portal, Unit Manager called me for screening interview. After that I received call for panel interview. If panel interview went well they will call for a day in market.

Interview Questions

• Tell me situation when you had conflict with your boss using STAR.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

“tell me about yourself”

Tell us about a time that you had to solve a challenging problem. What did you do?

Describe a situation where you didn't accomplish the goal you had set for yourself.

Explain how you used leverage in group project at school.