American Girl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Girl Interview Questions

Interviews at American Girl

2.3

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl in February 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me through LinkedIn, shared the job description and asked if I would be interested in interviewing for the role.

A phone screen with the hiring manager was scheduled within a week.

The hiring manager said they had a lot of qualified candidates and they would decide who they would invite back in a week.

They declined to invite me for an interview or give feedback.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call within a few days. Had a 1 on 1 interview with the assistant store manager, was fairly short and asked basic questions. Mostly wanted to hear about my past experience working with children. Got a mini tour around the store and back of house area as well.

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Girl (Natick, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

they asked why do you want to work there? what do you know about the company? then they ask you generic interview questions. then they would let you know if you are hired.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Girl (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Went into the store and asked if they were highering, was given an application and an hour later turned it in and got an interview on the spot. It was a friendly and easy interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer that wants something out off stock?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Girl (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Very fast. First had a phone interview then met with direct manager during in person interview. My portfolio was reviewed, and I talked about my past installation work for other large brands. The HR director was very personable and friendly, as was the head of the visual department.

Interview Questions

• What strengths will you bring to the role?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl (Lynnwood, WA) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back for a phone interview, got asked a couple basic questions confirming my age, and about why I wanted to work there. I then set up a formal interview and was told the recruiter would be in touch to confirm and offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave excellent customer service or went above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Girl (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was short,simple, and straight to the point. In addition to that the interviewer was polite,easy to speak to during the interview;plus, the interviewer was open to new ideas.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working around children?   1 Answer

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Lynnwood, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went into the American Girl store and let the woman at the front know I was there for an interview. I waited in a comfy bench for a little while, and then the interviewer came out to meet me. It was a pleasant and calm environment, and I felt my nerves melt away as I walked in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time someone was being difficult and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer
    • During the holiday season, what is something that causes you stress, and how do you handle that stress?   1 Answer
    • What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Girl.

Interview

Overall I had 4 interviews. I was called by the Corprate HR where she conducted the first interview with general management questions, then I had an interview with the Regional AP manager and went into more questions about my experiences and how the AP program is structured there, I then had an interview with the store manager and was laid back but was very professional, lastly I had a interview with the Director and asked with similar questions. A couple of days went by then I received an offer. Overall I had great experience in the interview process and the first impression from AG/Matel.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Girl (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, called the next day, had a interview the same day, got the job and started two days later very easy to job to get as long as you have experience