American Girl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Girl Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

Overall I had 4 interviews. I was called by the Corprate HR where she conducted the first interview with general management questions, then I had an interview with the Regional AP manager and went into more questions about my experiences and how the AP program is structured there, I then had an interview with the store manager and was laid back but was very professional, lastly I had a interview with the Director and asked with similar questions. A couple of days went by then I received an offer. Overall I had great experience in the interview process and the first impression from AG/Matel.

Doll Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

At first I went to the actual store thinking that is where interviews are held, but they are not. Interviews are held at head quarters. I was asked a few questions and was hired on the spot.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Girl (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a management role and I had 4 different interviews altogether. First was the HR Mgr, second the Asst Store Mgr, third the Store Mgr and finally a Region level manager. A total of 3 weeks from initial to offer. Great interview questions from all the leaders I met with. Very friendly, strong leadership attributes and very pleasant relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions are mostly situational and behavior based. They want to know how you can lead a team, develop teams and get them to their next step, customer centric all revolving around leadership competencies. It was very conversational and they all wanted to know who I was a leader and my abilities I would bring to the company. For new leaders, this would be deemed a difficult type of interview but for those seasoned with experience with leadership skills this was easy   Answer Question

Guest Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I received an e-mail the day after I applied to contact the Employment Manager during the predetermined times that were listed if I was still interested in the position. When I contacted the Employment Manager she asked a few preliminary questions about my availability and if I were willing to consent to a drug test if I were hired. She told me that she would follow up with me within a few days. She called back within minutes to arrange an interview at the store.
    When I was interviewed at the store I noticed that the questions that were asked during the interview in person were not relevant to the position that I applied for.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl in February 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me through LinkedIn, shared the job description and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for the role.

A phone screen with the hiring manager was scheduled within a week.

The hiring manager said they had a lot of qualified candidates and they would decide who they would invite back in a week.

They declined to invite me for an interview or give feedback.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

Applied online at Mattel.com for a Sales Associate position then was contacted by HR to send my resume. Once my resume was looked at, I had an interview. I was interviewed by three managers and they like my answers and personality. I had a background check and then I got started.

Bistro Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Franklin, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview with upper management. Open dialogue with friendly people. Easy to ask questions and discuss questions and concerns. Interview was conducted just a few days after application, and recieved job offer two days after interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you hope this potion will lead thou in the future?   Answer Question

Server and Dessert Counter Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Girl (Bloomington, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I received a call only hours after applying and scheduled an interview. Easiest interview I've ever had. I met with the Bistro manager and he literally spent 20 minutes talking about Mattel, what it's like to work there and all the positions they have open. I then got a 10 minute tour of the place. I was asked zero interview questions. He only wanted to know how many hours I wanted and when I was available. In the end I was offered to work as both a server some days and dessert counter others and I took both simply because the hours were very little and I needed at least 30 per week. The server position had not been posted yet so I had to wait until it was available to fill out online. One week after the interview I had an appointment with H.R. to begin paperwork.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Girl (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

asked about why i wanted to work there. asked what i was doing. also wanted to know if i ever owned one of the dolls. They also asked what days i was free to work and were able to work around my existing schedual

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Girl (Middleton, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with head of HR department after an employee referral to the position. Interview was pretty comfortable, asked mostly questions about leadership and team cohesiveness and abilities related to performing within and around teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to take the lead on something/be a leader, and what was successful and unsuccessful for you?   Answer Question