Avalara Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Avalara

2.5

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avalara (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed on the phone with a Test lead, then invited for an on-site interview. It was a 5-hr interview with one person at a time. I was interviewed by a test lead, a dev lead, 2 devs, and a VP at the end. Everyone asked me about problem solving/coding/testing. The questions weren't really difficult or unexpected. They were all easy to talk to and friendly.

Interview Questions

• The coding questions were about strings, hash table, design,... If you reviewed the algorithms well, you'll do fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Avalara

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avalara (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

They took programming in first round which had 4 programs. I solved all of them. It neither had any question related to Selenium nor the interviewer asked any. The person who came to interview me was less experienced also asked things only about Java and not a single question on Selenium. He told me to explain all of the programs which I did then he told why didnt u use optimised way from collections or something. When you have less time, how will you optimize the code, all you think of is getting solution.
    He was less experienced and was asking questions like from all the technologies used in Testing industry, not sure what was he trying to prove. I Googled it and all the logic n programs were correct,despite they told I was rejected and when asked I was weak in Selenium programming.
    Ask questions on Selenium before judging other persons knowledge. When everything was right stop assuming and asking stupid questions.

Interview Questions