Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.6

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

The interview was friendly and consisted of some personal (leadership, experience, etc.) questions and cases. The cases were interesting and novel, and the interviewers seemed to really want to get to know me. They were also open about their experiences at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you had leading a team.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

2 case interviews back-to-back (1 with a consultant, 1 with a principal). Both interviewers were friendly and helpful which made the whole process an enjoyable one. The first case was a pretty standard one--particularly for Bain, and focused on whether the client, a Private Equity firm, should invest in a company (and involved some market analysis and profitability calculations). The other case was more of a brainstorming session on the major factors affecting customer demand for a particular good. There were some basic fit questions interspersed but overall the interviews were heavily case focused.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in consulting? What other careers have you considered?   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

After passing an initial phone screening, I was scheduled on short notice to interview in person with 5 people (back to back). The process took nearly three hours. I followed up with a thank you to each and every one of them, received replies from two who said I should hear something soon. Followed up a week later with one of them and was told the same thing. It has now been a month since that follow up. Being ghosted on is rather unpleasant and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions tailored to my work experience. Also asked several situational questions about working in teams.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

2 first round cases with casual personality questions; 3 second round interviews - 1 written case, 1 normal case, 1 traditional interview. they generally call you same night as your 2nd rounds if you get the offer.

Interview Questions

• asked me to show math and logic for written case, and why didn't include some slides   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I first had an over the phone interview which went great, the person who interviewed me was very insightful and shared that she was new to the company as well. I was asked a lot of typical scenario questions. A couple days later I was called to do the second round of interviews were I would meet with 3 people in charge of the department I was applying for.

Questions were not challenging, rather very basic scenario questions. I felt like I had more challenging questions for them a in regards to they're company however they were unable to answer, in fact they showed no passion for Bain (lack of company knowledge I guess) this company seems to be doing all the right things in business.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where nothing seemed to be going your way, what was the outcome? How did you handle?   Answer Question

Interview

it was a good process. they were very nice. The questions are somtimes hard, and require a lot of thought, but then again being a managment consultant is very demanding. The bain people were definitely the smartest of any of the consulting firms'

Interview Questions

• shoulda coffee chain expand   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

I only made it as far as the initial phone screening, which was filled with pretty run of the mill questions like "what's a time you displayed attention to detail?" I spoke with someone from the global services hr department and they said if I made it passed the first round there would be at least four more interviews conducted with various supervisors and members of global and practice teams.

Interview Questions

• describe an instance in which you had to display analytical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

2 rounds of interview for a total of 4 interviews. Each interview consists of 5-10 minutes fit interview and ~30 minutes of case interviews. First round is typically with consultants and managers. Final round is with partners

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your leadership experience
      Why did you apply to [this particular office location]
      Case interview   Answer Question

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Fast process, through referral connection within the company
    Mock interviews and getting in touch with others prior to interview to learn about the company
    HR was very helpful
    Everyone was willing to discuss, have coffee or phone call to answer questions

Interview Questions

• two 45 min case interviews,
      was told to practice my quants and there was no quants tested in one of the cases! So be prepared for qualitative and quantitative equally !   Answer Question

Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got call the very next day and was invited for the in-person interview at Dallas Office. It was an in-depth behavioral interview. Both of my interviewers were very polite and helpful.