Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,264 of over 2,264.0 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bain & Company

Featured Interview

Bain & Company

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company in Sep 2021

Interview

First round was two case interviews with two different junior consultants on zoom, second round was two case interviews with partners on zoom and third round was one case interview and some behavioral with one partner on zoom

Interview Questions
  • What are some strategies you would use to solve this problem?
    2 Answers
6 people found this interview helpful

Bain & Company

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

Very challenging process. There was a screening, followed by an assessment, followed by four 30-minute interviews with four leadership team members. A lot of scenario-based questions. They want to make sure your values align with the organizations, and that you are actually qualified for the job. Every person I spoke to was very professional, personable, and polite, which gave me a great impression of the organization (which I still have) They like confidence in your answers and do not mind if you ask to repeat a question or if you say you don’t know something - they’re very reasonable and truly just want to get to know you better.

Interview Questions
  • What was one decision you took without consulting with management? Do you have experience arranging travel for executives? Are you comfortable with speaking with executives and leadership team members on a daily basis? Do you have experience coordinating calendars for executives or clients? What is your biggest strength / weakness? Do you have experience working in a remote environment?

What people are saying about Bain & Company

Join the conversation on

Consulting

341.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Bain & Company~3752
Join the conversation on

Bain & Company

Application

I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

We had an interview process with case analysis and guesstimate questions to be done. The case was a market entry case with the guesstimate being a market size estimation of a new product to be launched in india. There were also typical fit questions with regards to the firm

Interview Questions
  • Why consulting and would it be easy to work there as a fresher

Bain & Company

Application

I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

The process is long but you have to be patient and get through it. The questions are easy to understand. There are many rounds to go about, just be yourself and go for it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bain & Company

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

I had two 45 minute interviews which included the typical case questions you can find online. There were very few (one or two) behavioral questions based on the contents of my resume.

Interview Questions
  • One of my two interviews included a market-sizing case question.

Bain & Company

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

Process had a 3 stages: - Analytic tests - Language skills - Meeting with managers They requirement lot of soft skills and analytic skills. You have to improve that You are the right one.

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you? How do you analyse data? Why do you want to work with Bain?

Bain & Company

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

Two back to back cases interviews conducted over Zoom. The case studies were medium level, the interviewers were friendly but it being the end of the day seemed very tired.

Interview Questions
  • No behavioral questions just a case study, similar in level as Case in Point.

Bain & Company

Application

I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

Not stressful. Worked through two cases online. The questions were not too difficult and straightforward. Interviewers were friendly and helped steer the case problems in the right direction. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bain & Company

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

Met with an HR rep first. She was in a different time zone which caused me to miss the interview. She was so nice and flexible about it and we were able to reschedule quickly. She was amazing at explaining the position and benefits that Bain offered. Really sold me on the position and company. Then I met with three team members within the next week for individual interviews. Every single person I spoke with was so great and welcoming even in an interview environment. They all really made me feel like this was the right place for me and even reached out after I accepted the offer to congratulate me and tell me they were excited to work with me. The time from the initial HR interview to the offer was one week. ONE WEEK. It was mind blowing how quickly the whole process went compared to other jobs I have applied for.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your experience/resume.
  • Situational questions about what you would do in certain events related situation.

Bain & Company

Application

I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

Interviews are focused on case study and behavioral fit. They will ask you why you are interested in consulting, prior experience, what you study. Nothing out of the ordinary but make sure to be prepared for case interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bain & Company

Application

I interviewed at Bain & Company

Interview

Underwent two 40min case interviews back-to-back, conducted by two different people. Both were interviewer led and included 10min of behavioral analysis. The interviewers were friendly and encouraged me throughout the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,264 Interviews

Bain & Company Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Bain & Company as 74.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.54 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Summer Associate and Consultant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Associate Consultant and Associate Consultant Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Bain & Company takes an average of 22 days when considering 1,543 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Summer Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 19 days), whereas Consultant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 24 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Bain & Company according to 1,543 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 42.45%