Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2018
1,053 Interview Reviews

3.6

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The interview was friendly and consisted of some personal (leadership, experience, etc.) questions and cases. The cases were interesting and novel, and the interviewers seemed to really want to get to know me. They were also open about their experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you had leading a team.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Moscow, ID) in May 2018.

Interview

Well I had 1st round 2 1 to 1 interviews and after that was scheduled 2 1 to 1 interviews with more senior partners. Overall on the second stage questions were more open ended and were not framework oriented

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Bain held info session at my college. Got a first round interview. Didn't pass.
    .Everything was pretty standard. The questions were ok, but perhaps I didn't pass because I didn't get one of them.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Amazing people, multiple rounds, extremely honest about interview process and experience on the job. They patiently answered all my questions, asked questions from my CV. Large focus on being a right fit in the Bain culture. Amazing soft and hard skills training that prepares you for almost any career with very transferable skills.

Interview Questions

• Size the market for Uber Cabs taken in New Delhi per day and how uber can improve profits   Answer Question

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Great, friendly process. Highly informative! Interviewed with group of three assistant managers followed by the senior coordinator. Lastly, I answered four case study open ended questions. All together, the interview lasted two hours.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Two rounds of case interviews. First round consisted of a back to back with a brief behavioral interview at the beginning and the second round consisted of a written case with a presentation.

Interview Questions

• How do your past experiences prepare you for consulting?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Was not overly impressed with interview. It was a formula based interview process. Not the least bit dynamic. Very obvious a script of questions were being asked. Luckily it wasn't a face to face interview - I would have been rolling my eyes and probably would have left during the middle of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were scripted and formula driven. Interviewer was following series of scripted questions - very obvious.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company in March 2018.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. The office scheduled a phone interview a few weeks later. The gentleman on the phone was nice. First, he introduced himself, and I subsequently introduced my self. Once the introductions were over, the gentleman proceeded to ask general consulting interview questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Went to a info session on campus and submitted the application online. The interview consisted of two 30-minute interviews. One personal interview question (eg why Bain) and one case study for each interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Overall, it was a really great experience. One phone screening call and then two rounds of two cases. The cases were interviewer led for the most part but definitely require knowledge of how to drive a case. Slight behavioral component during the final round, but mostly revolved around the cases.

Film Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for 30 minutes by phone and then spent an hour in-person at their midtown NYC location. The team was warm and welcoming, but I found out that they had already chosen someone to hire and had me come in as a backup.

Interview Questions

• What editing software do you use?   1 Answer