Bain & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bain & Company Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.6

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a case interview with multiple cases over multiple rounds. I enjoyed the discussion with each of the interviewers. the cases weren't easy, but they weren't very difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about opening a pizza place   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

It was fast and efficient, everyone was very nice. Started with a phone screen and then met with ten people over the course of two interviews. Many behavior based questions were used.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Two rounds of in-person interviews: two interviews in the first round (both case-based) and three for the second (one written, one case, one fit). I was notified the evening after my first interview that I was invited back for the second round, and I believe there was only one or two weeks between the two. I very much enjoyed speaking with each of my interviewers, and was even more excited for the position after leaving each round. The fit and case portions of each interview was much more conversational than my experience at other firms.

Interview Questions

• Expect the interviewers to push back on your answers to see how you respond.   Answer Question

Client Acquisition Interview

Interview

Applied online through university portal, whole entire process took about two to three weeks interview conducted through skype, average interview with normal questions but computer connection kept breaking, interviewer was nice and talkative. Overall good learning experience, would

Associatw Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

First round consisted of two case interviews. Cases were about profitability and acquisition and was 30 mins each. Interviewer was really friendly but the interview focussed more on the case then fit questions.

Manager Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bain & Company (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a surprising experience to be able to interview with Glassdoor's #1 Best Places to Work. I had 2 phone calls and 2 on site visits in their SF office. I got to speak with many wonderful people and overall it was a great experience. I has my first call with the recruiter 5 days after I applied. 1 week later, I had a call with their HR Specialist (the one who oversees the MA's I believe). The following day (Friday) I went on site to meet with one of the Consulting Managers, then the Monday after that, met with 3 other Manager Assistants, another Consulting Manager, and lastly the HR Manager. It was a wonderful experience for me, up until I had to wait for their feedback/decision. It took them exactly ONE MONTH before I heard back. I understand the need to wait to hear back from interviews, but I think I was under the impression they were moving fast since they insisted on scheduling my phone calls and on sites so immediately. I believe they hire the best of the best and unfortunately that was not me this round. That's fine. It's just that I've never had an interview experience where the waiting period to hear back was TWICE AS LONG as the actual interview process itself. I felt they could have rejected me much sooner to be honest, and I would have been fine.

Interview Questions

• Say one of your managers were on their way to the airport for a meeting in another state and you find out that meeting has been cancelled . They aren't responding to your texts or answering your calls, what do you do now?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Typical case interviews. First round was 2 case interview in the Boston office, met 2 consultants. Final round was a whole case interview with the manager and partner flied from the home office. Overall experience was really nice. The case analyzing skills is important.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

On-campus interview after applying through my university's career center. Had 2 business cases but didn't go through to the next round. Warm and welcoming team but no feedback on how I did in the interview even after follow-up. Neat process overall, seems like a great place to work but very competitive recruitment. Will definitely try again.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company.

Interview

Applied online from non-target, had a phone call with an AC to discuss interest and run a case, was invited for first round interview a few days later. First round interview was 2 45min cases over Skype with short behavioral section. Final round was the same structure but in person. Cases were what you'd expect if you've done your research/practice. They were even more casual/conversational than expected. Based off my experiences with who got offers and who didn't, lots of value was placed on fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bain & Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I knew a contact for an office outside of the US. After a couple of 30 minute conversations about consulting he gave me the chance to apply via his referral. I was contacted three months later for a first round interview in Chicago. This interview consisted of two - 30 minute cases. Both were about profitability. One had to do with the application of a new technology and the other focused on discovering the cause for declining revenue in a company. Final rounds consisted of two - 40 minute cases in New York. Similar questions but more ambiguous and open-ended. They really wanted to know the methodology uses to find the answers I put forth.